have you met FAMOUS people?

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I met Flava Flave at a Beverly Hills coffee house.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    oh yes, i saw mini-me at Heathrow Airport in London about 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't want to say anything to him because I didn't know what his real name was. I figured it must suck to be called by your screen name and not real name and didn't know his real temperment, so refrained just in case.... didn't want to get my ass kicked by his crew of 10 "little people" he was with(imagine that scenario...haha).

• Folks I've met in my time so far:::

Adam Yauch[/b] - Various occasions. Very nice dude.

Kurt Vonnegut[/b] - Lived nextdoor to him for about 5 years. Never read any of his books but would say hi to dude on the regular. Are his books any good?

Keanu Reeves[/b] - Chateau Marmont. He lived there for a spell & I was staying there during a business trip. Talked about River's Edge and what it was like working with Crispin Glover. Invited me to some party he was having poolside later that night. Dude had a bunch of naked chicks in the pool with him including Amanda De Cadenet who was super hot around that time. I was in my room cuz my girlfriend was with me. His life certainly does NOT suck. Mine however....

David Lynch[/b] - Totally star-struck this time out. Met him at the Museum of the Moving Image for a preview screening of Lost Highway. Very nice and gracious in a low-key sort of way. Signed my Twin Peaks trading card and "Images" coffee table book. Yes, I'm a geek like that.

Marylin Manson[/b] - Partied with him and Twiggy Ramirez[/b] one night at some after hours spot in Soho after Twiggy saw me stumbling out of the ladies room. Good times.

Rosie Perez[/b] - Was in my Shaolin class. Very cool lady. Later on, found out she was eyeballin me & made some comments to a girl I was friends with who was aslo in the class. Found out way after the fact. I was kinda pissed but homegirl said "Adrian, you have a girlfiend". Big fuckin deal. Hollywood pussy supercedes the regular boyfriend/girlfriend rules. I felt like George Costanza in the Marisa Tomei Seinfeld episode. Not a good feeling.

Dust Brothers[/b] - Had it not been for Fight Club, the Dust Bros would have been the producers of the first Bombay the Hard Way album. Such cool down to earth dudes and access to the craziest sensi I've ever puffed. Met them during SXSW and hung with them on several other occasions.

Prince Paul[/b] - DeeJayed BTHW rekkid release. Also very nice guy. Also turned the party out with ease.

Christopher Walken[/b] - Well, don't know if this really counts. Was in the elevator with dude at the Chateau Marmont and he was kinda weird. No words were exchanged and it was just us two in the elevator. I think he sensed I was about to say something, so he turned around to face the back wall pretending to read the weight capacity for the elevator. Then he kinda rushed out when it got to his floor. Again, I don't know if this counts but dude is so bugged out that probably acts like that around his friends. I'm counting him as a "person I've met".

Drew Barrymore[/b] - OK, I KNOW YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS SHIT BUT I SWEAR IT'S THE TRUTH. OK, this is in the mid 90's, right after Drew got tattoos and did that Playboy shoot. She had that cute Betty Boop hairdo and dressed real hot. I was lookin for shoes at Trash & Vaudeville on St. Mark's and it was the middle of the day. Nobody in the store except me, one employee and a grip of shoes. There weren't individual chairs, it was a huge round bench that went round the perimeter of the store. OK, so I ask to see some shoes, dude goes to get em and in walks Drew Barrymore with a huge bodyguard & some dude in a suit. It's NYC, bad form to acknowledge a celeebrity sighting. So I nonchalantly contain my surprise. Dude eventually comes back with my shoes and this is where the story veers into "unbelievable" territory. I sit down to try em on, Drew sits right next to me and proceeds to try on a sample off the rack. OK, OK, now this is the thing, she's wearing this tiny miniskirt and she lifts her leg up on the bench to try on this shoe GIVING ME FULL VIEW OF HER PANTIES (white cotton w/ little teddy bears on em). I am shocked and excited and about to jump out my skin at the sensory overload. BUT, I somehow maintain my cool. I mean, it wasn't that I was trying to catch that glimpse, so much as she wanted to show me. This is one of those moments where after the fact, you can't believe how well you handled your shit. I look at her & she's bein all cute and smiley and I say to her "y'know,you were really good in E.T.". She starts crackin up & says "thanks a lot cutie." I talked to her for a moment & then her bodyguard & dude usher her out. She turns & says bye & I'm there kinda stunned. Reality comes back in to focus and store employee was like damn, that was fuckin crazy. Yes, it was, it was.

There are more, but those are some the more memorable ones. Cool thread.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    george (geoge) clooney

AND james van der beek on separate occasions
    don

You cream your panties on these occasions? I don't know any straight dude that would want to actually meet Geroge Clooney or James Van Der whatthefuckhisface, especially willing to make the distinction "on seperate occasions". Real suspect, son.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

My only claim to fame is that my cousin was in "the whole nine yards" w/ Matt Perry & that I'm cool with Corey Haim.

h

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    george (geoge) clooney

don

You cream your panties on these occasions? I don't know any straight dude that would want to actually meet Geroge Clooney or James Van Der whatthefuckhisface, especially willing to make the distinction "on seperate occasions". Real suspect, son.
    yes. i got them in a three way. you're bright!

george (geoge) clooney

don

yes. i got them in a three way. you're bright!

NO WAY! Nuh-UH! F'reals?!?!?!? HOLY CRAP!!!!

• autezautez 404 Posts
    met MC Hammer at 24 hour fitness a few years ago.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    i hit a party at sundance where aceylone and john lydon were in the house. next day ate brunch next to mikey from the goonies.

harvey scales was my babysitter.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts

Bernard Purdie of Beatles fame in Portland

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    ok I'll play for real...i mean this thread IS name droppers heaven, hahaha

I'm pretty good friends with Rodney O and Joe Cooley. Although Rodney's been acting fucked up the last year or so and we haven't been doing anything with him as a result, kinda sucks cause Joe is a cool cool cool dude and the relationship with him is sorta dependant on the one with Rodney. such is life I guess

I've been working with King Tee and Threat some as a result of this MayLay project I'm doing...very cool guys. Will be working with them more in the future.

J-zone is a pretty good friend of mine...I dunno if he counts as a celebrity.

I used to work a lot with Living Legends...met Shock G at a video shoot for Murs along with Money B and Numskull from the Luniz.

I know Howard Jones...modern soul dude that had a hit in the 80's called "So Fine" I did some design work for him, real nice guy.

I met Maceo Parker, Fred Wesley, Sweets and Fishbone at a concert I worked at in Chicago...got Fred and Maceo to sign my copy of "A Blow For Me A Toot To You" that made my night.

I met Tony Plana when I worked at this hotel in Santa Fe, he was really nice...humble too.

other celebrities I met in Santa Fe...Brian Dennehy, Fran Tarkenton, The husband from the first season of Married With Children (he's a dick), Carol Burnette, Ken Howard (from The White Shadow).

I met Jaz and Jay Z when they were a group, both really nice dudes. got their autographs along with their DJ Rockin Ron.

My uncle worked on Bonanza so I met Dan Blocker (Hoss) when I was real little...that was cool.

My favorite one though is some random punk shit...when I was 12, me and my best friend were at my dad's house and these punk guys were outside screening shirts and hanging them up to dry. One of the dudes was like "I need a fuckin clove man" and we just happened to have some so we offered him one. He was like "you little dudes are rad" (it was 1983) and told us we should hang out with them. So they tried to explain punk to us...all we really knew about was metal. When we asked him if it was like heavy metal he was like "yeah! but faster" They showed us tour pics and all kinds of shit, playing us music and giving us a rundown on what punk was. I dunno why but I remember those dudes were way into that group Girlschool. so anyways, these dudes ended up giving us tour shirts and 45's and had us hang out with them all day long going to eat pizza and shit, dudes turned out to be MDC. I lost my 45 which pisses me off to no end but I still have my tour shirt. MDC Tour Amerikkka

There's more but I can't remember right now...nothing too significant.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Having worked in newspapers for ten years and in the hotel business for five I've met more celebs than I can count. Most were/are no big deal. My most memorable:

Dean Wareham (Luna) - lunch in New York with him, his mom and my roommate (Dean's cousin). many shows in DC.

Screaming Trees, Pond and Poster Children - backstage shenanigans at the old 9:30 Club. The Trees could drink back in the day.

Sugarcubes and Miracle Legion - roadied and partied (heavily) with them in Cleveland and Detroit on their first US tour. We managed to sneak into the rooftop bar in the hotel in Detroit after they had closed. Security never came.

Grateful Dead (post Jerry) - got to watch them practice (!) and then interview them separately at their HQ in Novato. Best part was the tour of their tape vault (very impressive).

Bill Berry (REM) - got drunk on REM's tour bus and then got baked in Bill's suite at the Mayflower in DC with some of the guys from Widespread Panic. Berry is super-chill (who's departure REM has never recovered from). His wife Mary Berry is also a sweetheart.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - After-show weed smoking and shooting the breeze at the now infamous Alrosa Villa in Columbus, OH. Cave was very calm and friendly while chaos reigned around him.

Tom Seaver - checked him into the hotel I used to work at in Atlanta. Having idolized him as a kid I was speechless for probably the only time in my life.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I have to stay the fuck out of this thread, but there's some great stories in here.

• My only claim to fame is that my cousin was in "the whole nine yards" w/ Matt Perry & that I'm cool with Corey Haim.

h

Corey Haim!?!?! get the fuck outta here!

me..Maceo Parker,M.O.P,Dikembe Mutumbo,Charles Oakley,John Starks,Dave Justice,Ryan Klesko,and a handfull of other Braves players

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

My only claim to fame is that my cousin was in "the whole nine yards" w/ Matt Perry & that I'm cool with Corey Haim.

h

me..Maceo Parker,M.O.P,Dikembe Mutumbo,Charles Oakley,John Starks,Dave Justice,Ryan Klesko,and a handfull of other Braves players

Yeah, I could tell some stories about that dude. He's fun...

Its my dream to put out a "45 with Corey, Danno3000, & Guzzo. I want to be the executive producer, on some type of Maurice Starr kinda steez...That would be some hot shit.

h

• My only claim to fame is that my cousin was in "the whole nine yards" w/ Matt Perry & that I'm cool with Corey Haim.

h

h

man I need a autograph for proof!!!!!!!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

h

h

man I need a autograph for proof!!!!!!!

I'll see if he can hook you up with an 8 x 10!

h

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I just remembered a goodun. There's a high end fashion designer around at the moment who makes $5k handbags, initials LB... well when I was 14 I fooled around with her in a tent and snapped her brastrap. I was thinking of making it into a trademark move, you know, being a clueless little shit and all. I think I got to 3 and then went through a bit of a dry spell. Like 2 years.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Sat next to Bobby Knight at a junior college game, but I was way to scared to say a word to him. Dude might have hit me with a chair. He was scouting so i didn't hink there was any point in talking too him. Plus, as my Dad said "He's an asshole why would you want to meet him?"

Met the 70's Buck Rogers. Can't remeber that guys name now.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Let's see:
    - King Kong Bundy and Big John Stud in 1986 (at Dayton Intl. Airport)
    - Keith Sweat in 1990 (sucked; wouldn't sign autographs)
    - Coolio and Crazy Tunes in 1991 (at Dayton Mall after concert; he asked "Where the hoes at?")
    - Teddy Riley in 1994 (at Hampton Mall in VA)
    - Montel Williams in 1996 (while on his show as a guest...)

There might be more in the future...

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I have to stay the fuck out of this thread, but there's some great stories in here.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    me and wim wenders are like this whenever you go out with him, you'd be suprised how many people recognise him.

I used to live next to johnny knoxville (before anyone knew he was, dude had a 4 year old kid who would be up screaming and playing in the backyard at like 2 am) in the same house that gay dude with the bald head from sex and the city lived across the road and would always be on his phone on his porch waving at me.... and i once had a staring match with that anthony whatshisface from red hot chilli peppers in a thai place... i once got stoned with de la soul, those guys were a bit odd and kinda uptight, but who wouldnt be when you've got grown men running at you asking you to sign their body parts...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I've worked on photo shoots with lots of celebs, and seen plenty more on the street in NYC (just saw Gilbert Godfrey yesterday down by NYU, weird looking guy), but a few memorable ones were:

Slash from Guns N Roses showed up for a meeting at the photo studio at 2pm blitzed, and the first thing his manager (the infamous Jerry Heller of NWA/Easy E fame) said to me was "Do you think you can go grab some beers for the Slash-man?".

Paul Simon (who is tiny in person) came in and immediately disappeared into the bathroom for 10 minutes. Not doing drugs, he destroyed that toilet! As Richard Pryor said, as much money as he has he should to pay somebody to shit for him, that man has something wrong. Seriously though, he then sat down for the shoot and played guitar and sang like it was a concert for me, the photographer, and the other assistant. I'm not a huge fan but it was pretty cool. The photos ended up on the CD he put out a few years ago called "You're The One".

As mentioned in the "Is Tyra Banks hot" thread, I did a Victoria's Secret shoot with Gisele Bundshen a few months ago and she had a nasty fever blister (herpes?) on her lip the day we did all of her bikini and underwear shots. In spite of that she was fairly nice, other than the fact that we had to listen to the White Stripes repeating on her iPod over and over for the entire 9 hour shoot.

Back in 88 or so I was a bike messenger and saw Mike Tyson and Robin Givens walking arm in arm down he street by Rockefeller Center. I was struck by how short he was and how old she looked in person when she was supposed to be a high school student on her TV show.

I'm on a first name basis with Ornette Coleman, he lives in the same building as my boss' studio, his loft is really nice.

And finally, I have had many phone conversations with Fabio, he's actually a funny guy, but a real pain in the ass too.

I've worked on photo shoots with lots of celebs, and seen plenty more on the street in NYC (just saw Gilbert Godfrey yesterday down by NYU, weird looking guy), but a few memorable ones were:

Slash from Guns N Roses showed up for a meeting at the photo studio at 2pm blitzed, and the first thing his manager (the infamous Jerry Heller of NWA/Easy E fame) said to me was "Do you think you can go grab some beers for the Slash-man?".

Paul Simon (who is tiny in person) came in and immediately disappeared into the bathroom for 10 minutes. Not doing drugs, he destroyed that toilet! As Richard Pryor said, as much money as he has he should to pay somebody to shit for him, that man has something wrong. Seriously though, he then sat down for the shoot and played guitar and sang like it was a concert for me, the photographer, and the other assistant. I'm not a huge fan but it was pretty cool. The photos ended up on the CD he put out a few years ago called "You're The One".

As mentioned in the "Is Tyra Banks hot" thread, I did a Victoria's Secret shoot with Gisele Bundshen a few months ago and she had a nasty fever blister (herpes?) on her lip the day we did all of her bikini and underwear shots. In spite of that she was fairly nice, other than the fact that we had to listen to the White Stripes repeating on her iPod over and over for the entire 9 hour shoot.

Back in 88 or so I was a bike messenger and saw Mike Tyson and Robin Givens walking arm in arm down he street by Rockefeller Center. I was struck by how short he was and how old she looked in person when she was supposed to be a high school student on her TV show.

I'm on a first name basis with Ornette Coleman, he lives in the same building as my boss' studio, his loft is really nice.

And finally, I have had many phone conversations with Fabio, he's actually a funny guy, but a real pain in the ass too.

Dam, this comes in second to Iron Monkey's post.

I post on a message board that Junie from the Ohio Players, Diplo, Soulman, Supreme, Jake One, Cosmo Baker, Young Einstein, and Monty from Stark Reality contribute to as well.

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    well without including local athlete's or skateboarder's my list is pretty much 'B'[/b] rated but here are my 2 tales:

#1)[/b]mid 90's at this spot in LA . Not really my thing but my good friend was getting into 'the business' and was all about the LA scene (I'm not gonna front, it was fun for a weekend though) anyway we're on a list at this spot, then to the VIP at another spot, so we end up at this joint called Bar One which at the time was THE spot apparently. Well we're in the back room, plenty of stories, but anyway I see some really cute blonde girl, I'm feeling pretty confident in myself, stroll up, spit game, dance, drink, flirt, kiss & get number. When we left my boys where all "damn that shit was crazy" "how'd you keep you're cool" and some other non-sense. I had no idea what they were talking about. They asked me if I knew who that was? I was like "yea, she's this cool chick Nicole" It ends up she was Nicole Eggert[/b] 'Summer' from Baywatch. I wish my friends didn't tell me who she was, I got too nervous to even call her up.

#2)[/b]Last Thursday up in SF I meet Hal Sparks[/b] from Talk Soup. Really cool down to earth guy, no long drawn out story, shook his hand talked for about 20 minutes and then off. It's nice to meet celebrities that are nice, humble & genuine.

-B-

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Most of the celebrity meetings I have had weren't "surprises," like meeting Cab Calloway after he played a show at Berklee, stuff like that, and some local Boston celebrities on the street style, like the time my friend Joel and I saw Ric Ocasek and Paulina grocery shopping downtown, and Joel had him autograph my Cro-Mags record I was carrying, and told him how much he loved "Rock for Light."
    Oh, and one time Marc Summers, host of "Double Dare" brought his son down to skate with the world-famous Copley Sq. skating crew in Boston...he just sat down and drank a Yoo Hoo and everyone was like "Marc Summers of Double Dare! Whatup Homie!!" and he just smiled and waved and waited for his kid to do a few skate tricks and broke out.

However, my Dad is pretty good friends with "Booger" of Revenge of the Nerds and highc avatar fame!! They both belong to the same Sherlock Holmes Society in NYC (don't ask), and hang out together once in a while. My Dad always calls him by his real name to me, and I'm like "Who?" and he goes "you know, 'Booger'" and I'm like "BOOGER!!" He says when they walk down the street, even in celebrity-rich NYC, a handful of people just stop and point at dude and go, "BOOGER!!!"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Drew Barrymore[/b] - OK, I KNOW YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS SHIT BUT I SWEAR IT'S THE TRUTH. OK, this is in the mid 90's, right after Drew got tattoos and did that Playboy shoot. She had that cute Betty Boop hairdo and dressed real hot. I was lookin for shoes at Trash & Vaudeville on St. Mark's and it was the middle of the day. Nobody in the store except me, one employee and a grip of shoes. There weren't individual chairs, it was a huge round bench that went round the perimeter of the store. OK, so I ask to see some shoes, dude goes to get em and in walks Drew Barrymore with a huge bodyguard & some dude in a suit. It's NYC, bad form to acknowledge a celeebrity sighting. So I nonchalantly contain my surprise. Dude eventually comes back with my shoes and this is where the story veers into "unbelievable" territory. I sit down to try em on, Drew sits right next to me and proceeds to try on a sample off the rack. OK, OK, now this is the thing, she's wearing this tiny miniskirt and she lifts her leg up on the bench to try on this shoe GIVING ME FULL VIEW OF HER PANTIES (white cotton w/ little teddy bears on em). I am shocked and excited and about to jump out my skin at the sensory overload. BUT, I somehow maintain my cool. I mean, it wasn't that I was trying to catch that glimpse, so much as she wanted to show me. This is one of those moments where after the fact, you can't believe how well you handled your shit. I look at her & she's bein all cute and smiley and I say to her "y'know,you were really good in E.T.". She starts crackin up & says "thanks a lot cutie." I talked to her for a moment & then her bodyguard & dude usher her out. She turns & says bye & I'm there kinda stunned. Reality comes back in to focus and store employee was like damn, that was fuckin crazy. Yes, it was, it was.

GAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts

BOOGER dude....BOOGER.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

BOOGER dude....BOOGER.

I heard he bopped her...then he fuc*ed her![/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

BOOGER dude....BOOGER.

I heard he bopped her...then he fuc*ed her![/b]

We've got bush, We've got bush!!!!!!!