That new Wu-Tang

izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
So... or 01 Campfire 03:59 02 Take it back 04:12 03 get them out ya way pa 04:18 04 rushing elephants 03:01 05 unpredictable feat dexter wiggle 04:12 06 the heart gently weeps feat erykah badu dhani 05:37 harrison and john frusciante 07 wolves feat george clinton 04:16 08 gun will go feat sunny valentine 04:15 09 sunlight 03:22 10 stick me for my riches 06:08 11 starter feat sunny valentine and tashmahogany 04:13 12 windmill 04:31 13 weak spot 03:58 14 life changes 07:21 15 tar pit 04:57 16 16th chamber o.d.b special 02:45http://www.divshare.com/download/2878413-c12

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Wow this is everywhere now...Talk about leaked!
    Well it aint no 36 chambers but i think its a mature effort from the wu. Gotta listen to it a few more times before i make up my mind.
    Paging Faux...

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Take It Back is imho. Rza = Master of Nautilus?

The rest is kinda

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Take It Back is imho. Rza Easy Moe Bee = Master of Nautilus?

The rest is kinda

• yeah, my dude was playing Wolves last nite in the ride before the ghost show...id say its not quite back to the golden era (94-97) Wu shit, but still real solid...

• One listen, and yeah: pretty ehh. Oh well, there's always Cuban Linx II.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    its not quite back to the golden era (94-97) Wu shit, but still real solid...

people need to get past this. we're talking 10-15 years ago here. things change.
    i'm enjoying the hell outta this schitt. it is what it is. i'm even liking "gently weeps" in the context of the album.

but if you NEED that 93 Wu, put that last joint on repeat. its fuckin disgusting(in a good way)!!

• its not quite back to the golden era (94-97) Wu shit, but still real solid...

people need to get past this. we're talking 10-15 years ago here. things change.
    i'm enjoying the hell outta this schitt. it is what it is. i'm even liking "gently weeps" in the context of the album.

but if you NEED that 93 Wu, put that last joint on repeat. its fuckin disgusting(in a good way)!!

yeah, maybe u misinterpreted my statement...i still bang Ironman like it was the day it dropped...like i said, from what ive heard...the beats are definitely dope..'REAL SOLID'...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    so, the backwards message from rza on life changes, i was curious what he said, so i threw it in cool edit:

• Yeah, just wanted to chime in with another "EHH" but the track "windmill" is a good listen...Genius drops a nice verse. On the whole, wish there was more GZA and Ghost, and less U and Cappa. Definitely like the last track too but wish the sound quality was better.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    i heard a ruff version of thug world before
    all the xtra production ... the og is fire.. lp version meh!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    i heard a ruff version of thug world before
    all the xtra production ... the og is fire.. lp version meh!

what albums that on?

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    One listen, and yeah: pretty ehh. Oh well, there's always Cuban Linx II.

rae interview part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxVklC45bOQ

rae interview part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YduSm_uxuc4

One thing tho', when you hear Rae's Ice Water LP, beats are not even decent. Back when he had his lil "production team" in 2000, shit was unlistenable. So i'm really questionning is ability to judge.

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    it was off the mathmatics 8 diagrams mixtape
    which was a freebie dl of the loud site!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    On the whole, wish there was more GZA and Ghost, and less U and Cappa.

Such is the way with Wu-Tang albums. I actually rather like the Campfire track and the ODB track is also decent (though probably because it sounds more like something from the nineties).

I don't really see me getting much play out of the album though really it's about what I expected it to be overall. Acceptable but nothing to write home about.

The album is better than I thought actually, there's some Wu-Tang forever type stuff and the kung fu samples spice it all up. Not a perfect album or CLASSIC, but had it on repeat and some tracks are definitly growing on me and have that wu-vibe...

where is john book?

peace.

• Not to get all faux_rilly with it but I can't picture this being more than "decent at best".

Not to get all faux_rilly with it but I can't picture this being more than "decent at best".

crack open those sealed records son...

• sbonesbone 144 Posts
    there an interview with rae and miss info where rae goes on about if this record gets released there will be another wu lp out!

• I've been listening to it and it holds up pretty well to my ears. That beatles track though is a swing and a miss. Shit, if you manage to get a beatles joint cleared, wouldn't you do your best to make it a facemelter? Apart from that I'll be coming back to it with decent regularity.

• They really was on some next level shit.
    They were and are 'nuttin to fuck wit' but in different ways now.

• I've been listening to it and it holds up pretty well to my ears. That beatles track though is a swing and a miss. Shit, if you manage to get a beatles joint cleared, wouldn't you do your best to make it a facemelter? Apart from that I'll be coming back to it with decent regularity.

Which track has the Beatles sample?

"The Heart Gently Weeps". No prizes for guessing what sample it uses, but lyrically it's one of the weakest tracks, which seems kinda silly to me. Still, given their situations it's remarkable they even made an album, let alone a pretty decent one!

"The Heart Gently Weeps". No prizes for guessing what sample it uses, but lyrically it's one of the weakest tracks, which seems kinda silly to me. Still, given their situations it's remarkable they even made an album, let alone a pretty decent one!

seriously? Ghost KILLS that song. Meth is great too. Rae not so much.

• That's fair enough, I just thought that it didn't go close to living up to it, and kinda felt that maybe they just tried to go sideways on it.

I'm prepared to listen to it again with your words onboard, so we'll see.

Can we all agree that "Unpredictable" isn't very good at all? They've got the A&R who plays electric guitar on there...

• kubkub 46 Posts

it wouldn't hold up as an OK effort even if it was '93 again...

• Kind of highjack... but RZA on American Gangster movie is great! (despite his short appearance..)

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    This is an album that would have never come out in 93. You just sound stupid trying to make that reference.
    Im really diggin Wolves with George Clinton and Stick me for my riches. I was really impressed with RZA's interview with tim westwood where he addressed the fact that he was makin an album that they could be proud of in ten years not something hot for this summer.

• kubkub 46 Posts
    edit

• Anyone saying thsi is ehhh, han't listened to the last Wu album... thsi si sooo much better than their last attempt. The beats are nice, surprised that people aren't behind this more. I am enjoying the fuck out of this album... A million times better than I thought it would be.

PS. There is NO WAY this should even be compared to any 93 shit... You can't use that as criteria, becaue NONE of their albums ever matched their first.