lame "streetwear" thread

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Whoops. I thought this was a thread about lam??[/b] streetwear. Carry on.

Y'all dont know how to freak these joints. Str8 Lava.

• Y'all dont know how to freak these joints. Str8 Lava.

You say this quite a bit. Why don't you put your money with your mouth is and SHOW us how you freak 'em, hoLmes! Post pics or...you know the rest.

CHALLENGE.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I'll go first.

Blow' t-shirt

[/b]

'OHSHIT' t-shirt

[/b]

Ooh...shocking.

What if those images were put up in a museum? I'm sure they have in some capacity, but would they be as inflammatory then? What is the difference inherently in displaying "art" on a t-shirt and up on some building.

But a lot of art is supposed to be dangerous. Was the intent to glamorize these events or to provoke thought?

There is nothing remotely artistic about these shirts. They are just stolen images from a google search used with a negative filter from photoshop.

I guarantee it took less than 30 seconds to "construct" from the moment the "artist" hit the search button.

x 1 billion

I hate shit like this, and its not even the content that bothers me, its people trying to pass off negatives and superimposed images on t-shirts as art. Unless you took the photo yourself, it still only represents the photographers POV IMO.

Fluckun' Hipsters.

I would guess the next series will be 9/11

Does anyone remember the Serial Killer shirts from the mid-90's? Those were kind of cool.... in a funny and ironic kind of way and long before it was cool to be ironic in an ironic kind of way.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"Y'all dont know how to freak these joints.
    Str8 Lava."[/b]

• I fuckin hate these pants! Down with Girbauds!

"Y'all dont know how to freak these joints.
    Str8 Lava."[/b]

I freak Classic Tennis Whites as well.

You say this quite a bit. Why don't you put your money with your mouth is and SHOW us how you freak 'em, hoLmes! Post pics or...you know the rest.

CHALLENGE.

Ive already displayed the Bat-Swagger. U need to GIT FAM.

Besides they dont make those Nike's in a size 13 anyways.........but if they did. BANG....BOOm..POW!!!!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Wow. Dude has twigs for arms.

CHALLENGE.

Besides they dont make those Nike's in a size 13 anyways.........but if they did. BANG....BOOm..POW!!!!

I'm not tawm'bout the creepy Michael Keaton stills nor am I tawm'bout the white linen art show blazer, I'm tawm'bout all the questionable gear. I ain't afraid to give props where they're due, but to most of us (I think), dragons and cloudicorns are fam, feelme? Prove us wrong.

If you scared, say you scared.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I had a bad taste in clothes at one time and even then I have to agree that not even the most naive, fashionably ignorant person would wear this shit. Stupid "shocking just for the sake of being shocking" crap. I hope these rags are Scotch Guarded for blood.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    As far as Soulja Boy's fashions, the dude isn't even 20 yet is he? Most young kids run around in ridiculous stuff.

As far as the images on those tshirts it makes perfect sense. The fashion industry is primarily popuated with uneducated people. On top of that many of them can also be reffered to as shallow, and money hungry. When you put these types of people in positions where they are creating image identity you wind up with all of this WTF stuff. That being said, there are definitely brands out there with integrity, that are creating interesting clothing in the streetwear market. Most of it is not anything that I could wear, but I can appreciate the merit of it.

This is my friend's line. Most of it is too bold for me, but they definitely have a spot-on aesthetic. Perhaps there is a difference between companies that are having fun, and companies that are trying to cash in?

• Your friend owns Mishka? Wow, they are pretty successful then. How did they do it?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

That t-shirt is actually a size medium.

CHALLENGE.

I'm not tawm'bout the creepy Michael Keaton stills nor am I tawm'bout the white linen art show blazer, I'm tawm'bout all the questionable gear. I ain't afraid to give props where they're due, but to most of us (I think), dragons and cloudicorns are fam, feelme? Prove us wrong.

Wow, You really trying to take it there, son. Ive got NOTHING to Prove to You.

"All The questionable gear?" -what the fuck are you sayin? What, some neon Reeboks are questionable?

Im in NYC where the freaky level is crazy high, and cats dont look twice at gear that's "against the grain."

Gold Sneakers are normal now, dude. Its not some wild & outrageous shit.

CHALLENGE.

"All The questionable gear?" -what the fuck are you sayin? What, some neon Reeboks are questionable?

Im in NYC where the freaky level is crazy high, and cats dont look twice at gear that's "against the grain."

Nah, I just feel that when people say "well you just don't know how to rock it like I do" then it usually means they are trying to defend their style and/or taste.

But you're absolutely right, you have nothing to prove to me. I just figured anybody who would brag about their style (not to mention shit on somebody else') would be willing to show us how to do this, son. I mean what's the risk? A little clowning, some props even?

Ehhh...it's all fun and games. I didn't mean to upset you, just thought you'd be willing to play along. No disrespect, hoLmes. Keep on keepin' on.

P.S. Delay said it best:

I'm all about some shoes and gear and what the fuck ever, but nothing is gheyer than discussing it. let alone, arguing about it on the internet.

• ^^^ So you're calling be gay? That's fucked up, holmes.

I'll take it back when you mail me the Bobbito highs. Blue size 11 please.

Nah seriously, I'm talking more about the arguing part of his quote. Lord knows I'm forever discussing gear on here!

Nah seriously, I'm talking more about the arguing part of his quote. Lord knows I'm forever discussing gear on here!

Haha! I know, juss playin'

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

90XL shirt on a XXXS dude.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'll go first.

Blow' t-shirt

[/b]

'OHSHIT' t-shirt

[/b]

Ooh...shocking.

What if those images were put up in a museum? I'm sure they have in some capacity, but would they be as inflammatory then? What is the difference inherently in displaying "art" on a t-shirt and up on some building.

But a lot of art is supposed to be dangerous. Was the intent to glamorize these events or to provoke thought?

There is nothing remotely artistic about these shirts. They are just stolen images from a google search used with a negative filter from photoshop.

I guarantee it took less than 30 seconds to "construct" from the moment the "artist" hit the search button.

x 1 billion

I hate shit like this, and its not even the content that bothers me, its people trying to pass off negatives and superimposed images on t-shirts as art. Unless you took the photo yourself, it still only represents the photographers POV IMO.

What is the minimum time requirement in order for a person to make art?

Again, I'm not saying it is art. But that seems like a weak argument IMO. What if it was a Campbell's soup can?

CHALLENGE.

Nah, I just feel that when people say "well you just don't know how to rock it like I do" then it usually means they are trying to defend their style and/or taste.

But you're absolutely right, you have nothing to prove to me. I just figured anybody who would brag about their style (not to mention shit on somebody else') would be willing to show us how to do this, son. I mean what's the risk? A little clowning, some props even?

Ehhh...it's all fun and games. I didn't mean to upset you, just thought you'd be willing to play along. No disrespect, hoLmes. Keep on keepin' on.

No doubt.

If i say i can rock a pair of snaeaker that most dudes here find ugly, im just sayin im not scurred to freak the freaky shit. Most likely no matter what I pair them(in photo) w/ wont win over the cats who prefer to stick to the classics & standards. Shiiit I ll freak some Cloudicorns?? in the summertime w/ some white shorts and a Seersucker jacket. Im gonna send hemol a clean pair of Jack Purcells so he can throw some magic ink on them shits.

Haha! I know, juss playin'

It seems you make some pretty decent income off the limited edition grip 'n flip game. I'm assuming you live in the North Hollywood area (or whatever it is they call the Melrose neighborhood that these streetwear/sneaker shops are situated around). I imagine there's a subculture of dudes who get quick and lucrative turnaround on these kind of investments.

Don' mean to pry, I'm just curious.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

CHALLENGE.

No doubt.

If i say i can rock a pair of snaeaker that most dudes here find ugly, im just sayin im not scurred to freak the freaky shit. Most likely no matter what I pair them(in photo) w/ wont win over the cats who prefer to stick to the classics & standards. Shiiit I ll freak some Cloudicorns?? in the summertime w/ some white shorts and a Seersucker jacket. Im gonna send hemol a clean pair of Jack Purcells so he can throw some magic ink on them shits.

whats so wild about the gold joints?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    whats so wild about the gold joints?

That was a pun I made about the material lam??[/b]. For those not up on their grandma bling, lam?? is a material comprised of shiny gold or silver thread that you used to see on your mammaw's classy seasonal sweater.

I wasn't commenting on the actual shoes. They'd be fine by themselves if they had a slight matte coat (hard to tell) or if they were matched with minimal elements on the tee. Like, say, lam??.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I would probably wear the Challenger shirt, if only to serve as a memory to that tragedy. I was one of those kids who went to space camp and visited the space museum way too often. I wouldn't want to pay some wack company to do it though.

As a means for stimulating conversation it has clearly worked in this case.

• I bet they wear this, too.

The Arab Parrot is a lam??[/b] streetwear blog that makes fun of other lame streetwear blogs.

Yeah I meant that too.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

If i say i can rock a pair of snaeaker that most dudes here find ugly, im just sayin im not scurred to freak the freaky shit.

You're scared of Toms. I feel like your idea of freaky shit is CRAZY colors, and OUT THERE materials, because all of the kicks you post are definitely part of the canon. I would rock those gold SBs. I used to have the 97's in gold.

Shiiit I ll freak some Cloudicorns?? in the summertime w/ some white shorts and a Seersucker jacket. Im gonna send hemol a clean pair of Jack Purcells so he can throw some magic ink on them shits.

$150 per pair. Please allow two weeks for turnaround. No special requests. They are a useful weapon in the coochie slaying game. Lots of girls are into art, it makes them horny.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Your friend owns Mishka? Wow, they are pretty successful then. How did they do it?
    It's straight hustle, and taking big risks. They took that shit from zero. A lot of it is throwing parties, and going to parties. That shit sounds like a ball, but it's definitely harrowing after a couple weeks, let alone a couple years. It really took a toll on his health, but he's coming back around now.

If i say i can rock a pair of snaeaker that most dudes here find ugly, im just sayin im not scurred to freak the freaky shit.

You're scared of Toms. I feel like your idea of freaky shit is CRAZY colors, and OUT THERE materials, because all of the kicks you post are definitely part of the canon. I would rock those gold SBs. I used to have the 97's in gold.

Toms are NOT sneakers IMO. And yes your right, i do stay w/in the canon.

Im sportin these right now.....

Jack Purcell China Exclusive Samples.

And that's not me.

Shiiit I ll freak some Cloudicorns?? in the summertime w/ some white shorts and a Seersucker jacket. Im gonna send hemol a clean pair of Jack Purcells so he can throw some magic ink on them shits.

$150 per pair. Please allow two weeks for turnaround. No special requests. They are a useful weapon in the coochie slaying game. Lots of girls are into art w/ UNICORNS/RAINBOWS & CLOWDS, it makes them horny.

150 plus the kicks are gonna be 50 .......200 on some Cloudicorns??. Ur killin me.