Are people really intimidated to post on this site

2»

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Soul Strut sucks shit and I've watched slowly deteriorate since day one. Fuck All Y'all. Raj can suck it.

COSIGN. As my and high-C's post counts have steadily increased, the quality of this forum has steadily gone into the toilet.

And as I realize that I've just reached 3000+ posts, I also realize that I've received a new title that in no way reflects my true personality and taste.

I now consider myself hazed. Not to mention intimidated. Ban me.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    ah thanks for the welcome, I'm semi new never really introduced myself.

I'm from the south east of England.

I'll be really honest, possible banning offence, in fact I should be banned for this but... I don't really dig that much. I just like hearing good music and I value most peoples taste on here. I think I would dig more but I'm 19 (is that young around here) and saving for university so I don't really want to buy records right now also wow I just don't quite know where to start and I hate getting into things half assed. I just like hearing about good music on here and trying to check for it through mp3's and sometimes buying the stuff whatever really then passing off to my friend that I have amazing musical knowledge (not really lol) I would love to have hundreds of records but now isn't the best of times. So yeah I'm a music appreciator. Anyway I thought this was a gossip forum But you will mainly see me post about movies thats what I know most about. I can't really bring much to the table on the records front sometimes I try, but anyway I hope I am welcome.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I mean, if it weren't for all the free "knowledge beind dropped," mp3s, trade connections, and out-of-town lodging hookups, I would stay away for good. So I take back what I said about Raj. But fuck you Marco.. You havn't even done shit for me except send me a skipping Earl Van Dyke record.

ah thanks for the welcome, I'm semi new never really introduced myself.

I'm from the south east of England.

But you will mainly see me post about movies thats what I know most about.

You were awesome in THE PARTY dude. "Birdy Num Num!" ROFL!!!!!!

So do you think Claudine Longet killed that skier or what?

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts

You were awesome in THE PARTY dude. "Birdy Num Num!" ROFL!!!!!!

one of the best Peter Seller's films evar.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dammit Hi-C & Marco, your intimidating all the new posters. Things were going great until you guys started rubbing neach others shoulders now we only got like 5 dudes to come out. I was shooting for 12-15.

Thanks guys

BTW Wilsuhn, I don't know you but you are my new favorite poster

But fuck you Marco.. You havn't even done shit for me except send me a skipping Earl Van Dyke record.

Maybe if you didn't live where the temperature never goes below a vinyl-warping 100 degrees you wouldn't have that problem, cowboy. Them VinylVulture dudes never complained about my trades, probably 'cos they're living where they've never seen the sunshine in their lives except on the telly and they don't even have ice cubes in their drinks because it's always a vinyl-friendly 8 degrees (centigrade). Take a hint.

P.S. That Van Dyke album is only worth about 15 pounds - what's the big deal.

P.P.S. Just cos you're in Texas doesn't make you more southern than me - I've heard of Lil Flip too, you know.

• Options
    I'm the ultimate thread killer! No matter what forum, no matter what subject, I have the uncanny ability to stop discussions in their tracks. So when I have something to contribute it's usually winds up at the end of threads, rapidly fading from the top of the message boards to their subsequent lesser-noticed pages that follow.

just saying though

Nope.

I am...

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    But fuck you Marco.. You havn't even done shit for me except send me a skipping Earl Van Dyke record.

Maybe if you didn't live where the temperature never goes below a vinyl-warping 100 degrees you wouldn't have that problem, cowboy. Them VinylVulture dudes never complained about my trades, probably 'cos they're living where they've never seen the sunshine in their lives except on the telly and they don't even have ice cubes in their drinks because it's always a vinyl-friendly 8 degrees (centigrade). Take a hint.

P.P.S. Just cos you're in Texas doesn't make you more southern than me - I've heard of Lil Flip too, you know.

High C, where you at in Tejas? Or should I say Dallas, Houston, or Austin?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Bhangra Sucks

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

the[/b] best Peter Seller film evar.

And that includes the brief Ealing Studios tenure...

Don't really dig much anymore - best dig though -

Sounds of Market - Philadelphia - 1985 - when Steady B's DJ at the time, Tat $, was workin' there - Herman Kelly, Freedom, Captain Sky, Cerrone, etc.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    sometimes i feel intimidated to post here... but everybody makes me feel welcome...

thanks soulstrut for giving this little dude a chance!!!

i heart you all...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    sometimes i feel intimidated to post here... but everybody makes me feel welcome...

thanks soulstrut for giving this little dude a chance!!!

i heart you all...
    DIE!

• ja_bruceja_bruce 295 Posts
    what's up everybody? been lurking for a little over a year kind of just absorbing all the info being dropped, all the inside jokes, and all of the good music coming off of the strut. thanks alot guys, maybe i'll start to contribute now that i'm posting.

name-jeff strucel
    location- between detroit and ann arbor
    age-23 years old

digging for the last few years,kinda slacking lately besides salvation army pickups.
    styles-alot to list but jazz-funk,hard funk,hip hop,classic rock,psych,broken beat,grime,acid,idm(dumb name)booty,afrofunk,downtempo,dub,electro,indie.post punk,soul,techno,drum and bass. basically anything thats not trance or country,sorry.

now that i did this post i may actually post my weekend finds for the first time.
    -later guys

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    what's up everybody? been lurking for a little over a year kind of just absorbing all the info being dropped, all the inside jokes, and all of the good music coming off of the strut. thanks alot guys, maybe i'll start to contribute now that i'm posting.

name-jeff strucel
    location- between detroit and ann arbor
    age-23 years old

digging for the last few years,kinda slacking lately besides salvation army pickups.
    styles-alot to list but jazz-funk,hard funk,hip hop,classic rock,psych,broken beat,grime,acid,idm(dumb name)booty,afrofunk,downtempo,dub,electro,indie.post punk,soul,techno,drum and bass. basically anything thats not trance or country,sorry.

now that i did this post i may actually post my weekend finds for the first time.
    -later guys

welcome to the fold homie. Detroit may have killed the lakers last year in the finals, and dropped the heat this year in the east conf. finals but I ain't gonna hold that against ya

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    "So, how do you feel about posting on Soulstrut?"

"Posting on Soulstrut has filled me with inner light. People are so friendly here. They never call each other names and they treat each other real good. They also know a lot about moldy old plastic and junk food. Some of them need to get out more, some of them need to go get some booty, but all in all they seem to be nice folks and I'm truthfully ecstatic at the occasional glimpses of this postmodern gumbo of a Star Trek Convention and ancient Rome."[/b]