Are people really intimidated to post on this site

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I mean I know I'm as gangsta as they come but I love me some fresh blood. I wanna know what the peopes in Kansas are digging out the crates, I wanna know what kinda politics we got going on in New Mexico, and I wanna get some folks in Tupelo to ask for price checks.

Introduce yourselves new fucks!

Comments

• Introduce yourselves new fucks!

courtesy of the Guzzo welcoming committee

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Introduce yourselves new fucks!

courtesy of the Guzzo welcoming committee

Before asking AP for help I was too intimidated to make this post

• his advice column is online???!?!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    his advice column is S>online???!?!! in our hearts

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Well, I'm not all that new around here, but I don't post much and I haven't introduced myself before so here goes:

I live in San Antonio, TX

Digging for about four years, 1-2 seriously

Disco, Boogie, Electro and Hip Hop

Still don't know how to add an avatar, haven't really tried

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Well, I'm not all that new around here, but I don't post much and I haven't introduced myself before so here goes:

Digging for about four years, 1-2 seriously

Disco, Boogie, Electro and Hip Hop

YES!!! this feels like victory!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    his advice column is S>online???!?!! in our hearts

truly the essence of modern soul.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I think Guzzo's new title is fly

h

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

It's in the FAQ and no too hard. Find a web site that has free jpeg hosting and then enter the link in to the box on your settings. PLus, if you have your own web page you can do about anything, but I'm not that smart when it comes to computers.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

San Antonio? Sorry, we gotta ban you now.

• SocratesSocrates 137 Posts
    I'm herrr. Don't post much but lurk lurk on the reg.

Socco

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I mean I know I'm as gangsta as they come but I love me some fresh blood. I wanna know what the peopes in Kansas are digging out the crates, I wanna know what kinda politics we got going on in New Mexico, and I wanna get some folks in Tupelo to ask for price checks.
    not to mention where to get a decent smoothie in Wyoming!!!!

• Hello I have been lurking for awhile now, I keep busy so I don't have much time to post. Soul Strut is great and I only see it getting better in the future.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Socco

Oh shit!

• SocratesSocrates 137 Posts

Socco

Oh shit!

Efharisto poli!

Socco

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

San Antonio? Sorry, we gotta ban you now.

You're from Detroit, eh? Sucka

• wihlsunwihlsun 63 Posts
    I'm the ultimate thread killer! No matter what forum, no matter what subject, I have the uncanny ability to stop discussions in their tracks. So when I have something to contribute it's usually winds up at the end of threads, rapidly fading from the top of the message boards to their subsequent lesser-noticed pages that follow.

just saying though.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Soul Strut is great and I only see it getting more nrr in the future.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i just have to keep changing my name here... that's all. if i had as much free time as young_phonics i'd look like hcrink(my personal fav).

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I'd like to think people aren't intimidated to post here, but here's a recent comment from a friend who has posted here in the past but rarely does anymore:

I don't know what it is, but I get bad vibes whenever I post there, I just
    don't feel it, I stay away enough to forget, then try again, same thing.
    Obviously not knowing much about black music doesn't help, but there's a
    thick clique veneer that awful tough to crack.

Compared to some other forums, this one definitely doesn't put a premium on being polite, accommodating or civil. I'm sure it's offputting for a lot of people. But personally I don't mind that, though I'll be the first to admit I'm part of the aforementioned "clique veneer," which might be why I'm not often the target of any kind of hazing.*

I do have to say, however, that if there's just about any music you want to talk about, and I mean ANY type of music, this is one of the only places to do it. Other forums might have more depth of knowledge, but the breadth here is amazing.

I just wish the heavyhitting UK posters would come back (no offense to current UK posters) - they really added flavor & knowledge. I mean really - as much as I enjoy it, it's not like the Funk45 board is really dropping many knowledge gems these days - and there's just as much, if not more, squabbling and insulting going on there than here. Vinyl Vulture is cool though, if a bit dry...

...oops... apparently I read this thread title as "Whine about boards you don't post on." Sorry about that.

*until I just wrote that.

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    Columbus, OH....

Digging for 15 years or so. Started following D. Carfagna around back in the day. Had some downtime periods of course but always got an eye out. Usually lurk on here for some laughs. Biggest come up was probably when Roberts Records was closing on the Southside of Columbus and Every 45 was 50 cents. Pulled Pleasure Web outta there for 50 cents. I think RJ mentioned that in Wax Poetics. Got Dante and Jock Max to drive out from Kansas city for that trip. Got a Funk and Soul night out here called the Hook and Sling. Gunning for first Fridays as soon as the club loosens its schedule. Still feel like a little dude cause I'm real bad with names and probably overlook mad shit. Plus the 5 or 6 times I have been to Sheer Magic I cant do anything but

Anyhoo.....never had a propper intro so there it is.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Not intimidated, just don't have much to say... unless I'm drunk, then I have too much to say. Some of the bay area strutters can attest to that one

DJ Ferrari

• welcome...

P.S. avatars on Soulstrut is a must

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    But personally I don't mind that, though I'll be the first to admit I'm part of the aforementioned "clique veneer," which might be why I'm not often the target of any kind of hazing.*

*you terd

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    not knowing much about black music.
    sometime's that's difficult.

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    i've lived in cincinnati for a year, in cleveland before that. been diggin for records for about 2 years. i have a lot to learn, and this site makes that painfully obvious. soulstrut does help me in many ways too. i plan on contributing more, as i have lurked long enough to get most of the inside jokes, except for the spelling of the word raer.

• i have lurked long enough to get most of the inside jokes, except for the spelling of the word raer. [/b]

That's a joke?!?

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    HI

my records suck.
    how can I be down?

peace

• i just turned breakbeat raer! im still buying 9.99 jawns though.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Soul Strut sucks shit and I've watched slowly deteriorate since day one. Fuck All Y'all. Raj can suck it.