any denver heads?

beatstew72beatstew72 314 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
i just moved to denver-area...wondering if any denver strutters exist? starting a dj gig tonite...rare funk/soul 45s...looking for some company...old curtis street bar...anyone?

Comments

• I used to do shows at that place with a dude named shag. Denver and colorado in general really never impressed me with their DJs... Boulder has a few dope heads. And the, life crew has a few good DJs.... DJ Thought in particular. But I dont know who's doing funk or whatever. Mostly House kids and hip hop DJs in CO.... boulder has some open minded heads tho, even if their all white trustfunders.

• I used to do shows at that place with a dude named shag. Denver and colorado in general really never impressed me with their DJs... Boulder has a few dope heads. And the, life crew has a few good DJs.... DJ Thought in particular. But I dont know who's doing funk or whatever. Mostly House kids and hip hop DJs in CO.... boulder has some open minded heads tho, even if their all white trustfunders.

• yeah there doesnt seem to be a ton of strutters from colorado. im down in durango but i come through denver quite a bit. i posted on a few sites about the record expo a month back and got very few responses. when i actually went to the expo it was mainly greasy-headed dudes looking for zappa or dudes w/ iron maiden shirts tucked into track pants and a pontail outta their ball cap strap hole..

imma be in denver for a week around thanksgiving so im down for a dig or some trades or just listening to wax and smokin bluntiitos. hit me on pm. it be great to put a colorado strutters meet together but im thinkin we could all fit in one booth at ihop...

as far as no good djs in colorado, lets not forget about dj vajra..