Javier Bardem is that dude

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
who else is excited for this new Coen Bros?http://movies.nytimes.com/2007/11/09/movies/09coun.html?8dpc

Comments

• Already got my tickets for tomorrow.

• I liked the novel, I like the Coens, so yeah.

• thanks for the trailer, having seen no tv in a while i'm missing out on stuff like this. i used to think the coens could do no wrong, then that intolerable cruelty showed me the error in my thinking - or was it the man who wasn't there? which ever came first. this one looks great though! bonus - the triumphant return of woody!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i got to see this at a LACMA screening last weekend (don't worry, no spoilers)
    i had the same reservations in regards to the coen brothers after 'the man who wasn't there'

but this movie is FUKING AWESOME
    a return to their old barton fink/miller's crossing days... but even more engaging and humourous. easily one of the best two or three movies i've seen all year. and yes, javier bardem is that dude. he steals the show in this.

• Saw it yesterday.

Yes, a very good movie. It's extremely violent. Very graphic so if you or your significant other have a weak tolerance for violence on screen stay away. My GF hated it because of the violence but I may see it again. Certainly is something worth seeing a few times.

It's only playing in one place in SF which surprised me. Not sure if it's limited release now. Maybe will expand when Oscar buzz starts forming later this year or early next year?

• It won't be in wide release until Nov. 21.

I'm definitely more psyched for this than I've been for any movie in a long time-
    my favorite filmmakers in a supposed return to form, plus Bardem? yes plaese.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Bardem is that dude but man why he got to fuck with that Love In The Time of Cholera or whatever? Dude was dope in Mondays In The Sun.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    If he's more menacing in this than Dance with the Devil i will need to see this.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    i got to see this at a LACMA screening last weekend (don't worry, no spoilers)
    i had the same reservations in regards to the coen brothers after 'the man who wasn't there'

Dammit, I knew I should have gone. I was there quite often recently for the jazz at night series. I saw Harold Land Jr. perform there the Friday before. Great show. Anyhow, the movie looks killer.

• definitely one of the Coens' better flicks. they pretty much built the entire film around bardem's role/look.