Your favorite peice of clothing from when u where.

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Your favorite peice of clothing from when u where a kid?Favorite hat Pirates oventop style!and my cheap boots I used for kickball and some slip on shoes with a buckle that I use to pretend I was speedracer...And MY ALL TIME FAVORITE, the White Towel I used for being Superman and at times I would turn it sideways and pretend I was Shazam!And my white bottom kung fu shoes that my wife found in the garage!!! Classics baby!!!!

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    dukes of hazzard ringer

half shirt that said thriller on it

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    captains hat

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I was a poor ass kid and to make some dough back in 7th grade I would pull jackmoves from the mall department stores and sell the clothes to kids at school. Ended up gettingmyself a nice little wardrobe out of it (no one ever suspects the 60 lbs white kid)

I used to have every damn Cross colors shirt out there and was looking mad hip hop fresh for '92.

I wanted to rock the hat with the price tag still attached but young Adam and hats never got along

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I had this nylon windbreaker LA (That's right Los Angeles) RAMS jacket. Wore that shit all the time... Werd... Big ups to Jackie Slater, Henry Ellard and Eric Dickerson...............................!

• bmx pajamas.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    dukes of hazzard ringer

I had one of these too (not a ringer though). I wore it sooo much. When I was four I was being painted for a family portrait. The Artist ask my parents if he should skip painting the shirt graphic. They said to keep in there since it wouldnt be me without it. So now, over twenty years later, there is this nice portrait of me wearing a dukes of hazzard tshirt.

• Options
    What age of kid are we talking?

When I was a likkle youth I consistently rocked the Mookie Wilson t shirt.

When I was in high school I had the LA Kings Starter jacket cause I was gangster in the Catholic School.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Shit I was just thinking about something along these lines today.

Anyone from Toronto or Canada for that matter might remember those wicked "Dope State" jackets that Maestro Fresh Wes posse use to wear. How I always wanted one of them back in the day.

I think I was thinking about this cause I saw a commercial with Farley flex for Canadian Idol and was like... wtf...

But I think for me it was a DefJam Bomber jacket I got given to me around 89.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    random fishing t-shirts. bass jumping out of water.

• Superman underwear (red w/ yellow band)

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Anyone from Toronto or Canada for that matter might remember those wicked "Dope State" jackets that Maestro Fresh Wes posse use to wear. How I always wanted one of them back in the day.

Never had one of those - but I remember everbody was buggin' over the black-and-white-polka-dot shirts from 'Stitches' back then.

My older brother hooked me up with a pair of Levi 501 Button Fly's that he bought too small. Those were the bomb when I was 12!

Five years ago a friend got a shirt that said - 'money' in green - nothin' else, but I used to play ball with dood and I'd win on the outside shot! Wore them shits yesterday.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Favorite hat Pirates oventop style!

ABSOLUTELY. I ordered my '79 Pirates hat from the back of some magazine and that shit took FOREVER to show up. Like, two and a half months. Which is forever to a 3rd grader.

I wore it until the metal eyelets (!) rusted. I still have it, too.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Let's see:
    - Battlestar Galactica shoes
    - Close Encounters of the Third Kind tee
    - The Amazing Spider-Man tee
    - Yoda tee

I think that's about it.

• Options
    Oh shit, I just remembered I had the checkerboard Vans in 3rd grade (blue and white), and got clowned daily for it. Maybe that's why I developed my current sneaker addiction, getting back at the dudes who were jealous of Sween's kicks.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Planet of the Apes t-shirt. Atari t-shirt. Velvet boots. Checkerd Van's.

• in 5th / 6th grade i wore this t-shirt at least once a week.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    in 5th / 6th grade i wore this t-shirt at least once a week.

me too but i had cut the sleeves off and cut it all the way down the sides

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    being the proper west coast beach dude, i loved me some OP and hobie shit as a small child. then we moved to clovis and i stopped caring about what i looked like as much. which was a sad sad era is fashion for me.

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts
    Lil' me circa 1982 (note "Revenge" of the Jedi patch, not "Return").

I can't believe i still have this, its getting moldy.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    dude! i had one of them patches. i got it from the fan club and got them bantha tracks newsletter things that would teach you how to talk ewok and shit.

uh. yeah.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Never had one of those - but I remember everbody was buggin' over the black-and-white-polka-dot shirts from 'Stitches' back then.

My older brother hooked me up with a pair of Levi 501 Button Fly's that he bought too small. Those were the bomb when I was 12!

Five years ago a friend got a shirt that said - 'money' in green - nothin' else, but I used to play ball with dood and I'd win on the outside shot! Wore them shits yesterday.

Was there a line of clothes from toronto with the label "2 Black Guys"

h

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Georgetown silk Starter jacket circa 1990

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Get out!!!! That's just ill. I'm pretty sure it was Revenge right up to a few weeks before opening. Even seen some old interviews with the version of the poster in the background. Get that thing cleaned and preserved. It shouldn't cost much, and it's part of your childhood. I saw a thing on preserving clothes, but i'm sure you can find plenty of info. Could be wrong, but who knows you might be able to get a little e-bay moneyin the future when 7,8,9 come out and Lucas is dead.

• cheebahazecheebahaze 235 Posts
    I love my Harrigton.....

• Chuck_HussChuck_Huss 145 Posts

Get out!!!! That's just ill. I'm pretty sure it was Revenge right up to a few weeks before opening. Even seen some old interviews with the version of the poster in the background. Get that thing cleaned and preserved. It shouldn't cost much, and it's part of your childhood. I saw a thing on preserving clothes, but i'm sure you can find plenty of info. Could be wrong, but who knows you might be able to get a little e-bay moneyin the future when 7,8,9 come out and Lucas is dead.

Yeah, its in desperate need of some kind of attention. Don't think I'll sell it though; If I ever have kids, hopefully they'll be into it!

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    i used to wear this t-shirt when i was about six that said 'elvis killed my brother' - had a big cartoon of this guy with a gun to his head and his brains and shit blasting out the other side.

i always badly wanted a Silver Surfer t-shirt but living in Australia i don't think it was possible by mail order or something like that... i've been meaning to look for one recently...

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    My fake ass Fonzie jacket was the tits.

• Elementary school: Cowboy hat or sombrero, holster and guns, fresh ernie medallion, no shirt.

Junior high: Jeans West muthasucka! Rayon shirts, long multicolored coats, black pants or JW lookin' corny jeans.

High school: Cross Colors, Starter, sports shit (even though I never liked sports), baggy jeans. Oh yeah, Tommy Hilfiger, Polo... Me and my friends were like girls in high school, borrowing each others clothes all the time an' shit...

Word

• Lil' me circa 1982 (note "Revenge" of the Jedi patch, not "Return").

Freshest jacket ever!

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts

DOPE!!!!!!!! I'm suprise nobody mentioned the Members Only Jacket and how they would tie the straps and hang them from the back???