FMU Pron (Show Your Raers Plaese!)

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    JP - how much did you pay for the Gentle Rain and is it just a one-tracker/novelty?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    a converted schoolhouse loft deal in Brooklyn

yeah, it's a dream living situation. type I'd like to oneday inhabit. block away from where I am now.

Long story short, Billy told me they were relocated there years ago after his tenants union sued the building they were in (and won) and the landlord had to re-locate everyone based on the amount of square footage in the original lease. Evidently he had a 700 sq ft apt, but the lease read 1700 sq ft, or something like that. So that's how they got that spot!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Nice finds everyone! - it's the SoulStrut meets and fun that I'm sorry I missed

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    top shelf show once again....

few things I can remember off hand

A few Golden Flamingo 12"s
    A nice stack of Blue Notes (best condition copies of the records I have EVER seen...literally like new)
    Pucho Superfreak
    Julius Brockington on Today
    Mono 1st press UK Traffic Lp
    Sergio Mendes Real thing 12"

..and too many more to recall right now.

Got to see some fine folks again.

Johnny with the Pay check ( super great guy, and beautiful store.... many props to you)

Coffin T ( if someone out there doesn't like this man... they are seriously messed up... easily one of the best folks in the business....and damned if I still don't owe him 2 lunches.)

Drew.... nice to meet you

and I'm sure there are hella more good folks I'm forgetting right now, but hey when you only get about 4 hours of sleep every night for almost 2 weeks, things get a bit hazy. Good to meet everyone, and see you again next year with certainty.

Cheers....

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    WHO GOT THE ILL 12"S?

I'm waiting on the same. Pics please!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    JP - how much did you pay for the Gentle Rain and is it just a one-tracker/novelty?

• I really didn't see a lot of 12"s this go-round.

Chad: I gotta keep those records in the shop... Sorry holmes. But, interesting note, that Gal Costa is a white label promo.

Joel: I didn't pay for it, it was part of a hefty trade, and I'm glad to report it's at least a several-tracker; pretty slamming all the way through.

Mark: Yeah I copped at 25% off (plus some, dealer discount ) What table for $700 were you talking about??

Aaron: mad I missed that Blue Note table. I heard about it...

• the women of fmu
    (miriam is so cool she gets featured twice)

is that Miriam the drummer from the A-Bones?

• Hey, Paycheck---

What's the deal with that Street & Gangland Rhythms LP you got there? By the "Six Boys In Trouble," eh? I can just make out that it's on Folkways...is it field recordings of a gang fight?

• I actually sold it before I had a chance to listen to it but yeah, I think you've got the gist of it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

is that Miriam the drummer from the A-Bones?
    Yup.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Mark: Yeah I copped at 25% off (plus some, dealer discount ) What table for $700 were you talking about??

If I'm correct, sounds like Mark's talking about the guy near the DJ set up in the corner you got several records from on Friday. The Nico Gomez, Roy Meriwether, S.O.U.L. guy. I had no idea he was selling everything for $700. That would have been a steal.

• Dude he had $700 worth of records in the first 10 of his "rare box". Just his display records were worth more than $700. Must've been some miscommunication.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    What's the deal with that Street & Gangland Rhythms LP you got there? By the "Six Boys In Trouble," eh? I can just make out that it's on Folkways...is it field recordings of a gang fight?

http://waxidermy.com/images/gangland.mp3

• Glad to have run into so many of you round the record show and at Bumpshop. It was a certainly a whirlwind weekend full of classic times. Oh, and I only found one record at the show....but it def made my day.

East of the Underground went to Mr. Express Rising.

That Leaders track kills it man.

Dude he had $700 worth of records in the first 10 of his "rare box". Just his display records were worth more than $700. Must've been some miscommunication.

I am saying. Perhaps that was some sort of last-call offer toward the end of Saturday like urry'ting mus' go?

Knowledge us M*rk!

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Dude he had $700 worth of records in the first 10 of his "rare box". Just his display records were worth more than $700. Must've been some miscommunication.

You are correct Johnny....definitely a miscommunication, as he was asking $7 thousand, not hundred. That was my man Blake from Chicago. He'd been selling his collection off since Austin the week before, and was ready to call it a day.

also Johnny...its true the Jazz table with the Blue Notes was absolutely sick. Just disgustingly beautiful condition. NOT cheap, but definitely some room for cream.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I was under the impression Blake had already sold all his records? I know he moved here to Chicago, but I haven't seen him once. Isn't he exiting the record hustle or something?

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    I was under the impression Blake had already sold all his records? I know he moved here to Chicago, but I haven't seen him once. Isn't he exiting the record hustle or something?

yup... he done left the hustle....well at least for now. He had moved it all to Chicago with him,but then decided to let it all go.

• he certainly had pigeonholed a shitload of the raer! i cant imagine what things were lookin like in austin if that was his leftovers?!?!?! jared pointed him out to me in the line outside and told me that he had been selling heat in austin, so i figured his table would be sloppy seconds. checked well into the show and it was still rich with mineral ore

• Come-ups:

The O.V. Wright looks a little worn, but plays great, especially for the price. It was hard to turn down the S.O.U.L., especially after dude knocked 25% off of it on Saturday--glad I waited.

dope!!! glad you got it at a discount. what s the problem with the cover? that shit looks fine!!! dont get anal on us drew (i'm a littlke worried after all that innuendo in your post...mike "getting it in"?? in what")

wish i coulda been there for the weekend.funfunfun

• the 12 was 7 minutes of funk. but more exciting was what i found seconsd later:

vg, but plays great. great price on both! baught a couple other things (the sealed fat albert among them) just to give them a couple extra bucks

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Yeah, that's the guy - I guess I must have mis-heard, but it was early
    Friday night, around 5:30, his was the first table I went to, and he was
    chatting with another guy and said something like "I'd rather just sell the
    whole table in one shot and be out" and when the guy asked how much he was
    looking for, I would swear he said $700. He definitely didn't just say "seven"
    and I figured he meant hundred ... funny thing is, $700 is definitely low, but
    $7,000 would have definitely been high, no? Anyway, when he said that I was
    like "shit, I should just buy his table, pull a few things for myself and
    sell the rest off over the next couple days for a profit ... " Regardless,
    he was one of the best dealers there - had heat and was asking decent prices
    for it. Nice guy, too. I couldn't believe nobody bought that Bobby Byrd -
    even when it was 25% off!

• Dude he had $700 worth of records in the first 10 of his "rare box". Just his display records were worth more than $700. Must've been some miscommunication.

Yeah, that's the guy - I guess I must have mis-heard, but it was early
    Friday night, around 5:30, his was the first table I went to, and he was
    chatting with another guy and said something like "I'd rather just sell the
    whole table in one shot and be out" and when the guy asked how much he was
    looking for, I would swear he said $700. He definitely didn't just say "seven"
    and I figured he meant hundred ... funny thing is, $700 is definitely low, but
    $7,000 would have definitely been high, no? Anyway, when he said that I was
    like "shit, I should just buy his table, pull a few things for myself and
    sell the rest off over the next couple days for a profit ... " Regardless,
    he was one of the best dealers there - had heat and was asking decent prices
    for it. Nice guy, too. I couldn't believe nobody bought that Bobby Byrd -
    even when it was 25% off!

i never find myself listening to that bobby byrd record. maybe i should give it a spin.

didnt know you were there friday...wouldve been cool to put a face with a name

Yeah, I dropped the ball on the meet-up tip, more due to a
    crazy schedule than being anti-social ... even at APT I was
    already pretty blitzed when I got there so I wasn't good for
    much more than a pound and a smile with most people. I did get
    to meet a few heads, though, and wish I had met more.

Come-ups:

The O.V. Wright looks a little worn, but plays great, especially for the price. It was hard to turn down the S.O.U.L., especially after dude knocked 25% off of it on Saturday--glad I waited.

dope!!! glad you got it at a discount. what s the problem with the cover? that shit looks fine!!! dont get anal on us drew

Haha, man...the cover is completely split on the top and bottom seams. If I can get a cleaner jacket, or at least one that's still intact, that would be preferable. If not, I'm breaking out the 3M (no air bubbles).

Yeah, I dropped the ball on the meet-up tip, more due to a
    crazy schedule than being anti-social ... even at APT I was
    already pretty blitzed when I got there so I wasn't good for
    much more than a pound and a smile with most people. I did get
    to meet a few heads, though, and wish I had met more.

You were at APT?!

• i'm really jealous i missed the show.

also

Hi can I buy that Chuito
    i have one i'm letting go if anyone wants to holler. all angles considered

You were at APT?!

haha! The funny thing is, I still remember you gave me
    that quick dap as I was walking out, and I was so shot that
    I had to walk 10 steps before my brain processed that you
    said "HEY MARK IT'S DREW" and I stumbled back, like "DREW!"

NAGL on my part, for sure - but I blame the Sapporo ... and
    the Pironi ... and whatever they serve at MSG ... and the trees ...

• David is rare.....so rare most don't know it.....let us know what you think of it.

Hey R*ch, they used to have one of these at that memorabilia shop in grapevine mills mall. Wish I woulda known it was worth scoopin up. they also had kool n the gang music is the message and couple decent blacksploitation LPs. Kinda weird scoring vinyl at a suburban mega-mall in the 21st century.

Shit....my kid works at Grapevine Mills and I didn't even know they had a shop with vinyl!!!

I scooped that Kool & The Gang plus a minty copy of The Slits LP...I think the place is now extinct...That was a good day!