FMU Pron (Show Your Raers Plaese!)

Comments

• I don't think the odorous one could even show his face at this event...

i was there w/ my rosemary scents, what are you talking about?????

I am now referring to you exclusively as "the odorous one".

Just wait for the hilarity of trying to send Japanese dealers to Brooklyn looking for "the odorous one". Haha!

• As in "stinky"?

oh shit, THATS what was missing from the show. couldnt quite place my finger on it.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    David is rare.....so rare most don't know it.....let us know what you think of it.

Hey R*ch, they used to have one of these at that memorabilia shop in grapevine mills mall. Wish I woulda known it was worth scoopin up. they also had kool n the gang music is the message and couple decent blacksploitation LPs. Kinda weird scoring vinyl at a suburban mega-mall in the 21st century.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    David is rare.....so rare most don't know it.....let us know what you think of it.

Hey R*ch, they used to have one of these at that memorabilia shop in grapevine mills mall. Wish I woulda known it was worth scoopin up. they also had kool n the gang music is the message and couple decent blacksploitation LPs. Kinda weird scoring vinyl at a suburban mega-mall in the 21st century.

Shit....my kid works at Grapevine Mills and I didn't even know they had a shop with vinyl!!!

• That's funny. Billy Butler and Fifty Foot Hose were some of the records I said if I found I would drop money.
    Lots of good records but I didn't buy anything, just wasn't motivated, it was strange. I guess I'm on a not buying mode now, oh well no regrets. Nice seeing some of you all again!

• I went friday and didnt buy anything. A bit overwhelming. Went back saturday and bought 5 afro 45s and the Electric Mud lp.

Sorry no camera.

Dress

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I heard aleit got a girl's number.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

old school nyc reggae mafia
    ira jammyland = 2 tables of unsorted/unpriced vinyl,
    each piece priced by some fool on the fly,
    miss tammy (brad's 218 record den clocktower grand groove) osbourne
    & the infamous syrian/trini alfred (the snakehead) abraham
    it was like 1985 @ ras flashback city
    i will have nightmares from this
    my own personal hell

bring yer daughter to work day/weekend

daniel is everywhere & anywhere there is good records

fake findz ?
    no way, this is DAKAR !!

saddest dude who doesn't own "mracle in my house"
    (yet......)

"there is no mafia"...........j.edgar hoover

my find of the show, the man, mikeb/bellcity
    verified by mr niceness drew

glockose searches for an exit strategy from the HEAT

antony knows what brings the buyers to the table

johnny legend adds a b-movie vibe to the weekend

sealed or better possee

the children are the future
    (no weird records that suck for this youth)

deadly dragon bring the cheap reggae heat

big ray's display featuring street salvaged racks

no fishfights or condoms, pure niceness from tri-coastal diggers bearded(less)d & the man jeffW

some diggers come to hit on the girls
    (fidel monkey nuggetz related)

best display at the fair

k.w. makes a raer return visit to the fair

the women of fmu
    (miriam is so cool she gets featured twice)

yes virginia, there is a psych mafia
    how many can you name

special thanx to tripledouble & djr for helping out the injured,
    canadian, dutch, english, german & japanese friends who kept me company & supplied with refreshments,
    my 3 "helpers" paychex, ari & josh,
    & all the camera shy, people who stopped & said high,
    buyers of mint or better
    &
    step up & interupt next time, i love meeting y'all
    see everyone a week earlier next year

• Here are a few of the goodies I picked up

Johhny Osbourne - In the Rain ( Cover of Dramatics - In the Rain)

IMPACT Comp - Great story on the insert too!

and ofcourse Marcia

• Now that I've had a chance to breathe, clean some records, get a fresh taper, and sleep it all off I can post some pics.

Some of the best finds walked into the shop before the convention ever started:

Dealer Load In

Goofing around at the shop Saturday night:

The FINDZ.

A fun time was had by all. True to form I forgot to take pictures at all the times that mattered. I gotta say the records were rather underwhelming this year. APT was off the chain... I think dropping a half-full glass of whiskey towards the end of the night might have been a blessing in disguise. This time I didn't try to dig the morning after...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Come-ups:

The O.V. Wright looks a little worn, but plays great, especially for the price. It was hard to turn down the S.O.U.L., especially after dude knocked 25% off of it on Saturday--glad I waited. Anybody got a spare cover?? But, my find the weekend was the Freddie's Dead sheet music. I'd been looking for Curtis transcriptions for a long time and never saw anything until the show. Can't wait until I learn how to play that.

Another great weekend in NYCity. Big shouts out to everybody who I got a chance meet for the first time and the regulars who all came out.

Highlights from the weekend, including, but not limited to:

Big Tone for the DP hook-up (dealer pass, you sickos)

MikeBellCity, the lost and found, for getting it in on Saturday

Tom Delay for kicking it with Vietnamese sandwiches and helping a dude out on the loaned funds tip (don't forget the psychological gem I dropped on you, worth that extra $10, right?)

JP for hosting pre-game with fellow Strutters. (I guess you can take that Inez LP off hold for now, thanks though homes.)

Dreas, as always, for making the trip and over all being that dude

So many others I know I'm forgetting...

Oh--special shout to the girl who's hair caught on fire when she leaned over the bar on Friday night. It got caught in the flame of a small candle right in front of me, emitting a huge sh*tty-smelling cloud of smoke. When she got back from making sure everything was pretty straight I told her, "Don't worry, it happened to Michael Jackson in the 80s and look where he's at now..." She hated it.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    "Don't worry, it happened to Michael Jackson in the 80s and look where he's at now..." She hated it.

BA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• "Don't worry, it happened to Michael Jackson in the 80s and look where he's at now..." She hated it.

Yes, we clowned a hippie friend of mine for years after he set his hair on fire twice within 5 minutes while smoking some weed.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The O.V. Wright looks a little worn, but plays great, especially for the price.

I think you may have got that from the guy who had
    my Billy Butler score ... everything was "half price?"

... he had a ton of great soul, including 3 O.V. Wright
    LPs, there were just some condition issues ... I definitely
    came close to pulling the trigger on the Nickel & Nail ...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Where my 45 collectros at?

special shout out to delay for tcb, as always

dreas, always great to see ya

tune up is that dude

jp, sorry i had to bounce on saturday, couldn't shake d.g.
    (sunday digging was sick/good)

• Yeah, I heard. A lot of new stock or just price cuts?

I couldn't be arsed, as they say.... I tied one back for the ages Saturday night. I was quite happy to take in a grand in the shop for my troubles, though...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

the women of fmu

Miriam Linna, center, the original drummer for the Cramps, and the good-looking half of Norton Records.

Just in case any of you ballers were wondering, yes, Miriam's record collection is better than yours. One of the coolest people in NYC, or any city for that matter.

. A lot of new stock

• . A lot of new stock

Damn you Tim, I was happy with my decision to sleep in.

• the women of fmu

Miriam Linna, center, the original drummer for the Cramps, and the good-looking half of Norton Records.

Just in case any of you ballers were wondering, yes, Miriam's record collection is better than yours. One of the coolest people in NYC, or any city for that matter.

oh shit, I think she's my neighbor. she was having a stoop sale one day, selling a bunch of those Norton re-issues and comps for cheap. gave me the catalogue to peruse too. I snagged a bunch of em, had no idea who she was. PROSPECT HEIGHTS stand up!

her friend on the left hooked up the San Ul Lim for me.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

The O.V. Wright looks a little worn, but plays great, especially for the price.

I think you may have got that from the guy who had
    my Billy Butler score ... everything was "half price?"

... he had a ton of great soul, including 3 O.V. Wright
    LPs, there were just some condition issues ... I definitely
    came close to pulling the trigger on the Nickel & Nail ...

Nah...that copy was BEAT, cottage cheese pressing dimples and everything, plus it was dynaflex-flimsy. I know there are several pressings of the LP, an OG, 2nd, and a P-Vine. I spent a few minutes trying to sort that through and figured the other copy across the way was OG and copped.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

virgil looks higher than some giraffe coochie in that pic.

jonny, those highball glasses hit the cement floor with a bang. i've done it at least twice.

• nothing too raer to report, but I'm riding the cheap train outta brokeville right now. got to at least listen to some rares on the handytrax. always feeling the frenetic energy of it. and damn if there weren't some cute girls getting dusty fingers!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

the women of fmu

oh shit, I think she's my neighbor. she was having a stoop sale one day, selling a bunch of those Norton re-issues and comps for cheap. gave me the catalogue to peruse too. I snagged a bunch of em, had no idea who she was. PROSPECT HEIGHTS stand up!

her friend on the left hooked up the San Ul Lim for me.

I am pretty sure her and Billy still live in a converted schoolhouse loft deal in Brooklyn, so maybe they are your neighbors. We flopped there years ago when we made the rounds in NJ/NYC. Salt of the earth people, I wish they still did their mag, KICKS, one of the all-time best fanzines.

The O.V. Wright

Nah...that copy was BEAT, cottage cheese pressing dimples and everything, plus it was dynaflex-flimsy. I know there are several pressings of the LP, an OG, 2nd, and a P-Vine. I spent a few minutes trying to sort that through and figured the other copy across the way was OG and copped.

Ah, right - actually, I don't think I got past the cover of the thrashed copy, it
    was his "If It's Only for Tonight" that looked decent ... he had another that turned
    out to be one of those thin green-label ABC pressings, which I can't get with.

I didn't see the copy you bought - if I had, it would have been in my pile

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Now that I've had a chance to breathe, clean some records, get a fresh taper, and sleep it all off I can post some pics.

The FINDZ.

Hi can I buy that Chuito & Gal Costa. Thanks. -CHAD

I really should have got that Chuito.
    If it hadn't been the first box I looked in, I probably would have.

Did you get it when he dropped everything to 25% off on Saturday, Jon?

That guy was offering his entire table early Friday night for only $700 and I
    was VERY tempted. OG Bobby Byrd, Chuito, all kinds of sealed shit, the
    whole table was almost all funk, soul & jazz ...

• a converted schoolhouse loft deal in Brooklyn

yeah, it's a dream living situation. type I'd like to oneday inhabit. block away from where I am now.

• WHO GOT THE ILL 12"S?

I see Tony's flossing a Seven Minutes Of Funk. Or is that Chicago Gangsters?