creative zen

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
my ipod died and i've been looking at different options besides apple. the creative zen looks pretty good based on what i've read, has anyone gripped one of these/ any good?

Comments

• I have a Zen V Plus which gets the job done. It has a built in microphone and the ability to watch videos & photos, tho the thing is so small there isn't really a point to it besides setting your wallpaper. Along with this, I've never had any problems with Creative products. Their software is pretty straight forward and they have tutorials online as well as a huge FAQ in case there is a problem

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    a couple years ago i bought a zen extra 40gb jukebox. i sold/traded it to my brother earlier this year. a week ago he dropped it and it was stuck on some hard disk problem. there was nothing that could be done. so we thought. upon checking out the creative forums we got a strange piece of advice: knock it around a little. so i tapped it against the desk a few times, and restarted it. well i'll be goddamned if the muthafucka started right back up, playing right where it had left off the day it fell.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    i had a zen vision m for a few days. was really pissed of that the software didn't worked out on my pc. and the service was

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    checking out the creative forums we got a strange piece of advice: knock it around a little. so i tapped it against the desk a few times, and restarted it. well i'll be goddamned if the muthafucka started right back up, playing right where it had left off the day it fell.
    hey man this anecdote helped me out! i whacked my ipod against the wall as it was trying to boot up and the hard drive started working again. i'm going to get all my mp3 s off it incase it tries to give up the ghost again.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    My gilr has a Zen from a few years back. It puts tiny pauses inbetween tracks thus disrupting the listening experience when bumping a mix. Old Ipods did this too. New ones don't.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i had an ipod shuffle and Frickin' hated it...every time i plugged it into my computer the cpu usage would go up to 100% and there was nothing i could do...even when i tried to "repair" the corrupted software in it, it would take hours and nothing would happen.

to replace it i got the 1GB creative Zen Stone (like...$40, probably less now)...not only does it work like a champ, it doubles as a storage device and is pretty much the exact same size as the ipod shuffle.

i cant see myself needing more than 1GB of space on an mp3 player anyway, so im very satisfied with my $40 investment, and still looking for somebody to dump my piece of shit shuffle onto.

• 2GB storage on my phone for mp3s..fuck an ipod.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    2GB storage on my phone for mp3s..fuck an ipod.
    Absolute Modernist musical listening in my private mind garden (Adorno related), fuck gigabytes.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    2GB storage on my phone for mp3s..fuck an ipod.

that just isnt enuff for me. i guess i'm a freak but i NEED the 80gb!!
    i hate having to take things off so i can fit new stuff on it. and no, i havent even heard half of whats on it, but i like to have it there.

true music geek right here.