AUSTIN - This weekend, what goes on?!

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Went to the Hoffbrau for a steak today at lunch...delicious.

I need to go try Hoffbrau Steak still. I saw a piece about them on the KLRU/PBS show Downtown. Ever since I've wanted to go but haven't. What is the deal there? Do they only serve their steaks one way?

You know what? I saw that same Downtown episode which made me want to visit Hoffbrau for the first time. That was months ago, and I finally got the chance to go for that first time today.

No visible menus. You could get a sirloin, t-bone, or new york strip...cooked to order...with optional salad and potatoes on the side.

All of it was great. I plan to make it an every other month lunch stop from here on out.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Ok, the "no menus" part was what I couldn't remember. It has been a while since I saw that episode of Downtown.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Ok, the "no menus" part was what I couldn't remember. It has been a while since I saw that episode of Downtown.

I think I recall that they cook the meat on some special griddle or something too.

I should have asked while I was there...next time.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Excellent! Thanks for the heads up about the entrance... Will definitely be stopping by!

CoolHands - Will you be at the shop this weekend? (This is Mike B, formerly of WRVU/Caroline Dist... In case you're wondering)

Zach here, we'll probably still be on Burnet. Wack ass contractors yanking our chain and stuff on the status of new space.

Mike - were you at Caroline recently or in the past? I am wondering what the story is with them since the email dropped saying 'As of Nov 1st, don't send us orders, because, we no longer exist'.

Stop by we are putting out a lot of cool stuff from the show and stuff from before the show.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

Oh yeah, here is a map I've been making to send people who are visiting Austin.

Y'all can add locations if u want:

http://www.communitywalk.com/austin__things_to_do_and_see/map/1634

p.s. make me one of these for Seattle / Portland

• Thanks for all the info/suggestions fellas! Did it up last nite @ Whiskey Bar for the M.I.A. afterparty with Low B/Dj Digg... Great party. Already done hit up Tamale House, Magnolia, and MAAAAAAAD Whataburger.

Bout to head towards Half Price Books, FoS and Backspin... Turned out to be a fruitful weekend here, thanks in part to yous guys. Hopefully will have some finds to show once it's all said and done...