Sharon Jones Dap-kings (AR)

E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I thought I'd just stop by and show my apreciation for sharon jones and the incredible Dap-kings! The 100 days, 100 nights album has been in rotation alot in the last 2 weeks. Also the entire daptone circle has introduced me to the budos band which is amazing as well!So yesterday after half an hour in the line I got to see them perform. And WOW...This woman is REAL as it gets on stage. The place was packed and struttin!After she went off stage she returned just to bust out Its a mans world. Oh, and I also grabbed this, since there were no budos bands copies available and I also have my 100 days, 100 nights.They are still on Tour and I think they will be in Canada after finishing the last few european sites. Also the Budos band is special guest on the Canada gigs, so strutters dont miss!Perhaps I can get some videofootage of this. A girl I know was there filming the gig for a local tvstation

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Saw them last tuesday in cologne. unbelievable. although the drum kick sound could have been better, absolutely amazing. Sharon kicks ass and the horn and rhythm section are unbelievable too. Easily one of the best bands in the world right now and absolutely nice people. Sharon forced me out of the audience to dance with her to "my man is a mean man".

side note: I went to see joss stone the day after. not a good idea. no disrespect to stone, she was great, the band was dope, but after a dap kings show, there is no competition. stone's speeches inbetween songs were a bit preachy, about relationships, men & women etc. she threw in some four letter words to make the crowd go "ooh" (tepid) and almost every song ended with delay on her voice. Worst/Best was the crowd. All 40-50 year olds with their emo kids. One ca. 50 year old lady was talking to her man about timbaland next to us. Funny. Javier Colon as support killed it though with an accoustic "use me" cover including foot pedal looping and top notch singing...

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Saw them last year and it was amazing. She killed it.
    They're coming to Mtl on Nov.11th and i'm there. Reminds me, i need to get those tickets.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    That Charles Bradley single is so damn good.

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    Yea, been feelin it.
    Oh, forgot to post the other one...got this too:

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    They sellin' those at the shows?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    San Diego December 1st at the Belly Up. I got my tickets. Anyone else going?

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts
    They sellin' those at the shows?

yea, homie had a box full o' 45s. The budos band section was empty though

• are these shows selling out, i need to get tickets to DC or Cleavland

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    The Indianapolis show is not sold out. For 12 bucks, you can't go wrong.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    funny how mad they burn live yet Gabe has yet to capture that live show heat on wax
    I have the first 2 lps and a gang of 45s and they all great but the live thing is where its at
    and even stranger is the fact that they recording all of ther basics live
    but its just not as fire laden as the live show

just sayin'