Killa Cam is back Nov. 7th!

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1572676/20071024/cam_ron.jhtml?rsspartner=rssColdFusionCam is back from the dead. New mixtape coming out on November 7th and there's a video online that I haven't watched yet. And he has a myspace page for the mixtape. Cam is one of the most entertaining characters in rap in my opinion, like him or not. He makes me laugh at every turn. From bill o'reilly to getting shot in the lambo to the jay-z beef to getting punched by trulife to the 50 beef to 60 minutes to the disappearance to the comeback. It's been a fun year or two for this guy. I just figured the handful of Cam'ron/Dipset fans out there might like to check for this mix in a couple weeks.

Comments

• Two new tracks:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/44483484cc2200/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/44526879275150/

"International money, you know, fly papers. Call the crib red velvet; five layers..."

• Cam is hilarious.

I consider listening to his music to be a guilty pleasure.

Purple Haze is one of favorite rap albums evar.

I will definitely cop his tape.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    that tape will have to be sick as hell or else i don't see much of a future for cam. is there actually anybody besides him and hell rell in the dips right now?

• The Dipset situation is hazy. I'm sure they are still a crew. Duke, Zekey, Hell Rell, Cam, Juelz, Jones, JR, 40 Cal, Bezel, I haven't seen anything where any of these dudes have come out and said "Dipset is over" or "I dropped that crew" so I don't know. Maybe I missed something?

• I consider listening to his music to be a guilty pleasure.

Why? It's not like their music is not worthy. They make pretty pure and simple rap music as far as I'm concerned. Nothing to be embarrassed about liking. I know the purist/elitest/backpacker/mainstream-hating crowd would likely disagree, but fuck that, real rap fans know the deal...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    getting shot in the lambo

It's been a fun year or two for this guy.

• getting shot in the lambo

It's been a fun year or two for this guy.

Haha, of course that was sarcastic, err, something... Getting shot in the lambo and driving off is at least a story to tell that benefits his street cred, no?

• I read some comments from Jim Jones regarding Hell Rell the other day. No major shit talking or anything..but had some subliminal shit thrown in there. I like Cam and co..but Jim made the crew look like a total joke with the whole Rap City/G Unit appearance. WWF.

• Yeah I hear you, Juelz was on stage with 50 n'em too. I can see why Jim is mad. He had records blowin' up and Cam is starting beef with the only dudes in New York that could help Jim get anywhere with his shit. I wouldn't be surprised if Jones left the 'set, but at the same time, he won't sound right next t oany other group of rappers. Maybe he'll go solo, but he doesn't really have the following for that, I dunno. I really liked Hustler's P.O.M.E., that was one of my favorite albums from last year. But I don't know if many other people felt that. As long as Cam is still around, the Diplomats are still around. Members may change, but the thugged out faithful should remain in tact (Rell, 40cal, etc). I heard a mixtape cut recently where Rell said something about "Ain't seen JR around in a minute" sounding like he was sweating him like "what, you ain't down JR?" Writer is probably the most "lyrical" dude in their crew, he has some hot shit and needs to get a decent album put together. WE'll see who all is on Cam's new mixtape, I guess!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

"Cha Ching Cha Ching" is hot dewd, it's been out a while. "Glitter" is completely retarded, I love it.

• Yeah I like that Cha Ching Cha Ching joint, had that for at least 6 months. Cam and Rell, right? I gotta check this Glitter joint. From what I read about it, it sounds like classic Cam flamboyance and ridiculousness.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    this Glitter joint sounds like classic Cam flamboyance and ridiculousness.

That Ching shit is annoying.

• Cam is hilarious.

I consider listening to his music to be a guilty pleasure.

I will definitely cop his tape.

that track on purple haze killa cam with opera steve. killin it. dont forget about opera steve. dont even know what to say about dude.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Cam is hilarious.

not a huge dipset fan at all- but this album is great. Great style and lyrics. I think he and Kanye should team up for a full-length - a chipmunk soul orchestra.

• All I know is that Killa's got some adlibs.

• I've always enjoyed Cam wayyy more than any of the other members of Dipset.

What really FUCKED my head up is when I saw that Hell Rell video for the single off his lp. What the fuck was that bullshit? I know it was ghost written and all..but that shit was awful. Seemed like a bizarre move on his part to say the least...even if he was trying to tap into the southern market. Shit was horrible.

• Hell Rell - "Show Off"

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I've always enjoyed Cam wayyy more than any of the other members of Dipset.

What really FUCKED my head up is when I saw that Hell Rell video for the single off his lp. What the fuck was that bullshit? I know it was ghost written and all..but that shit was awful. Seemed like a bizarre move on his part to say the least...even if he was trying to tap into the southern market. Shit was horrible.

The Hell Rell album that came out recently is actually surprisingly ok.

Also, Purple Haze is a classic IMO. Shame about everything since then.

• About Jim leaving Dipset.