Skull Snaps OG check

beatlustbeatlust 142 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I came upon a skull snaps and would like to hopefuly get some offical word on it being og (or not). The og art is a littel bit paler than the reish.(reish on the left) the og skulls have alot more detail in the illustrations of the skulls and the smaller skeletons are clearer.the spine is different too, different numbering at the bottom (or in this photo right side) reish is missing a few numbers..the thing that seems the most convincing as to its originality is the reissue is a solid piece of cardboard-cover w/ artr printed on both sides (front and back and gatefold all one cardboard), the og has one cardboard piece w/ the art for the front and back BUT the gatefold is a seperate piece of paper pasted on to the gatefold. You can see in the pic how the og art wraps from the back onto the gatefold side and the gatefold art is pasted over.. on the reish its just not so..if its og is it a us press? i googled for a runout etching number but i couldnt find one..peace.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    mine has a permanent circle imprinted on the front cover, but I think this was the later pressing... can anyone confirm this ?? ?

peace.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The whole punch seems like a dead give away that it's a real one.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Sniff it dude!!!

If the smell makes you wanna feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Skullcaps OG Check

• oh shit theyre minty even..

• put it on ebay and see if some one from japan buys it.
    thats the only way i know

• so imma assume its official then?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Do the run-out markings (on the "OG") look etched or stamped?

• check to see if it is wack, if it is wack then you can be sure that it is an og. and although it is wack it is not as wack as the re-press.

• rummyrummy 11 Posts
    Sell it & buy some clean socks

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    it should have RVG in the deadwax.

• the lateral epicondile's posistion to the tibial tuberostiy on the gatefold pic suggests a mild varus deformity, whereas, I believe, the OG has more of a valgus alignment.

it should have RVG in the deadwax.
    Reissue (Value Gelded)

• Do the run-out markings (on the "OG") look etched or stamped?

the gsf looks stamped w/ the a-0101 looking etched.

Do the run-out markings (on the "OG") look etched or stamped?

the gsf looks stamped w/ the a-0101 looking etched.
    Hmmm... the run-out markings on my (og) copy are entirely stamped (GSF S-1011 A).

• i had to go downstairs and take a second look, it Is stamped, gsf - s - 1011A then etched -z-5

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'll PM you my address, let me inspect it for you.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I'll PM you my address, let me inspect it for you.

Yuichi has heard all about this record.

• I'll PM you my address, let me inspect it for you.

nah the reish is mine, the og is for my son.

i had to go downstairs and take a second look, it Is stamped, gsf - s - 1011A then etched -z-5
    As long as it has those stampings, the paste-on inner, a jacket made of brown cardboard, and that 1973 smell, then I think you're good.

• thanks. peace.

• JahBooGieJahBooGie 92 Posts
    Cot dammit guys..give me better information than this. People gots to know how to identify

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    These posts belong on the Breaks forum. Even a paste-on brown cardboard jacket with that beautiful basement odeur will be questioned there wether or not it's a reissue. If you have been in the game for a while you just know.