UFC 77

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Anderson whupped Rich Franklin again (no surprise there), apparently breaking his nose once again. Pound for pound I think Anderson is the best fighter out there right now, always a pleasure to watch. ...and I never want to watch Tim Silva fight again I haven't had a look at the next card but UFC's been pretty wack lately.

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Silva/Franklin

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Silva/Franklin

Nice, I was looking for that.

• that fight was fresh, franklin got his ass kicked bad...

Silva systematically dismantled him. I was pulling for Silva, but I actually felt bad for Rich. Looked like Silva did, too. I think he actually apologized?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    on another note, i hope that dude serra kicks the shit out of hughes...

That's one fight I'm looking forward to, although I'm putting my money on Hughes.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Silva is so fuckin dope.

Hes got the same qualities i love about De La Hoya - they always seem to take the high road and seem like honourable, good dudes.

• Pound for pound I think Anderson is the best fighter out there right now, always a pleasure to watch.

Let's see him take on Paulo Filho and Matt Lindland first. Though I agree that he is always exciting - he possesses everything that I love about MMA.

"straight from Ong Bak"

holy shit.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    why is the mohawk the "do" of choice for so many MMA guys?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

That's the only time I've ever seen that elbow, shit is...

Once this guy get's in his groove, he's pretty untouchable.

Question: Who's he fighting next, any predictions? He needs to move up to light heavyweight stat! I think he weighs 185 so he could easily do it. What's the deal with that anyways, can a fighter hold multiple belts? I'm a little

Anderson vs Rampage would be crazy.

• nah dude should stay at 185.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

That's the only time I've ever seen that elbow, shit is...

Once this guy get's in his groove, he's pretty untouchable.

Question: Who's he fighting next, any predictions? He needs to move up to light heavyweight stat! I think he weighs 185 so he could easily do it. What's the deal with that anyways, can a fighter hold multiple belts? I'm a little

Anderson vs Rampage would be crazy.

Took me a replay or 2 to realize that was an elbow and not a backhand pimpslap. Incredible.

Silva is hands-down the most technical, skillful UFC fighter.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    nah dude should stay at 185.

Why?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    In the post-fight press conference he stated that he has no plans of changing weight class.

• I dont think anyone in the UFC looks as chilled before a fight as Silva and you could really sense that at the end he actually felt bad about whipping Franklin. Silva is just too devasting in the clinch and he is hard to take down. Who is really going to challenge him. But saying that this has been the year of upsets.

Apart from this fight the rest of the card to me was a bit uninspiring maybe the UFC should look at having less tournaments each year but pack them with better matchups and more championship fights.

On another note has anyone been watching Human Weapon I think its on History channel in the US. (I get via torrent) An awesome show though at times the presenters can be a bit annoying.Basically they travel around the world and explore different martial arts and at the end of the show one of the presenters gets to fight.

• "he said he could see my skull!!"

• BashirBashir 25 Posts
    Henderson is still the 185 PRIDE champ, I think he can grind out a less than spectacular win against Silva. Or he could get knocked out. I think those two could actually put together a good trilogy if Hendo wins the first one.

Unrelated to UFC 77, Fedor had a press conference with the new promotion he signed to. He said that a stipulation of his contract is that his promotion has to offer any current UFC heavyweight champ $1 million more than the ufc offers to jump ship and fight Fedor.

I cant get over that elbow.

unfuckingreal, dude looks so relaxed and composed, and he just drops a Frickin' streetfighter 2 move?

damn.

i don't get UFC/MMA over here, its all K1, so this is the first i have heard of Silva.

pretty impressive introduction.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts

Pound for pound I think Anderson is the best fighter out there right now, always a pleasure to watch.

fo reals, thats a huge call what about guys like BJ Penn?

I cant get over that elbow.

unfuckingreal, dude looks so relaxed and composed, and he just drops a Frickin' streetfighter 2 move?

damn.

i don't get UFC/MMA over here, its all K1, so this is the first i have heard of Silva.

pretty impressive introduction.

you can stream it live any where in the world, sheet if we can do it here in Australia you can do it in NZ

• i don't get UFC/MMA over here, its all K1, so this is the first i have heard of Silva.

Many torrent sites (demonoid,isohunt etc)have all UFC fights available a couple of hours after they have finished. I am in OZ and I would be struggling to see the fights without torrents.