Austin Record Show (Party and RSVP related)

djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Everyone here in Texas is more excited than usual because it has been a year since the last Show.I just wanted to invite all the out-of-towners(and in-towners) to a party at my record store Saturday night starting at 10pm. We had the same party last year and it was fun, a good way to congregate, swap, talk shop, etc. Please RSVP if you can, if enough people RSVP I will spring for a keg, otherwise it is BYOB. We will be open extended hours for the convention too, in case you can't make it Saturday night...Thursday 11am - 11pmFriday 2pm - 12amSaturday 11am - 11pmSunday 10am - 6pmAlso, I will have a table at the convention with a Friends of Sound banner, so stop by and say hi.I am happy to answer any questions about the convention, food, directions, or anything else for people that have them. Hope to see as many of you here as possible.DaveFriends of Sound Records1704 South Congress Ave.(in the alley, follow the signs)Austin, TX 78704512-447-1000[email]dave@friendsofsound.com[/email]

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'm dragging the dregs to FoS for the party......can I get a 20 minute turntable slot??

• can I get a 20 minute turntable slot??

BAN.

of course. can I get a 20 minute slot at your party? I actually might have found a hotel record today. Even if I got dogged for playing jesus rap and i'm a little shy about bringing stuff

Aaron was feelin it though.

Give God a hand clap.

can I get a 20 minute turntable slot??

BAN.

of course. can I get a 20 minute slot at your party? I actually might have found a hotel record today. Even if I got dogged for playing jesus rap and i'm a little shy about bringing stuff

Give God a hand clap.

The Jesus rap was cool...it was the Disco that was dicey....and hell yes, you can have a damn hour at Hotel Loopden....right inbetween DJ Hook Arm Amputee Christian Forklift Accident and DJ Everydamnthing Sounds Good If You Smoke The Right Hash.

I am happy to answer any questions about the convention, food, directions, or anything else for people that have them. Hope to see as many of you here as possible.

1) How fast can Doug Hanners little vehicle travel??

2) Is the Bar-B-Q stain on Bob Minor's shirt a new one or the same one from
    last year??

3) Is that good looking MILF that was sitting at the corner of the bar at Guero's gonna be back this year??

4) Should I wear knee pads??

5) How many of the 600 new LP titles I'm bringing have you never seen before??

• 1) How fast can Doug Hanners little vehicle travel??

5.5 mph

2) Is the Bar-B-Q stain on Bob Minor's shirt a new one or the same one from
    last year??

same one

3) Is that good looking MILF that was sitting at the corner of the bar at Guero's gonna be back this year??

what were you doing ogling my wife?

4) Should I wear knee pads??

no, records just appear in your hands.... there is no work involved.

5) How many of the 600 new LP titles I'm bringing have you never seen before??

449, which is why have been and remain my favorite dealer ever.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    can I get a 20 minute turntable slot??

BAN.

Give God a hand clap.

D,

i await my Cd copy of said genius God Rap music. In return I will give you the world.

• can I get a 20 minute turntable slot??

BAN.

Give God a hand clap.

D,

i await my Cd copy of said genius God Rap music. In return I will give you the world.

what was this jesus rap we speak of?

A couple of folks have PM'ed me and asked what kind of LP's I'll be bringing to ARC.

I grabbed the first 24 LP's in the first of 10 crates that are in no order whatsoever.

All LP's will be $8.00 each/3 for $20.00/10 for $50.00

Most(90%) are in great shape but if you see an LP you think is worth $50.00+ it's probably VG at best. (ie. Bobby Patterson is VG-)

The rare stuff will be at the Hotel.....please don't PM and ask to buy any of these, they are all going down to ARC......I try to give folks a reason to come.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I WILL BE THERE IN MY RENTAL CAR
    BUT WILL I NEED A RENTAL TUX?????

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO RESERVE SOME AIRTIME ON THE TURNTABLES
    EVEN IF I DO NOT DRESS FOR THE OCCASION.

• I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO RESERVE SOME AIRTIME ON THE TURNTABLES

• BUT WILL I NEED A RENTAL TUX?????

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

• Hi Dave!Can't wait for the party.Last one was a blast.Getting my trades and amputee records together as we speak.God I hope that milf is back at guerros.

• It's too hot in TX and too many slaughterhouses sorry

It's too hot in TX and too many slaughterhouses sorry

In the 50's here tonight......and most of the slaughterhouses are in K.C.......we just raise 'em, cook 'em and eat 'em..

• It's too hot in TX and too many slaughterhouses sorry

YOU SOUND SCURRED. THIS STATE IS PROBABLY NOT FOR YOUR DELICATE EAST COAST SELF.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    two mentions of the milf.
    it sounds like i missed a good show last year.

• it's happening. any votes on what kind of beer?

• it's happening. any votes on what kind of beer?

get some local Live Oak brew...if its not too expensive.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    GO LOCAL!

Fireman's #4 Blonde Ale - Real Ale Brewing Company

D*ve

You wanna play in Houston on Saturday November 3rd?

Holler at me with the quickness!

• you know you gotta catch me on the phone.

i'll call in a sec. the pre-ARC german store owner goldrush has begun.

• you know you gotta catch me on the phone.

i'll call in a sec. the pre-ARC german store owner goldrush has begun.

CHA-CHING!!!!!!!

• Two dudes, one tall and nice the other short and ornery?

They were here last weekend. Frickin' annoying getting haggled for discounts by dudes who spend euros though.

They were here last weekend. Frickin' annoying getting haggled for discounts by dudes who spend euros though.

The tall dude has frizzy hair, right?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    bottles of rum and a pirate theme, please.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO RESERVE SOME AIRTIME ON THE TURNTABLES

Nice 'do rag...

Here's what's going down Friday night. This will be the third year in a row we do this ARC weekend!

+++THIS FRIDAY NITE!!!+++

WAXPLOITATION! DJs present

***A HALLOWEEN SOUL HAPPENING***
    ???Halloween in NEW ORLEANS!???
    COSTUME CONTEST
    with celebrity judge THE KING OF 6TH ST: Gerry Van King!!!

5 DJs spinning the rarest, heaviest Soul, Funk & Boogaloo ALL NITE LONG!

Friday, October 26, 9:30 p.m. until ???
    @ VICTORY GRILL (1104 E. 11th Street???across from Longbranch Inn)
    door: $5
    Ice cold beer & set-ups available all nite long!

WAXPLOITATION! DJs dig waaay back in the back of the CRYPT to exhume the RAREST HEAVIEST SOUL GROOVES for your GET DOWN pleasure!

Little Danny, Greg Most, Dr. Rhythm, Pointman and Second Line Social get it together to bring you the ORIGINAL SUPERFUNKY SOUNDS! This Halloween we???ll channel the RHYTHM OF NEW ORLEANS for a STONE SOUL S??ANCE to wake the dead with a set of strictly CRESCENT CITY GROOVES at midnite!

Wear your most fearsome and freakish costumermy. Prizes given for the best and FREAKIEST costumes! ***CELEBRITY COSTUME CONTEST JUDGE GERRY VAN KING aka THE KING OF 6TH STREET!!!***

CROSS OVER for the BADDEST SOUL PARTY in this life or the next at the Historic Victory Grill!!!

++Special thanks to Friends of Sound Record Shop++
    photo of Gerry Van King by John Carrico

Sure. I might call it "curly", but whatever.

Oddly, when I asked if they had a shop they said no. I knew the time, but still, the whole scheme of "poor jazz collector who can't afford this $700 stack of LPs" they pulled was pretty wack.

Sure. I might call it "curly", but whatever.

Oddly, when I asked if they had a shop they said no. I knew the time, but still, the whole scheme of "poor jazz collector who can't afford this $700 stack of LPs" they pulled was pretty wack.

Most omnipresent dudes at ARC. 50% chance they're gonna be digging in a bin I need to be in.