GRAHAM CENTRAL STATION

soulbrono1soulbrono1 205 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Does anybody ride for their material? Any "I support the entire catalogue" folks in here?I know Larry Graham is highly regarded and well respected when it comes to bass, but does ayone really love their records?I picked up most of them, if not all, early on in my digging as they are relatively common, but only the classic break beat track "The Jam" got any of my attention. I've since let go some of their albums.I did find a 12" of theirs a couple of years ago of a track called "Entro" I believe, which really just sounds like a live version of the "The Jam" that was played a lot faster...both breaks and everything. Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Does anybody ride for their material? Any "I support the entire catalogue" folks in here?
    I know Larry Graham is highly regarded and well respected when it comes to bass, but does ayone really love their records?
    I picked up most of them, if not all, early on in my digging as they are relatively common, but only the classic break beat track "The Jam" got any of my attention. I've since let go some of their albums.

I ride for all their shit - to the fullest.

Earthquake is MY SHIT!!!!!!!!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I have two of their LP's, the self-titled debut (which is killer) and Ain't No Bout-A-Doubt It which is kinda sketchy, but I approve of them in general.

Other random GCS faves:
    - "Happ-E-2-C-U-A-Ginn" (an acapella track where they out-Persuasion the Persuasions!)
    - "My Radio Sounds Good To Me" (Grams & co. go doo-wop..."radi-ah-oh-wa-oh-wa-oh, radi-ah-oh-wa-oh!")

• "Release yourself" is my favorite album by GCS.

- "My Radio Sounds Good To Me" (Grams & co. go doo-wop..."radi-ah-oh-wa-oh-wa-oh, radi-ah-oh-wa-oh!")

The debut album is incredible FUNK.

• I have one of their LP's, the self-titled debut

Every INTRO on all the LPs are HEAT.

• Every INTRO on all the LPs are HEAT.

Intro to Is it love is my ringone.
    I ride for GCS

• I need to revisit then...my ears have grown a lot since first getting these records.

Intro to Is it love is my ringone.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yea, even the later disco like LP's had there moments.

Realse Yourself is a great song.

Earthquake

One of the not-so-funk LP's had a song "Stomped, Beat Up And Wooped" that was great just for the lyrics.