Expensive Jeans - Yay or Nay? - NRR

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I am probably one of the last people who likes clothes who hasn't spent over $100 on jeans, but yesterday I tried on a really good pair that are $225 and am seriously considering buying them. That's four or five really good hard records right there.$200 jeans seem ridiculous to me, but man, do they feel and look like $200 jeans. Am I insane/stupid to do it?

Comments

• if you do it the terrorists win.

seriously don't do it.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I am probably one of the last people who likes clothes who hasn't spent over $100 on jeans, but yesterday I tried on a really good pair that are $225 and am seriously considering buying them. That's four or five really good hard records right there.
    $200 jeans seem ridiculous to me, but man, do they feel and look like $200 jeans. Am I insane/stupid to do it?

Do it. You only live once & people need to spoil themselves sometimes.

• Do it. You only live once & people need to spoil themselves sometimes.

Agreed, if its not going to make you broke go for it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Am I insane/stupid to do it?
    Not at all.
    Unless you can afford it, I wouldn't suggest
    doing this on a regular basis.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Buy any jeans necessary.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    NAY

I also feel the same way about sneakers, yeah that just happened.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Good Lord.........I could NEVER imagine $225.00 on a pair of jeans, even IF I had the money.

I guess I'm just cheap like that. If you feel you won't have buyers remorse, have at it.

• If the jeans make your man a) want to touch your ass, or b) rip the jeans off you, you'll be glad you spent the $200.

- DJ "I don't care if my good advice sounds sexist if it makes a fellow strutter happy" Marco

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Am I insane/stupid to do it?

not at all.

i love finding me some good cheap jeans, but usually the one's i cut for tend to be pricey. i'm sure living in nyc doesn't help, but i have spent plenty of money on some expensive jeans.

that being said, i tend to where my Levi's more than i do my APC or Rogan shit.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    $50 GAP jeans are expense to me. Bought 3 of them recently. Used to buy Old Navy jeans which are horrible and wear out within months. They're dirt cheap though.

My girlfriend and I got hip to the Nordstroms return policy which is moreorless an unlimited return policy so if you have some cash to throw around you can buy some nice clothes, wear them as long as you want and return them when you need the cash.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I would never do it...Hell I get bummed if Gap jeans aren't on sale....The only thing I ever seem to get at old navy are jeans...I'm cheap though.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Do you really believe that you are one of the last people who likes clothes that hasn't spent $100+ on jeans?? It's a big world out there, full of sensible clothes lovers and appreciators.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Buy any jeans necessary.
    Yup.

• Buy any jeans necessary.

See, now this was both funny and appropriate.

Mad extra points if you post a pic of yourself in Malcolm/KRS-esque pose rocking some Jordache and a SuperSoaker.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    If the jeans make your man a) want to touch your ass, or b) rip the jeans off you, you'll be glad you spent the $200.

though i fully support this, its seems kind of silly to buy something that inspires people to want you to take it off. but hey, i bought my ex $225 (canadian) jeans for this same reason. and a better trip to canada i have never had....

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Do it. Really well made jeans are definitely worth the cash. But only if they are actually good jeans, stuff like 7 For All Mankind doesn't count.

• im more curious as to why they cost so much. cuz anyone that says its cuz of theyre quality is full of shit cuz i have some fancy pants and they dont even last as long as old navy jeans. and old navy makes some bullshit. it did however pay off to wear fancy pants in LA as there are a lot more people here that will look at labels and stuffs.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    If the jeans make your man a) want to touch your ass, or b) rip the jeans off you, you'll be glad you spent the $200.

though i fully support this, its seems kind of silly to buy something that inspires people to want you to take it off.

You, sir, are clearly not a baller.

• fancy pants

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Those $100 jeans are probably made by some third world slave labor.

So can I assume the $225 jeans are made by some out of work NYC Lawyers??

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

though i fully support this, its seems kind of silly to buy something that inspires people to want you to take it off.

You, sir, are clearly not a baller.

nope, not even with colorful canadian currency

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Do you really believe that you are one of the last people who likes clothes that hasn't spent $100+ on jeans?? It's a big world out there, full of sensible clothes lovers and appreciators.

No I really don't...this is the second time in the paast 10min on the Board I was being light and I have been taken literally - what am I doing wrong here?

• all my jeans are from old navy
    i like them because they fit right, there are no logos, and theyre cheap enough that if i fuck them up it isnt that big of a deal.

i do think that girls are a whole nother story. i mean just look at the price of women's shoes!
    if a woman wants to buy a pair or 200 dollar jeans i say go for it, its probably cheaper than a lot of other sh!t in your closet

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    No I really don't...this is the second time in the paast 10min on the Board I was being light and I have been taken literally - what am I doing wrong here?

I noticed this too. Pretty funny. Tha 'Strut feels kinda throwback today. Bassie's posting, Shig chimes in, a B-Cause mix. I'm liking it!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    all my jeans are from old navy
    i like them because they fit right, there are no logos, and theyre cheap enough that if i fuck them up it isnt that big of a deal.

i do think that girls are a whole nother story. i mean just look at the price of women's shoes!
    if a woman wants to buy a pair or 200 dollar jeans i say go for it, its probably cheaper than a lot of other sh!t in your closet

A***s**h, I think you're just asking in the wrong place. If you see something you like and have the money to afford it, go for it. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

CO FREAKING SIGN

I remember about having a heart attack when my ex-wife told me she wanted a $500 coach purse to go along with her 15 other purses.

I gave her the

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    i say check Century 21, or Loehmanns first, cause those joints might be turning up there at a fraction of the cost. I regularly indulge in expensive clothing, I just don't pay much for it.

• I like this! for the record I believe I was the first to call for a graemlin abuse gramelin. we need tighter enforcement in here!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    A,

You should have a talk with H*l*n. She's been jean crazy and is going thru all this at the same time.

She's hit up Ebay and getting $250 jeans for around a bill.

Lets do dinner. You guys can jean talk and I'll eat both ur foodies.