Chicago - 10/20 Record show ROLL CALL

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
So I'll be in the windy city that weekend. any chance of getting on some 1's & 2's??? meatyorge's gonna be in the building at the record show saturday - who else will be???holla!G

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'll be in Chicago that weekend. lets link up, G******.

ps. I just lost all my phone numbers, so text it to me if you would.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    This show is generally heavy on the 45 dealin. There should be plenty of 12"s and LP's to go around though, too.

There might even be a show the next day, I have to get the dates. Anyone know when Alsip and Hillside are this month?

• you've been texted. you gonna be there dolo or is your girl coming with??? My girl's rolling with me. you spinning???

• This show is generally heavy on the 45 dealin. There should be plenty of 12"s and LP's to go around though, too.

DOPE! I caught a for me in Columbus last weekend - Duralcha!!!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    you've been texted. you gonna be there dolo or is your girl coming with??? My girl's rolling with me. you spinning???
    Apparently you didnt see my sensational "my girl gotta girlfriend" thread a few months back.

I'm playing 3 nights in Chi with the homee Trew. I'll get at u w/ details.

• Apparently you didnt see my sensational "my girl gotta girlfriend" thread a few months back.

I'm playing 3 nights in Chi with the homee Trew. I'll get at u w/ details.

my bad - sorry to hear about that.

holla at me about your nights - and if there's a way to jump on and spin a coupla jawns......

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Ah, yes, the Summit show. I don't think I've been in about a year, so I'm due - I'll be there, I've found good stuff there without fail.

This show is generally heavy on the 45 dealin. There should be plenty of 12"s and LP's to go around though, too.

It's funny how if you're an African-American male of a certain age at these record shows, dealers automatically assume you're looking for old disco 12-inchers...it's happened to me more than once!

You out of town guys are welcome to come to my home of records that day as well, if I don't have to work. Delay - You should roll with Georges to the shop I work at as well. If you got mix CDs you want to sell to the shop, bring em thru.

The Alsip show is the day after. As we all know, this show blows major ASS

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    where is this show???

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    where is this show???

i might need to get the night off for this. Let me in the know.

The Summit show is a few blocks north of 63rd, on Harlem Ave. Usually starts around 8. I don't know the address of the Alsip show, but its gonna blow ass anyway, and I ain't goin.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    The Summit show is a few blocks north of 63rd, on Harlem Ave. Usually starts around 8. I don't know the address of the Alsip show, but its gonna blow ass anyway, and I ain't goin.

really? explainnnnnn....im taking a train up there at 6 in the morning. Thats too early for something to blow ass.

don't bother with the Alsip show. Seriously.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    word. Well, maybe I'll see you fools at the Summit show. Delay, are you playing with trew that saturday as well??

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    word. Well, maybe I'll see you fools at the Summit show. Delay, are you playing with trew that saturday as well??
    nevermind....

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    we're doing subterranean on sunday, which should be the best leg of the week. come see us.

as far as the other nights go, the schedule is still iffy. i'll post it in announcements.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    is the saturday summit show very good ?
    american legion hall ?

looks like the sunday aslip show is this weekend
    (& it sucks ?)

i was gonna be in southern IL on saturday, maybe i should head north,
    anyone know the score with the promoters ?

• CJ - if you come, bring some Southeast !!!!

is the saturday summit show very good ?
    american legion hall ?

if a record convention is mostly staffed by old doo-wop guys, then its GOT to be good

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Good ole Scummitt. I'll definitely make it out to that show.

The one in Alsip -- isn't it usually at the Double Tree hotel on 127th Street just west of Cicero, right off of I-294???

• Good ole Scummitt. I'll definitely make it out to that show.

it would be very dope put a face to some of you interweb folls!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Like i said in a previous post, ill be in Chi from the 14th to the 24th, so i can be down. Cicero is out of question for me tho'. My 4 month-old won't take it, and wifey too...lol. But the Summit sounds nice. If i'm not wrong, 63rd means Southside, almost West??? Since i'm staying at North Av (near Orchard), i just want to anticipate the road trip a bit.

PS : Trew, that Subteranean thing, i think it's not far from my home...I'm near Marcello, Old Navy. I think it's walking distance, but i'm not sure. Can you confirm me that?? I'll be happy to come.

Good ole Scummitt. I'll definitely make it out to that show.

it would be very dope put a face to some of you interweb folls!

I think that American Legion hall has a bar (don't they all). I'd be happy to buy anyone from Soulstrut a cold one or, if this cold weather keeps up out here, a stiff one.

Like i said in a previous post, ill be in Chi from the 14th to the 24th, so i can be down. Cicero is out of question for me tho'. My 4 month-old won't take it, and wifey too...lol. But the Summit sounds nice. If i'm not wrong, 63rd means Southside, almost West??? Since i'm staying at North Av (near Orchard), i just want to anticipate the road trip a bit.

Yeah, Harlem Avenue is west of the city. The spot is not too far off I-55.

I'll be setting up a table at Scummit.

• we're doing subterranean on sunday, which should be the best leg of the week. come see us.

as far as the other nights go, the schedule is still iffy. i'll post it in announcements.

word! i have mondays off now, so i'll be up there. i also live right up the block, so if u need to holler at anything, i got you.

i'm spinning at lava lounge on saturday night (oct 20) so anyone that wants to hear funk and soul 45s come through. there are 2 or 3 other dj's playing, so i'll probably be on from like 11:00-12:00.

we're doing subterranean on sunday, which should be the best leg of the week. come see us.

word! i have mondays off now, so i'll be up there. i also live right up the block, so if u need to holler at anything, i got you.

i'm spinning at lava lounge on saturday night (oct 20) so anyone that wants to hear funk and soul 45s come through. there are 2 or 3 other dj's playing, so i'll probably be on from like 11:00-12:00.

and ill be spinning funk & soul 45's w/john ciba at the hideout (1354 w. wabansia) on saturday the 13th from roughly midnight to three, so if any of you are around, hope to see you there

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    damn, too many choices!!

• PS : Trew, that Subteranean thing, i think it's not far from my home...I'm near Marcello, Old Navy. I think it's walking distance, but i'm not sure. Can you confirm me that?? I'll be happy to come.

not too far from there, but far enough to where you will prolly want to cab or drive. google maps