US Dollar depreciation appreciation thread

13»

Comments

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    Enjoy it while it lasts from the consumer whore perspective I say. We're looking at what I consider to be the first significant first world regime change since 911, first Tony Blair went, BabyBush is going and Howard is too shitscared to call an election cos he knows his time is up. So it's gonna be interesting to see how the rest of the world responds. I believe the US simply blew too much scrilla blowing up shit in the middle east and the rest of the world has moved on. Brazil, China, India and Russia are the new big growth economies, particularly china and india. Australia has been riding high on the mineral resource and energy boom and due to Asian economic ties that were initially set up by Keating, we're looking pretty sweet if the US economy slows down. I've been tempted to buy into some US blue chip stocks while the buying is good but I just don't have the spare loot atm. All this economic growth isn't necessarily a good thing. Real estate has gone ballistic, in ten years median house prices in Bris have gone from $150,000 to $400,000 with a predicted further 40% increase in the next 3 years, so unless I can buy a house from the US on ebay and get it shipped over here the exchange rate aint doing a damn thing for me. It all runs in cycles anyway...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

USA!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I thought that this was a thread about our shitty new $5 bills. Seriously: the US Bureau of Engraving is a national nightmare. Just embarassing. BOOOOOOOOOO.

Most money is treated like a poster for the ideals and craftwork of the country it represents. I've seen foreign paper money collections that are comprised of pages and pages of beautiful designs. Many impoverished nations who cannot afford much else at least have mind-blowing art on their currency. Our money looks exactly like the worst aspects of the USA, really - cut corners and a gussied up past with a resultant, vomitious mass of jingoism.

• We have plastic money is OZ it will survive the washing machine and the surf. Rep your banknotes

It about time they ditched the queen

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    It about time they ditched the queen

But if they did that you wouldn't be able to fold it across her face just below the lip and ear and see a whale sucking on a penis.

• But if they did that you wouldn't be able to fold it across her face just below the lip and ear and see a whale sucking on a penis.

to save me from trying to work out how to fold it exactly can you upload a pic

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    you can pretty much see it on the pic you posted. press your thumb against the monitor and block out the face, lips and ear, voila, a penis with tuft of pubic hair being fellated by a strange looking whale with teeth. That and it's made of plastic. creepy.

• Cool you are a man of great sophistication.