Whats Your Alltime Favorite Song???????

2»

Comments

• also, I think the title of this thread should be changed as many people are naming instrumentals, which technically are compositions...a song has vocal parts and it has been defined as "poetry set to music", so the jazz tunes and movie themes arent really "songs" (I suppose wordless vocals qualify it as a song, I dont know though, thats a tough one)...
    just semantics, I know.

..so it should be "whats your all time favorite piece of music"?

carry on

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    only one?

this week it's "Billy Jack".

• Impossible question to answer...

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Impossible question to answer...

just one is not realistic. however, the song that instantly popped in my head that i've loved since a kid and always gives me that weird 1976, small town wisconsin feeling....

"let em in" by paul mccartney and wings

• Probably Zappa's "Watermelon in Easter Hay." It just about the only piece of music that can affect me the same now as it did when I was 16, and that's something pretty special.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Impossible question to answer...

Welkshake

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Billy Joel "My Life"

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    it's not that hard. just pick one. and also, i would say that words and lyrics arent essential parts of a song

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    Possibly "I'm Your Puppet" as multiple versions of this song are capable of giving me chills, and work for me whether I'm in a good or bad mood.

• it's not that hard. just pick one. and also, i would say that words and lyrics arent essential parts of a song

well then...who cares what dictionaries and music scholars say, says they're wrong!

if there isnt singing, it isnt a song, its a piece or composition..yes, semantics, but that is what helps communication along, you know?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills

This might be a surprise, but nothing gets me more pumped up than this song. The DJ played it at the last wedding I was at and I almost killed 8 people on the way to the dancefloor

• it's not that hard. just pick one. and also, i would say that words and lyrics arent essential parts of a song

well then...who cares what dictionaries and music scholars say, says they're wrong!

if there isnt singing, it isnt a song, its a piece or composition..yes, semantics, but that is what helps communication along, you know?

bump

i was thinking about this... I understand where you're coming from, but it seems that we should be able to at least stretch this definition to include pieces of music with a song structure that don't necessarily have words.

for example, take something like... "Confirmation" by Charlie Parker: doesn't have words, but it seems to weird to argue that it's not a "song"

I guess the point is, the dictionary definition of song you're pointing to may be, at the very least, outdated for this particular context.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    nick straker band - a little bit of jazz

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    James Brown-Get Up, Get Into It, Get Involved

• ??guas de mar??o - elis and tom

• ??guas de mar??o - tom

wow, good call- that one's up there for me too...

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

especially right now...but it's always changing.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    sarah vaughan - lovers concerto

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Curtis, "The Makings of You" the live version

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Shania Twain - "From this moment on"

You are driving your SUV with your wife on the passenger seat, your kids strapped in the back, this song comes up on the radio and you suddenly realize it's your all time favorite.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You are driving your SUV with your wife on the passenger seat, your kids strapped in the back, this song comes up on the radio and you suddenly realize it's your all time favorite.

Are you living my life?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Are you living my life?

I make cliches happen on a daily basis