goin through and organizing the rekkids

Comments

• Mr.know.it.all.you.cant.never.fade.me.son!

I think you mean, "Take that shit to Mr.know.it.all.you.cant.never.fade.me.son.com!"

But I disagree on the "there ain't no such thing as balling on a budget" point. I work at a non-profit, so my entire financial situation is based upon that premise. Anyone know of any non-profit/charitable organizations that pay six figures?

NYSE

or become a fund raiser. Helps if you look good in a cocktail dress.

Working for non-profit is great, but like you said it def don't bring in the big dollars. We do a lot of work here for "save the children" they're always placing orders with us for large cut to size Acrylic. I'm just saying imo a baller is not considering $50 to be anywhere near the realm of a raer piece.

And to TheHookUp, finding a record for $1 and reselling for $1,000 also does not qualify as potential baller status either.

I never claimed "baller" status, im a little dude, but I have some records that one would consider baller, you see I was tlaking about records...you seem to imply you live in this world where what you own defines what you are...
    plaese to find me where I claimed I was a "baller", Im just a guy who likes records, who buys them, sells them, , listens to them, occaisionly gets paid to play them...thats all..you were the one who came in here and made judgements about folks you dont even know.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Mr.know.it.all.you.cant.never.fade.me.son!

I think you mean, "Take that shit to Mr.know.it.all.you.cant.never.fade.me.son.com!"

But I disagree on the "there ain't no such thing as balling on a budget" point. I work at a non-profit, so my entire financial situation is based upon that premise. Anyone know of any non-profit/charitable organizations that pay six figures?

NYSE

Working for non-profit is great, but like you said it def don't bring in the big dollars. We do a lot of work here for "save the children" they're always placing orders with us for large cut to size Acrylic. I'm just saying imo a baller is not considering $50 to be anywhere near the realm of a raer piece.

And to TheHookUp, finding a record for $1 and reselling for $1,000 also does not qualify as potential baller status either.

such language from Ballers & Non Ballers on here makes me love Waxidermy even more!!!

• or become a fund raiser. Helps if you look good in a cocktail dress.

I do work in fundraising (we call it Foundation Development). I look pretty damn good in a suit, too, although I'm probably too hirsute to rock a cocktail dress.

But back to the lesson at hand???if flipping a $1 purchase into a $1000 sale ain't ballin', what is?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

=

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Mr.know.it.all.you.cant.never.fade.me.son!

NYSE

such language from Ballers & Non Ballers on here makes me love Waxidermy even more!!!

Right? That "save the children" shit was beyond the pale.

Ballers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    violent kala shit

thanx

i agree with Obscure addict
    too many punk ass non balling opinionated wussy ass twats on this board ,actng like they know it all and ready to jump on you for anything...like a bunch of sissy ass little bitches who need a costco size extra large can of ass whopping opened up heaped upon them

keyboard bravado at its finest

don't do this
    don't say that
    don't post like that
    fuck all of you

bunch of whiney ass cunts
    being cloned is cool but after awhile it gets waaaaay old

obscure addict has posted more rare heat in the week he has been back then all of faux fake's entire soul strut career not to mention 99% of the cunts in this very thread

always bitching,quick with supposed "come backs" and cute lil jpgs BUT never ever providing substance or anything memorable or of lasting value

ROCK ON WITH YOUR STUCK UPSELVES ......DOUCHETARDS

violent kala shit

thanx

i agree with Obscure addict
    too many punk ass non balling opinionated wussy ass twats on this board ,actng like they know it all and ready to jump on you for anything...like a bunch of sissy ass little bitches who need a costco size extra large can of ass whopping opened up heaped upon them

keyboard bravado at its finest

don't do this
    don't say that
    don't post like that
    fuck all of you

bunch of whiney ass cunts
    being cloned is cool but after awhile it gets waaaaay old

obscure addict has posted more rare heat in the week he has been back then all of faux fake's entire soul strut career not to mention 99% of the cunts in this very thread

always bitching,quick with supposed "come backs" and cute lil jpgs BUT never ever providing substance or anything memorable or of lasting value

ROCK ON WITH YOUR STUCK UPSELVES ......DOUCHETARDS

agreed

• Also gonna put the baller LPs ($75 and up) in a flight case and the baller 45s($50 and up)

You called them baller lps and baller 45s.. what you meant was MEDIOCRE RAER!

and kala.. sometimes the only thing people understand is violence.. I'm not violent, but i'd glady knock a few of these glassjaws loose.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm not violent, but i'd glady knock a few of these glassjaws loose.

But you won't.

• Also gonna put the baller LPs ($75 and up) in a flight case and the baller 45s($50 and up)

and kala.. sometimes the only thing people understand is violence.. I'm not violent, but i'd glady knock a few of these glassjaws loose.

shut the fuck up dude, you aint doing nothin', now get back to the assembly line Norma Rae...

shut the fuck up dude, you aint doing nothin', now get back to the assembly line Norma Rae...

You sound like some 53 year old punkass who needs a cunt plug. You and rockadelic both a couple of ragged out pussies. Get back to organizing your $50 mediocre raer that nobody cares about.

not to mention 99% of the cunts in this very thread

I am honored to be considered in the top 1%.

On a related, yet completely unrelated note, you'll be happy to know that that old footage you inquired about when I first joined the board is making it's way to light, eventually. I pitched the idea to the Director of Development, and she's excited about it. The prospect of being able to make some cash off our old "Say Brother" and other soul footage has gotten the ball rolling get the tapes digitized and to DVD.

Now, back to the internet threats!

You sound like some 53 year old punkass who needs a cunt plug. You and rockadelic both a couple of ragged out pussies. Get back to organizing your $50 mediocre raer that nobody cares about.

dude you are hilarious...

• not to mention 99% of the cunts in this very thread

On a related, yet completely unrelated note, you'll be happy to know that that old footage you inquired about when I first joined the board is making it's way to light, eventually. I pitched the idea to the Director of Development, and she's excited about it. The prospect of being able to make some cash off our old "Say Brother" and other soul footage has gotten the ball rolling get the tapes digitized and to DVD.

Actually... Great_Blue_Hills.. you are a stand up guy. You always talk about redsox/yankees rival shit in such a good manner. Props to you bro for keeping your head above the water. As for The_Hook_Up like the holland dozier lyrics said come see about me... beeeeeeeeeeeeeyoottcch!!

Actually... Great_Blue_Hills.. you are a stand up guy. You always talk about redsox/yankees rival shit in such a good manner. Props to you bro for keeping your head above the water. As for The_Hook_Up like the holland dozier lyrics said come see about me... beeeeeeeeeeeeeyoottcch!!

p.s. i'm glad you realized you have NO baller lps or 45s, but make sure you organize those mediocre raer nice and neat in that one box.

Actually... Great_Blue_Hills.. you are a stand up guy. You always talk about redsox/yankees rival shit in such a good manner. Props to you bro for keeping your head above the water.

Thanks for the kind words, holmes. For the record, I like most folks around here, including those that seem to hate each other, like Obscure_Addict and SoulOnIce, and Kala and Crink.

Except for those who don't like me. May they suffer endlessly in the darkest pit of hell, forever mauled by rabid dogs with tentanus needles for teeth while their skin is slowly flayed from their flesh by razor-sharp blades made of salt dipped in battery acid.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Considering you have shit like Ramp/Animated Egg/Crazy People/Affinity in your avatar, I'd be genuinely curious to know what you consider rare records.

• dark0dark0 61 Posts
    I drop $500 on a record and sell it for $5!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    back to the topic...

I just had an all too real seeming nightmare in which my house caught on fire and I lost all my possesions. My records were the biggest loss. It was a relief to wake up and realize that it was just a dream. Right now I have my records split between my house and my folks place. The records I tend to llisten to are all over my spot and I eventually plan to sell off the majority of things I've left with them.

A flight case in case of flight seems like a smart idea. It's also smart to keep your collection trim. Too much is not really doing anyone any good unless you plan to open up a music library or something. right nw I'm gunning for a collection of around 1,500 or less. which means I need to trim about 3,000 lp's away.

I'm trying not to think too much about the records I pull cause in doing so I'll probably find a reason to keep 'em all. My hopes are to rid the excess and buy myself a new car with the profits. I figure a civic hybrid will mean much more to me than any Boz Scaggs record ever did.

• Boz Scaggs record

civic hybrid

Not a baller.

• Considering you have shit like Ramp/Animated Egg/Crazy People/Affinity in your avatar, I'd be genuinely curious to know what you consider rare records.

Truely rare records that i am looking for include and are not limited to.. many many many many acetate records which we're never actually released.

I'm mostly buying strictly 45 only jawns these days. Be it rock/soul/funk/blues whatever. I've gotta deal with the fact i'll never get a majority of them, most likely gonna end up finding a copy of brother williams cold sweat instead of a damn near impossible to find acetate of coletta woodson. It is what it is..

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Not since the peanut butter cup have we seen such a powerful alliance as that of kala + obscure_addict.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Obscure addict's desire for the truly raer has gotten me to wonder who won this and why haven't they worked with the publishing rights people of James Brown and the JB's to put this out:

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4025363131

The people got a right to hear it!

PS 85% of the opinions expressed in this thread is bullshit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Not since the peanut butter cup have we seen such a powerful alliance as that of kala + obscure_addict.

It hardly seems fair.

• Obscure addict's desire for the truly raer has gotten me to wonder who won this and why haven't they worked with the publishing rights people of James Brown and the JB's to put this out:

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4025363131

The people got a right to hear it!

my ears would like to hear...

far as faux_rillz and all you other know-it-all bitchs go you can eatadicup just like j-zone said.

p.s. i'm glad you realized you have NO baller lps or 45s, but make sure you organize those mediocre raer nice and neat in that one box.

I did not say that...you cant read too well can you? Now I will wait until you go back out to the assembly line and come back with another one of your zingers...

Also, I must check into these, what did you call them, acetates? and you said they were never released? Wow, thanks for the knowledge drop douchetard. You and your little dickriders in this thread can go back to overpaying for raer terds on ebay, threatening and judging people, I aint stoppin you.

Smooches,
    E

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Their presence looms large over the forum, not unlike a giant blurry picture of Fats Theus Blackout.

Man, this thread was about organizing records, we got a damn war going on here.
    Sorry but

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out if there was someone on here who actually sorts their records on their shelves by monetary value.

• [obscure_addict_and_his_dickriders]I wouldn't be surprised to find out if there was someone on here who actually grades the artistic quality of their records by monetary value.[obscure_addict_and_his_dickriders]