Evar lose a record in your collection?

2»

Comments

• What always use to f--- me up is when I'd be looking for a certain 12"--"I know it's in a black promo sleeve"--forever, only to find it in a white promo sleeve. I've done that so many times....

• ive got a evil brain, that suddently fixates on a certain record - like "OH YEAH, that one! i cant forget to grab that and listen to it, etc" and then THAT record is the one thats NOT where it should be. never fails! i outsmart myself. Im always cursing myself - like, pacing around, "ok, what would i have done with it?"

now, i have about 30,000 records, and most are in A-Z by artist. so if somethings misfiled.... disaster!

BIG problems have come up in the past from adding a new shelving unit, then incorrectly shifting things down - skipping a row etc by accident. nightmare.

ALSO, problems from changing my mind over stuff like "Dr." - going under "DR.." vs "DOCTOR.." ...ive found the same record in 3 different spots, not realizing i owned 3 of it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    ive got a evil brain, that suddently fixates on a certain record - like "OH YEAH, that one! i cant forget to grab that and listen to it, etc" and then THAT record is the one thats NOT where it should be. never fails! i outsmart myself. Im always cursing myself - like, pacing around, "ok, what would i have done with it?"

now, i have about 30,000 records, and most are in A-Z by artist. so if somethings misfiled.... disaster!

BIG problems have come up in the past from adding a new shelving unit, then incorrectly shifting things down - skipping a row etc by accident. nightmare.

ALSO, problems from changing my mind over stuff like "Dr." - going under "DR.." vs "DOCTOR.." ...ive found the same record in 3 different spots, not realizing i owned 3 of it.

HAHAHAHAHA

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That's why I don't file. It just makes it more annoying when
    something isn't there. I just go by genre and flip. I usually have
    an idea of where every record is, anyway.

• Happens to everyone now and then I guess...

I remember a particulary embaressing moment with a jazzfunk record I suddenly wanted to listen to...

Now where could it be???
    I start flicking though the Jazzfunk and Fusion cubes of my expedit...nothing!!!! Okay check Dj-bag...nothing...

Then I tried to convince myself that if I'd just forget about it for now I'll probably stumble over it that week. I cant get it out of my head and call a friends place I often visit with some LPs under my arm...

I was just about to ask him to check his current listening pile for my record when I look on my wall and discover I had taken the record out of the cover and put the cover on the wall and put the record in my "currently on the wall" stash D'OOOOOOOHHHH!!!!

"...ummm nevermind, K*n. The problem just solved itsself"

• Had a handful of records disappear over the years.
    Most are records that I bought and didn???t really like, but I still cant fathom where they gone.
    And I know I left some around some chicks house years ago, as I never wanted to see her again the records got left there. She probably sold them and bought some dope within a week of me leaving them there anyway. I know there was an Inspiral Carpets record amoungst them that???s was worth some loot.

• ALSO, problems from changing my mind over stuff like "Dr." - going under "DR.." vs "DOCTOR.." ...ive found the same record in 3 different spots, not realizing i owned 3 of it.

True indeed - I recently found out I have two copies of In Harmony!

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Master Ace Born to Roll 12" has been lost for 2+ years. But I haven't given up. I'm confident it's in the expedit. It'll turn up.

Just recently found my OG Style LP. That made me happy.

Spotieottidopahoweveryouspellicious was missing for a months but it turned up.

How come only rap records exhibit this kind of behavior?