Digging in Las Vegas?

Comments

• there were so many times i could have asked whatever outrageous price i wanted for anything i had and i NEVER did it. i may have charged a premium at time and what i mean by that is like charging $20 for something that was worth $15.

i have had so many rich ass folls over to my place, so many kids with money and no knowledge and never did i ask $30 for bt express or some shit like that.

i remember some euro dude asking how much a persuaders record was worth all concerned and shit. i was like "uh, $3". he bought it from rosen for $50. one of those bunk ass captiol terds from the 70's. fucking absurd. that foll is a bad scene for real.

i only went in there once and he had no idea who i was. he treated me like shit and like i did not know anything at all. i just took all his breakwater 80's modern jawns from him for $10 each and split the hell out of there. what a tool.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

i remember some euro dude asking how much a persuaders record was worth all concerned and shit. i was like "uh, $3". he bought it from rosen for $50. one of those bunk ass captiol terds from the 70's. fucking absurd. that foll is a bad scene for real.

NOTE: that wasn't the Persuaders who were on Capitol in the '70s, that was the PERSUASIONS.

I say tht not to be correcting info, but just so some li'l dude reading this doesn't confuse the acapella group (Persuasions) with the "Thin Line Between Love & Hate" guys who sang with instruments behind them (Persuaders)...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Dude seemed like a ballprick, but he was cool to speak with after he let me go do some shopping.

The day I was there, I overheard three phone calls that involved shouting, cussing and slamming the receiver down HARD. After I got the skepticism out of the way, he sounded like I guy I wouldn't mind hearing stories from (he looks old enough to have seen and known what younger folks can only read about, music-wise, so he probably has some cool old-school tales).

• i remember some euro dude asking how much a persuaders record was worth all concerned and shit. i was like "uh, $3". he bought it from rosen for $50. one of those bunk ass captiol terds from the 70's. fucking absurd. that foll is a bad scene for real.

NOTE: that wasn't the Persuaders who were on Capitol in the '70s, that was the PERSUASIONS.

I say tht not to be correcting info, but just so some li'l dude reading this doesn't confuse the acapella group (Persuasions) with the "Thin Line Between Love & Hate" guys who sang with instruments behind them (Persuaders)...

correct. the point is it was $50. that is a terd to say the least.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I sell $3 duel accordion funk for $50

WRECKONIZE!

• i remember some euro dude asking how much a persuaders record was worth all concerned and shit. i was like "uh, $3". he bought it from rosen for $50. one of those bunk ass captiol terds from the 70's. fucking absurd. that foll is a bad scene for real.

I sell $3 duel accordion funk for $50

WRECKONIZE!

i cry

• :5pager:

yeah heres the pics of the lps i bought form dick R.

and you may have noticed my low post count, if youd like go check my introduction thread im putting up today. peace.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    That Vibrations record is so damned good though...just listen to it all the way through a few times...and try to forget how much you got took for it.

And while you're at it, also remember that there are plenty of dudes out there paying an arm and a leg for records that aren't half as good as that one.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    That Vibrations record is so damned good though...just listen to it all the way through a few times...and try to forget how much you got took for it.

And while you're at it, also remember that there are plenty of dudes out there paying an arm and a leg for records that aren't half as good as that one.

And that Evolution LP looks pretty minty, and I never see that around here. True I found mine for a $1, but that was FAR from minty. I would say conservatively, the following (if they are all VG+ or better):

Vibrations - $9-12
    Sunshine- $8-10
    BT Express- $5-9
    Evolution- $25-30

So double whomever said $30 worth of records, I would say $50-$60, if they are clean copies.

• That Vibrations record is so damned good though...just listen to it all the way through a few times...and try to forget how much you got took for it.

And that Evolution LP looks pretty minty, and I never see that around here. True I found mine for a $1, but that was FAR from minty. I would say conservatively, the following (if they are all VG+ or better):

Vibrations - $9-12
    Sunshine- $8-10
    BT Express- $5-9
    Evolution- $25-30

So double whomever said $30 worth of records, I would say $50-$60, if they are clean copies.

but dude, really, come on, there are wisened, big time record dudes on this board that said $50 dollar records are mediocre, so $10 to $20 records HAVE to be terds...there is no such thing as good music for less than a bill...get with it, seeeesh

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Vibrations - $9-12
    Sunshine- $8-10
    BT Express- $5-9
    Evolution- $25-30

but dude, really, come on, there are wisened, big time record dudes on this board that said $50 dollar records are mediocre, so $10 to $20 records HAVE to be terds...there is no such thing as good music for less than a bill...get with it, seeeesh

• When I was there, I only had interest in the stuff that was going for $$$. I ended up passing on the $$$ medium-raers and copped the mid-range titles that I don't tend to see a lot of around my way. When it was all set and done, I may have paid a bit more than what I probably would have at home. At the same time, I still haven't seen the records around town that I brought back from Vegas.

Dude seemed like a ballprick, but he was cool to speak with after he let me go do some shopping. DJ D-Wreck's (Wildin' Out DJ) father came in to bust the owner's balls. That was fairly amusing.

I got kind of shook when I saw the Lexus SUV in the empty parking lot. I knew then I wasn't in for a cheap shopping trip. I would go again though. I ain't sc'red.

obscure_asslick would set dude straight

I know your gonna be speakin my name for the rest of your sad life, but don't speak for me bitch. I'd never give any of my money to this fuckin scumbag.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Looks like you got good looking copies for what you paid. At least you can be happy about that.

• :5pager:

yeah heres the pics of the lps i bought form dick R.

and you may have noticed my low post count, if youd like go check my introduction thread im putting up today. peace.

No cut corners, no sawmarks or punchs.. i don't see any visable creasing or ring wear.. if the records look just as good i'd say all you did was pay top dollar for really great quality. No huge rip-off going on here with this deal. If you bought them online you'd pay something around an additional $5/$9.50 shipping.

• yeah and at least those records are musically solid, for the most part (in my opinion)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    He already said the B.T. Express skips on a few songs.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    jesus, if i could have all the money back that i had spent on overpriced records id be a rich man.

Dont sweat it man, you live and learn.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    No huge rip-off going on here with this deal.

Let's be serious. This was a huge rip off. He hasn't even said how much he paid, just that it was over $100. And one of the records skips. That's ok though, it happens. As long as dude is happy with the records he bought then it doesn't really matter, lesson learned.

When I started digging I didn't use a portable and bought countless dollar bin terds in order to find a few records that I really liked. Dollar bin terds add up.

To the dude who bought the records- think of it this way, you got some records that you like, that you never would have found locally and you never would have thought to buy on ebay. Not too bad, really.

• No huge rip-off going on here with this deal.

Let's be serious. This was a huge rip off. He hasn't even said how much he paid, just that it was over $100. And one of the records skips. That's ok though, it happens. As long as dude is happy with the records he bought then it doesn't really matter, lesson learned.

When I started digging I didn't use a portable and bought countless dollar bin terds in order to find a few records that I really liked. Dollar bin terds add up.

To the dude who bought the records- think of it this way, you got some records that you like, that you never would have found locally and you never would have thought to buy on ebay. Not too bad, really.

but dude, you dont have a degree in ballernomics from WaxPo University

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Dollar bin terds add up.

And they get mighty heavy

but dude, you dont have a degree in ballernomics from WaxPo University

I'm pretty sure that's a compliment

Dollar bin terds add up.

And they get mighty heavy

Ain't that the truth

• jesus, if i could have all the money back that i had spent on overpriced records id be a rich man.

Dont sweat it man, you live and learn.

^^pretty much.

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    rich rosen really is an ass. second worst dealer i've bought from. don't waste your time. parenthetically, first place goes to a former strutter who sold me a record for cheap -- even though he knew how much it was worth because he sourced it -- and then, six months later, demanded more money. still mad about that one.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    first place goes to a former strutter who sold me a record for cheap -- even though he knew how much it was worth because he sourced it -- and then, six months later, demanded more money. still mad about that one.

was he in Canada?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    first place goes to a former strutter who sold me a record for cheap -- even though he knew how much it was worth because he sourced it -- and then, six months later, demanded more money. still mad about that one.

was he in Canada?

PLEASE NAME DROP!

• plkbrynplkbryn 159 Posts
    was he in Canada?

thankfully, no. because then i would probably have never received the record in the first place!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    PLEASE NAME DROP!

• He already said the B.T. Express skips on a few songs.
    after playing the scratches a bit i actually fixed them!! the scratches where they used to skip are still audible but no more skipping! the others are really clean except for just a little bit of noise on the coffey lp during the break from the led zep cover track..

• He already said the B.T. Express skips on a few songs.
    after playing the scratches a bit i actually fixed them!! the scratches where they used to skip are still audible but no more skipping! the others are really clean except for just a little bit of noise on the coffey lp during the break from the led zep cover track..

this might be due to your needle not tracking heavy enough. it sounds like the scratches might just be some dust or some little pieces of shit in the grooves.

i did not mean to take my record anger out on rosen. he just bruns my ass.

i have 5 or 10 or more copies of some of the records you bought from rosen in varied conditions. in fact i have so many starter kit style records i wish some of you would just pm wantlists. i will sell this stuff for $5 to $10 a record. sometimes $15. i want to help the diggers of the world. i dug so you dont have to. i died on the record cross for your sins. pm me please.