Peedi Crack "Fall Back"

Comments

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    there is a pretty good mixtape called peedi crack for prez that was done by Dj Aktive.

A lot of that was recycled on the "Torture" tape w/ Whoo Kid.

Kind of dubious about him ever getting a proper album release but, then again, I think Free has a sophomore release scheduled for November, indicating that Jay may also be willing to take a chance on Peedi's idiosyncratic style.

Truth be told, he'd probably be better off on an independent.

Yeah. His manager told me back in May that his album for Def Jam has BEEN DONE. That soft-ass single with Megan Rochelle didn't pop off like Def Jam hoped (and who really expected it too? I'm a huge Peedi apologist and even I found that crap weak) and even though the Jazzy Jeff joint got some run throughout the country, that song wasn't going to sell him any albums. Dude really just needs to get on Koch or something, drop a quality album, and sell his 80,000 or so units.

It's just sad because dude obviously has a lot of potential and a unique style that really could sell well given a little bit of freedom and some risk-taking on the side of the record labels.

Oh well.

"Torture" probably is the best mixtape he's got out. Like faux says, it does recycle a lot of the stuff on the DJ Aktive tape, but only the good stuff. My man Ant Live put out a pretty good tape recently called "The Crakk Files Volume 3" that has some cool stuff on it, but a lot of it is just boring mixtape filler as well.

Dude can really rap his ass off though.

-e

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Am I the only one not feeling this?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude you really don't even know what you feel.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dude you really don't even know what you feel.

I like the Game.

• Dude you really don't even know what you feel.

I like the Game.

say no more.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Thanks for this - now I don't have to rip the 12" (which has been sitting in my "to burn" pile for years now.)

Hats off to you, Cos, for exposing this to me years ago on some radio show I streamed online while working...

• the song is old but the video is new

...or at least was a closely guarded secret until recently. Looks like it may have been filmed a while back--I think dude's put on a few pounds since then.

CLosely guarded?

It got radio play and 12'' was released

FAIR-WEATHER RAP FANS REVEALED.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Finally a joint we can all agree is (yuichi doesn't count)

I don't give a fuck how many times those drums are used it still sounds fresh to me.

• the song is old but the video is new

...or at least was a closely guarded secret until recently. Looks like it may have been filmed a while back--I think dude's put on a few pounds since then.

CLosely guarded?

it got mixshow play and a legit 12" was never released.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the song is old but the video is new

CLosely guarded?

The video, dude. RIF.

Don't think it was previously online, and I'm kind of doubting it was in rotation of 106 & Park.

• even though the Jazzy Jeff joint got some run throughout the country, that song wasn't going to sell him any albums

when did this come out? gotta be pretty new. I'm feelin this video:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I don't give a fuck how many times those drums are used it still sounds fresh to me.

The definition of "knockin'"

• I don't give a fuck how many times those drums are used it still sounds fresh to me.

The definition of "knockin'"
    No doubt about it. Some people get wayyy too caught up in the "______ and _______ already used the ________ drums on ________ and ________"

if it works, it works. period.

• Some people get wayyy too caught up in the "______ and _______ already used the ________ drums on ________ and ________"

These people are called nerds.

Some people get wayyy too caught up in the "______ and _______ already used the ________ drums on ________ and ________"

These people are called nerds.

I'm certainly glad we don't have any of them on SoulStrut.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Am I the only one not feeling this?

yes. yes you are.

i'm also really digging this video with freeway. it goes on a little long but the 1st 2 minutes or so are what's up. same formula as "what we do?" for the beat, but fresh none the less.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm sure there's a better way to articulate this, but few rappers are better than Freeway in jumping right into a verse and setting shit on fire. I'm not talking about his verses as a whole, I'm just talking about how he kicks it off.

• For sure, ODUB..Free is great at that shit. I had never seen that Skilz and Free video...new?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    For sure, ODUB..Free is great at that shit. I had never seen that Skilz and Free video...new?

i think it came out towards the end of july. i haven't heard it get play anywhere. not even on the sirius mixshows.

"these youngins wanna act like michael on the wire..."

• This shit is so dope. Someone hook up one of those mixtapes. I used to play the shit out of "Cactus Juice".

• here's that Whoo Kid tape:
    http://rs69.rapidshare.com/files/9774279...6-C4-Mr.Mex.rar

and thanks to whoever dropped that 12" rip!

• Am I the only one not feeling this?

yes. yes you are.

i'm also really digging this video with freeway. it goes on a little long but the 1st 2 minutes or so are what's up. same formula as "what we do?" for the beat, but fresh none the less.

i think those 2 need to get together and form a group for real

• Yeah maybe...but I would much rather hear a solid State Property album..just Peedi,Free and Beans would be perfect for me.

• Yeah maybe...but I would much rather hear a solid State Property album..just Peedi,Free and Beans would be perfect for me.
    word- just leave of the other dudes....

• here's that Whoo Kid tape:
    http://rs69.rapidshare.com/files/9774279...6-C4-Mr.Mex.rar

and thanks to whoever dropped that 12" rip!

Many thanks!

word- just leave of the other dudes....

Yeah, I wouldnt mind leaving the rest of them out. Why put ice in a perfectly good beer, when it's just going to water it down..ya dig?

Beanie & Free "Can't Tell Me Nothin' (Roc Remix)"[/b]

I had a dream that Jay and Dame was back together
    And in that second everything was back the same
    In reality ya boy went to Mecca and came back
    And said that I would never rap a-gain
    Well I???m back and thats the way the ball bounces
    Verse is a ounce an album
    So breakdown it's time for trafficking
    Y'all lame I am the product, hotter than lava
    They wonder how this Roc-A-Fella package 'caine
    First you take a brick of Jay, a brick of 'Ye
    A couple quarters of Freeway, a ounce of Beans
    Then you kill em wit' the flow, we the realest
    Even Dontrell Willis couldn't off the team
    Tell FEMA that even Hurricane Katrina couldn't off the flames
    Roc-A-Fella here to stay, we airin' out y'all lames
    Free At Last on the way, so clear em out my lane...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• Peedi Crack & DJ Starks: Crack Raps (2007)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JC30GXZL

• Drew, any chance you know where a high res. version of that Free picture could be found on the net?