Is Rick Ross a hipster?

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
From Spinemagaine:Two cuts from Rick Ross' new album 'Rise To Power' (out tomorrow): 'Prove Me Wrong' featuring Devin The Dude[/b] and 'B.L.O.W.' featuring Clipse[/b] , produced by Om'Mas from Sa-Ra.[/b] (mp3.)

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    From Spinemagaine:

Two cuts from Rick Ross' new album 'Rise To Power' (out tomorrow): 'Prove Me Wrong' featuring Devin The Dude[/b] and 'B.L.O.W.' featuring Clipse[/b] , produced by Om'Mas from Sa-Ra.[/b] (mp3.)

Clipse? Devin?

...sign me up as a hipster then.

• From Spinemagaine:

Two cuts from Rick Ross' new album 'Rise To Power' (out tomorrow): 'Prove Me Wrong' featuring Devin The Dude[/b] and 'B.L.O.W.' featuring Clipse[/b] , produced by Om'Mas from Sa-Ra.[/b] (mp3.)

FYI, that whole album is old material (2000 or earlier, I'm guessing) from when he was orgiinally "discovered" by Tony Draper and Swishahouse. The album sounds nothing like any of his current material. I couldn't get into all of it, but there were a couple joints that, while sounding dated, werre pretty good.

• FYI, that whole album is old material (2000 or earlier, I'm guessing) from when he was orgiinally "discovered" by Tony Draper and Swishahouse. The album sounds nothing like any of his current material. I couldn't get into all of it, but there were a couple joints that, while sounding dated, werre pretty good.

Oh really? Because- while i'm no huge fan- not much was fuckin with "Hustlin" the last couple years. In my humble opinion.

• Yeah I liked Hustlin', but I thought Port of Miami had comparable - if not better - songs on it. Everything else he's done has been guest spots and mixtapes since then anyway. Supposedly, his new album "Trilla" will be out soon, as will his crew's album, Rick Ross Presents Triple C's "The Black Flag".

• Blow was one of my favourite rap singles from earlier this year. I did okay but wasn't as huge as hustlin' ,unfortunately.

that sa-ra is

• Blow was one of my favourite rap singles from earlier this year.

You mean "Push It"? I can't think of a track he did called "Blow"...

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    the title of this thread made me crack up. as far as being a hipster, who carezzzzz.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Blow was one of my favourite rap singles from earlier this year.

Huh? It's track three on the cd. I really like "Pots and pans" as well as the above mentioned tracks - but it has very little to do with Raws' limited lyricism. He doesn't have to get lyrically lyrical wit da lyrical bluntz, but you know...

Huh? It's track three on the cd. I really like "Pots and pans" as well as the above mentioned tracks - but it has very little to do with Raws' limited lyricism. He doesn't have to get lyrically lyrical wit da lyrical bluntz, but you know...

Oh, I'm thinking of singles. Blow wasn't a single, was it? That's why I was confused. I am not good at remembering album cut titles.

Oh, and, FUCK LYRICS.

Oh, I'm thinking of singles. Blow wasn't a single, was it? That's why I was confused. I am not good at remembering album cut titles.

Oh, and, FUCK LYRICS.

from your local urban idaho radio experience.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Oh, and, FUCK LYRICS.

I think I have seen a 12" for "Blow"

....and I could put Ross' lyrics aside and enjoy his music if his voice and delivery weren't so shitty

• Oh, I'm thinking of singles. Blow wasn't a single, was it? That's why I was confused. I am not good at remembering album cut titles.

Oh, and, FUCK LYRICS.

I think I have seen a 12" for "Blow"

I'll be damned, there was a 12" for it. Only 12's I saw were Hustlin', Hustlin' Remix, and Push It. And the picture disc album sampler.

....and I could put Ross' lyrics aside and enjoy his music if his voice and delivery weren't so shitty

YOU SOUND WHITE.

Oh, and, FUCK LYRICS.

from your local urban idaho radio experience.

I do bump this one and I am sure I have it on some mixtapes somewhere. Good song.

What's really hood in OKC? ROSS.

• the title of this thread made me crack up. as far as being a hipster, who carezzzzz.

I do.