Great songs from great Movies/Soundtracks!

obscure_addictobscure_addict 869 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I've always loved hearing Bloodstone-Natural High in this film, but the entire soundtrack fits great... when jackson gets chris tucker into the trunk aka bomont livingston, and he drops on the brothers johnson strawberry letter 23... shit is classic.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Comments

• The Dramatics Get Up and Get Down in

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Nilsson "Everybody's Talkin'" from Midnight Cowboy

• As heard in Jackie Brown, and a few other popular cuts.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

such a grainy rawdawg film
    goat

• I love that joint in Revenge of the Nerds when they're painting the house. The robot pitches in, etc. It seems a lot of 80s movies have that montage scene where the principal characters work on some sort of "project" while upbeat motivational music plays. Someone oughtta make a mixtape of all those jawns.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    valerie simpson's cover of ohhhh child in over the edge

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    footloose

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    so so many...

Crooklyn - El Pito in the bodega with store owner dancing with a queen while little girl watches in awe

Head-On - After Laughter during carnival ride

Ghost Dog - Armagideon Time as woman sashayes in silver outfit to party

Wassup Rockers - the whole damn soundtrack

Putney Swope - opening track and soul heater during the fan commercial

If... - Missa Louba by Les Troubadours du Roi Baudouin that plays throughout film

Nilsson - Jump into the Fire from Goodfellas

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    "Lets Stay Together," and others in Pulp Fiction, is an obvious one.

Theres a ray barretto song from 'charanga moderna' (i think) that plays in 'mean streets' that really sets the mood of them creeping through the streets.

• great song, great soundtrack, great movie

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I love that joint in Revenge of the Nerds when they're painting the house. The robot pitches in, etc. It seems a lot of 80s movies have that montage scene where the principal characters work on some sort of "project" while upbeat motivational music plays. Someone oughtta make a mixtape of all those jawns.

"OPEN YOUR EYES!!.....(ding, ding, dingding....ding)

Oh my god I can't beleive what they did to that old house. Isn't that amazing Stan?
    Yea well it won't be amazing for long. What are you looking at nerd?!?!?! Huh??!?!

Thought I was looking at my mothers old douche bag but that's in Ohio.

Oh yea, The Yardbirds playing in Blow-up, The Circle Jerks playing in Repo Man, Yo La Tengo playing in I Shot Andy Warhol...it's full of good stuff, but particularily good is The Emotions singing in church in Wattstax

• that uncredited hard rock band playing at the prom in Carrie ("high school, high school, 12 long years of the education blues!!")

We've had this convo before.

that uncredited hard rock band playing at the prom in Carrie ("high school, high school, 12 long years of the education blues!!")

Vance or Towers - Education Blues

Also - the house party scene in Quadrophenia when they take over the record player

• that uncredited hard rock band playing at the prom in Carrie ("high school, high school, 12 long years of the education blues!!")

Vance or Towers - Education Blues

Bassie - good lookin' out, thanks!!

That's as good a reason as any to start huntin' down their album (was there more than one?).

Yea - I like romance and shit. Call me herbert till you can't no mo - but I think this is one of the best love songs of all time. I catch feelings everytime I see this montage. Won't work the same for a lot of yall - I'm guessing - as I literally grew up just down the street from everywhere in this shit....Dupars most importantly (where they meet for lunch here.....and where they pull Diggler from in Boogie Nights).

• [color:red] the house party scene in Quadrophenia when they take over the record player [/color]

Ever see the movie That'll Be The Day, where somebody brings home a Buddy Holly album, but when they put it on the player, out comes Ritchie Valens' "Donna"? (This wasn't part of the plot, just a colossal behind-the-scenes fuckup...)

[color:red] the house party scene in Quadrophenia when they take over the record player [/color]

Ever see the movie That'll Be The Day, where somebody brings home a Buddy Holly album, but when they put it on the player, out comes Ritchie Valens' "Donna"? (This wasn't part of the plot, just a colossal behind-the-scenes fuckup...)

Carlito's Way (and countless other movies no doubt) has sloppy soundtrack mistakes, too - disco songs in scenes that were not even out yet for when the movie was set, which I think was '74 or so...

• [color:red] the house party scene in Quadrophenia when they take over the record player [/color]

Carlito's Way has this, too - disco songs in scenes that were not even out yet for when the movie was set, which I think was '74 or so...

On a related note: ever see the movie Thank God It's Friday where Ray Vitte's disco DJ character puts a MOTOWN album in a CASABLANCA sleeve (it was a Meco album if I remember correctly)?

Back to the thread topic:
    The Blues Brothers, where we see Dan Akroyd spinning a Louis Jordan 78 on Decca ("Let The Good Times Roll") while John Belushi dozes off...(And later in the same movie, we see both men outrunning the cops while The Best Of Sam & Dave plays on the 8-track..."Soothe Me" and "Hold On, I'm Coming.")

• Back to the thread topic:
    The Blues Brothers, where we see Dan Akroyd spinning a Louis Jordan 78 on Decca ("Let The Good Times Roll") while John Belushi dozes off...(And later in the same movie, we see both men outrunning the cops while The Best Of Sam & Dave plays on the 8-track..."Soothe Me" and "Hold On, I'm Coming.")

This movie + soundtrack = fantastic combination! I love when they jam out with Ray Charles on the piano.

are the divshares not playing for anyone else either or is it just me?

All kinds of good things are banned at my work, so I'm not a good gauge, but there is a lot of white screen for me in this thread.

• All kinds of good things are banned at my work, so I'm not a good gauge, but there is a lot of white screen for me in this thread.

Not just this thread, but I've seen this white space pop up intermittently in the other threads as well.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I like the Scarface soundtrack -
    specifically how it makes me like
    music I probably wouldn't otherwise ...
    I mean, that "Push It To the Limit" song
    is pure Frank Stallone-esque 80's OST cheese,
    but somehow it really grew on me ... I have
    a dope 12" of the Deborah Harry "Rush Rush (Give
    Me Ya-Yo)" song, taken from the soundtrack, with
    a Scarface picture sleeve ...

I like the Scarface soundtrack -

Well, I guess it was bound to happen - we were going to disagree on something music-related one of these days...

• The hair-metal version of "Here Comes The Bride" by Queen on the Flash Gordon soundtrack.