REP YOUR AREA'S BEER

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
i'm not gonna get cute bein from stl, but my pittsburgh roots are all like and I can't wait to get back east for

Comments

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

jersey stand up!

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• My favorite. Which reminds me I need to take a tour of the brewery soon.

Another favorite although it is not from SF it is pretty close and definitely NorCal. Boont Amber seems to be disapearing from bars here in SF due to Fat Tire coming in with a huge advertising campaign. It seems every time Fat Tire shows up on tap the Boont Amber disappears. This upsets me because Boont is Califas and Fat is Colorado (plus owned by a larger beer company I believe) and I want to support my local beer.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    When DJing at Fuse in Chapel Hill, I always make sure to put one of these in my mouth:

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Brazilian best beer, and my fave for sure

Peace

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• Damn, that Xingu beer looks mighty tasty.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    Little King's Cream Ale - reppin Dayton, Ohio!! (cool pic not pictured) Yaheardholla...

• meshmesh 925 Posts

i drove a figure 8 around the country for 6 and a half weeks and didnt find a better tasting IPA.

Damn, that Xingu beer looks mighty tasty.

Yeah, it??s very saborosa!
    It??s a shame I can??t send you a bottle for you to taste it. But I think you can find it, cos?? it has been exported to lots of countries now.
    Good luck & enjoy!

Peace

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I live only 4 blocks from this brewery:

I never buy their stuff, but the ice cream company I work for makes a special Sam Adams Stout ice cream for them a couple of times a year, that they serve at company functions...when this happens, I generally end up with 4-5 free cases of the beer they trade us...I'm only supposed to get one or two, but everyone I work with is a wuss (or 17) and I get to clean up...although you can get it pretty cheaply around here, if I want the local discount, I usually buy:

Or other Wachusett brews, which can be had for $5 a sixer in a lot of places, or this stuff:

Which has a nice hometown discount, and can be had in 12 packs for like $8.

I usually just end up drinking Newcastle, though, even though I don't live anywhere near there...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    LA heads - what's the best local beer? I like several CA beers, but nothing that I know that is directly from the LA area.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts

Agreed on the Terminal Gravity...Also feelin' the BAnderson Valley Beers (only oatmeal stout I will still drink)

This is some good beer if you ever go through Pacific City on the Oregon Coast.

More Oregon Coast Beers

Mmmmm Beeer!!! (Try their LSD Ale !!)

Tasty strong beers from Oregon Hippyland !!

Little King's Cream Ale
    REPRESENT!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

Peace
    holy shit! is that tar?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

I have to say lots of little dude beer selections round here but this cracked me up. Wa-Wa-Wachuset... Sophomore & Junior year of HS I lived close enough to here that if you drove quickly, you could get there in 45 mins and get in some night skiing. Must've been around '89-'90. What a fucking Big Hill! Is that it in the picture?!

As for beer,
    Does the year 1516 not mean anything anymore????

Peace

holy shit! is that tar?

lol. naw, it??s just a dark tasteful liquid named beer.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    miller highlife

the champagne of beers!

funfact: this beer was designed for women. also it is good to drink on the rox during spastic heatwaves like this one.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    We are lucky to have pretty damn good local beer here in Seattle:

Having a few of these with dinner tonight....

We are lucky to have pretty damn good local beer here in Seattle:

we used to call that Extra Strength Beer.

it wasn't really, but I like the idea.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Old Style for the dirty unemployed men like myself.

Goose Island and the like for higher classed men like those who are not myself.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I guess Corona, although not all that region specific, is the official beer of the San Fernando Valley

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I use to get a 12 be ready to rock. Sometimes shit like this makes me miss arizona but then I remeber that place sucks ass and I don't miss it anymore

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    THIS IS HOW WE BREW IT!!!!!!! FERMENTATION BEGINS...

"Brewed by Harlem Brewing Company in Saratoga Springs, NY (well known for its great water) at the Olde Saratoga Springs Brewing Company."

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts