~IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY RECORD........~

Comments

• Tintern Abbey - Beeside / Vacuum Cleaner (Deram)

or

Marilyn Barbarin - Reborn (Bo Sound)

or

Explosions - Garden of Four Trees (Gold Cup)....

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Explosions - Garden of Four Trees (Gold Cup)....

The old TSL had a bunch of these. I'm not sure who got them in the divorce, but I bet if you call up Jared's store and Rob's store you'll find out. They weren't moving too fast the last time I checked.

• There's one on eBay right now

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Four Mints lp on Capsoul

or that damn

Sly Slick and Wicked raer lp

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Most definitely Groove Holmes $6,000,000 Man.

• just because there may be a chance i will have it one day.

un obtainable

turner brothers
    stark reality
    ball of eyes

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Most definitely Groove Holmes $6,000,000 Man.

Not many, many, many acetates which were never actually released?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    The Street and the Sea
    Phillip Werren

I wouldn't mind a copy of Jeff Moore - The Youngest Son but that can be had with enough money.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Probably either this:

or this:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

or this:

This is a REALLY tough pull! A friend has had this for over 4 years and he didn't really notice it till I pulled it out of his stacks.

Out of curiosity (and this is not a diss to anyone) how many of these records can be had for just the right amount of money or are actually unattainable?

I figure since this is about having any record, I'd want something that not even money could get.

I figure since this is about having any record, I'd want something that not even money could get.

Like one of many many many many rare acetates for example?

Dude. I paid one more dollar than your offer and own them all, now. Deal.

I was more responding to things like Stark Reality, Arthur Verocai, Lulu, etc.

• OG Open Sky Unit, because I'm pretty sure I'll never own it.

Haggle in the UK has a copy of this for around $350 and has had it at least since I was in London 2 1/2 years ago.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    joki freund - yogi jazz

not cbs press though..

Dude, I already said that one.

Obscure_Addict is not a bottomless wealth of humor and we must deploy him sparingly, lest we exhaust the joke.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i'm looking for eddie simpson, "big black funky slave" or masked man and the agents, uh... "one eye open."

masked man and the agents, uh... "one eye open."

Isn't that Harmon Bethea?

I seem to recall Paychex having a copy of the LP in the shop recently.

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    arthur verocai

Is it true that this has only been for sale once to the open public?

There are two auctions on Popsike, Superflyrecords.com had it at least once, and I know two people in Brazil with copies (that aren't for sale). So I don't think it's totally impossible.

I wouldn't mind a copy of this:

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Obscure_Addict is not a bottomless wealth of humor and we must deploy him sparingly, lest we exhaust the joke.

Thank you for making this point. To anyone wishing to capitalize on obscure_addict's witticisms without retreading the same comedic ground, might I suggest exploring some of his lesser-known material. You will find that the well doth not runneth dry just yet.

Also, please post any obscure_addict PMs you might have sitting in your in-box. They are, after all, the unreleased acetates of his soulstrut career.

Thank you for making this point. To anyone wishing to capitalize on obscure_addict's witticisms without retreading the same comedic ground, might I suggest exploring some of his lesser-known material. You will find that the well doth not runneth dry just yet.

Also, please post any obscure_addict PMs you might have sitting in your in-box. They are, after all, the unreleased acetates of his soulstrut career.

Indeed.

I was starting to feel as if Crink believed himself to have some exclusive claim upon the work of obscure_addict, an artist the likes of whom we are graced with but once in a generation and whose work belongs not to any one individual, but to the ages.

Which is to say: please poast obscure_addict PMs immediately. It's only right.

masked man and the agents, uh... "one eye open."

Isn't that Harmon Bethea?

I seem to recall Paychex having a copy of the LP in the shop recently.

same thing isn't it?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    "stand up?"

I think "one eye open" is a $5 record. "stand up" on BBC may be $10.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

this seems to be so rare, like only 100 copies were pressed. front man of chute libre behind it, amazing record. if anybody got any info or even a spare record, hit me up. i`d murder for it.

close second thoughts:

STARCROST on fable
    JAMES TATUM - Contemporary Jazz & Mass (where to get those?????? only ebay seems a very expensive option)

• I figure since this is about having any record, I'd want something that not even money could get.

Maybe you country bumpkins don't know about extremely rare one of a kind records that some of which we're never offical releases. Read up on your read ups.

You guys are total without a doubt amazing douchetards...

Here is an example of one that I don't care so much about... for the hipsters

http://blog.wired.com/music/2006/12/uberrare_velvet.html

An outfit called Saturn Records is overseeing the eBay auction of what they call "ARGUABLY THE RAREST & MOST IMPORTANT ROCK 'N' ROLL AND POP-ART ARTIFACT IN THE WORLD". It ain't John Lennon's secret baile funk record, nor Jimi Hendrix's lost duets with Grandmaster Flash - no, it's a 12" acetate record from the recording of the first Velvet Underground (and Nico) album in 1966. Lost for decades, these are perhaps the oldest studio recordings of one of the 20th Century's most influential bands - nine tracks destined, in theory, for the group's famous self-titled banana LP

"Most acetates are manufactured by a pressing plant called STERLING SOUND. Sometimes the name of the company even appears on the acetate label (as in the case of the rare "Express Yourself" acetate). In most cases though, the labels you see on an acetate are very plain - but they usually have at least the record company's logo factory-printed on them, but the titles of the song(s) and the artist(s) are usually type-written, or even hand-written in some cases. They usually also have hand-written or type-written serial numbers, catalog numbers, or other reference numbers on them.

Since acetates were never designed to see the light of day (much less be sold in a store), they're nothing special to look at, unfortunately. But if you can get your hands on one, you're sure to have an extremely rare and unique piece of musical history.

I hope that answers any questions that you may have had!"

"stand up?"

I think "one eye open" is a $5 record. "stand up" on BBC may be $10.

thats it! "stand up" is the masked man and "one eye open" is harmon bethea, however they're the same person (or so i'm told)... cool, i hope it is a $5 record. finding that eddie simpson for that much would be great though. "sexy woman" for that much would be nice too....

• I figure since this is about having any record, I'd want something that not even money could get.

Maybe you country bumpkins don't know about extremely rare one of a kind records that some of which we're never offical releases. Read up on your read ups.

An outfit called Saturn Records is overseeing the eBay auction of what they call "ARGUABLY THE RAREST & MOST IMPORTANT ROCK 'N' ROLL AND POP-ART ARTIFACT IN THE WORLD". It ain't John Lennon's secret baile funk record, nor Jimi Hendrix's lost duets with Grandmaster Flash - no, it's a 12" acetate record from the recording of the first Velvet Underground (and Nico) album in 1966. Lost for decades, these are perhaps the oldest studio recordings of one of the 20th Century's most influential bands - nine tracks destined, in theory, for the group's famous self-titled banana LP

"Most acetates are manufactured by a pressing plant called STERLING SOUND. Sometimes the name of the company even appears on the acetate label (as in the case of the rare "Express Yourself" acetate). In most cases though, the labels you see on an acetate are very plain - but they usually have at least the record company's logo factory-printed on them, but the titles of the song(s) and the artist(s) are usually type-written, or even hand-written in some cases. They usually also have hand-written or type-written serial numbers, catalog numbers, or other reference numbers on them.

Since acetates were never designed to see the light of day (much less be sold in a store), they're nothing special to look at, unfortunately. But if you can get your hands on one, you're sure to have an extremely rare and unique piece of musical history.

I hope that answers any questions that you may have had!"

do you seriously think that people here dont know what acetates are?

Sorry guys.

Maybe now isn't the time for this, but I need to get it off my chest... I once had a 20 count box of unplyaed obscure_addicts... not wanting cause a panic and drive down the price, I drew X's on the labels and rubbed my fingernails across them gently but firmly.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Holy shit!!!! There's a Velvet Underground acetate?????