~IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY RECORD........~

Comments

• This is the record that introduced me to deep funk....

I have never even seen a real copy of this 45. Scoring this piece would be a significant addition to my collection. Alas... the search continues.

• Black Magic- Strong Message

• this label was out of a storefront studio one mile from where I live, but I'm still never going to find this - the Detroit Riots burned a lot of that neighborhood down...

Some of the toughest production ever.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I would trade my 3rd Guitar for that

• SEALED 24 Karat Black

Not because I don't have it... or because I've never found it... but because every single copy I come into contact with has problems and for once I would love to listen to a literally pristine copy. Also I have a damaged copy so I've been real stingy about minting up, for free would be awesome

Yo, 24 carat black yes. Every copy I've found has been hammered.
    But, I would love to own an OG copy of "Thrust" by McNeal & Niles.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    SEALED 24 Karat Black

Not because I don't have it... or because I've never found it... but because every single copy I come into contact with has problems and for once I would love to listen to a literally pristine copy. Also I have a damaged copy so I've been real stingy about minting up, for free would be awesome

I've purchased and resold this record several times looking for a truly mint copy and every one of them played with crackle, especially in the quiet parts.

• arthur verocai

I'd take it for free, but I'd also pay just about any amount of money for it.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    SEALED 24 Karat Black

I've purchased and resold this record several times looking for a truly mint copy and every one of them played with crackle, especially in the quiet parts.

That's why for listening purposes I bought the CD. Worth every cent of the $10 it cost.

• Would love a mint copy of:

MCF

• I remember this one being bananas. Although I would be more than happy with most of anything Frank takes home.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

yes plaese

• ss.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    hmmm ... or maybe this one:

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I'll pay any amount for this.

I'd pay $1 more than drew would

I'd change religions for this record

• Inell Young - What Do You See In Her 45

• OG Open Sky Unit, because I'm pretty sure I'll never own it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Meters- s/t (just to put it up on my wall)

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I'd like a minty fresh copy of the first Os Mutantes album please. And Stark of course. I'm cheap AND lazy so I'll have to wait til the day I (possibly maybe) bring in some money and not just spend student loans.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Too hard to choose. Probably the Verocai or East of Underground, just because they are impossibly rare.

• that velvet underground acetate so i could sell it and buy about 5,000 better records.

• The second, white cover, Combo Xingu

(if anyone can prove it exists)

• I'll pay any amount for this.

I'd pay $1 more than drew would

I'd change religions for this record

this sat in our racks for 5 bucks forever, then shingaling put it on one day in the shop and it was all . There are a few HSE LPs with the same cover and that causes many "ohh shit!" then "dang" moments while diggin around these parts...

I posted a gospel thread that has a serious Lula Collins cover posted, check it...

• this sat in our racks for 5 bucks forever, then shingaling put it on one day

so who got to take it home? did a brawl ensue?

• I posted a gospel thread that has a serious Lula Collins cover posted, check it...

"I'm a Soldier"...Great track, yes. Respectfully though, don't you prefer Lula's version? By the way, who is in possession of the album now, you or Shingaling?

no brawl, Shingaling's Memphis gospel collection is huge and it was only fair he get it, it is an essential raer for a serious raer gospel collection, and he pulled it..so by 2 different digging rules, he got it no questions asked

• Black Magic- Strong Message

Yes, I will have one!

no brawl, Shingaling's Memphis gospel collection is huge and it was only fair he get it, it is an essential raer for a serious raer gospel collection, and he pulled it..so by 2 different digging rules, he got it no questions asked

You're a better man than I am.

• I posted a gospel thread that has a serious Lula Collins cover posted, check it...

"I'm a Soldier"...Great track, yes. Respectfully though, don't you prefer Lula's version? By the way, who is in possession of the album now, you or Shingaling?

Lula's is amazing, I thought some headz might want to hear a Lula cover...