What about Chamillionaire?

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Album came out yesterday. I haven't heard it yet, but I've heard GREAT things about it and I'm wondering if anybody on here has yet gotten into it...

Comments

• not yet, but really want to...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Chamillionaire = The '07 Ras Kass

Does he have some issue with his budget or does he really think these beats sound good?

It's like he pulled them all off of the "apocalyptic" and "regal" categories on somebody's MySpace page.

Twista album's pretty good, though. The song with T-Pain is ridiculous.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I really wanted to like it but found the whole thing, for want of a better term, a bit dull. The beats really aren't up to scratch. Think I'll stick to the mixtapes.

• that sucks to find out..I never even checked out the Messiah mixtapes..maybe I should go back and DL em?

• I heard the single was the worst song on the album. I'm not sure if that really says anything about the album though, because that single was really bad. Video was even worse. I'll still check the album though, regardless. Have to know the true before I can hatt.

A new Twista album sounds right on time. I need to check for that as well.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I've yet to decide how I feel about this record. It has it's problems, terrible single.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Can't defend an album I've yet to here...but I don't get how people hear the single as bad.

He redid Murder Was the Case...therefore the beat sounds like an updated version.

Cham's verses are awesome, both content and delivery-wise.

Slick Rick is a great addition.

Not the greatest song ever, as its so dependent on a concept, but I don't hear "bad" at all, especially when it comes on the radio in the midst of a bunch of simpleton stuff.

• especially when it comes on the radio in the midst of a bunch of simpleton stuff.

AY BAY BAY CRANK DAT

• i enjoy the single w/ slick rick and the video

am i connected or disconnected?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    The song with T-Pain is ridiculous.
    for real
    amazing track

• Can't defend an album I've yet to here...but I don't get how people hear the single as bad.

He redid Murder Was the Case...therefore the beat sounds like an updated version.

Not the greatest song ever, as its so dependent on a concept, but I don't hear "bad" at all, especially when it comes on the radio in the midst of a bunch of simpleton stuff.

Putting a bad song next to eve nworse songs does not make the bad song good.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i enjoy the single w/ slick rick and the video

am i connected or disconnected?

On hold.

• except T-Pain sucks.

the Chamillionaire track is nice hip-hop track, but its definately not going to cross over. Chamillionaire murders the track.

Can't defend an album I've yet to here...but I don't get how people hear the single as bad.

I think he may have been referring to "Evening News," or whatever it's called, which is truly rancid--one of the worst rap tracks I've ever heard (yeah, I said it).

• especially when it comes on the radio in the midst of a bunch of simpleton stuff.

racist

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    except T-Pain sucks.
    zzzz

• cascas 1,484 Posts

I think he may have been referring to "Evening News," or whatever it's called, which is truly rancid--one of the worst rap tracks I've ever heard (yeah, I said it).

you see the video for this?! that shit is horrible!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    what's up with cham's laughably explicit hooks?

I>This is the evening news, this is the eeevning new-ews/I>
    I>I'm the bill collectooor I'm the bill collectooor, the bill collectoor is com-ing/I>
    I>We're breaking up, we're breaking up, we're breaking upppp/I>

it's like dude we get the concept.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I find his style really boring....I tried to get into Mixtape Messiah 3, but didn't find it too appealing. Maybe I'm still not down with Texas Rap, who knows.

Carpetbaggeur alert!

Chamillionaire begins his new album with a stanza that should chasten anyone who has ever wished rappers would address current events:

Terror alert, victory, I stay dropping that bombness

Rosie O???Donnell and Donald Trump stay arguing about nonsense

Would they treat me as good as Hugh Hef??? if I had a mansion full of blond chicks?

If adultery was a felony then Clinton would be a convict

you see the video for this?! that shit is horrible!!

Yeah, the video makes a bad song so much worse....

• cascas 1,484 Posts

Chamillionaire begins his new album with a stanza that should chasten anyone who has ever wished rappers would address current events:

Would they treat me as good as Hugh Hef??? if I had a mansion full of blond chicks?

REEEEEMIX ***airhorn***

terror alert, victory, i stay hanging with the holmeses
    rootlesscos and harvey stay arguing about nonsense
    would they treat me as good as supreme if i had played records blonde chicks could get with?
    if corny posting was a felony then yuichi would be a convict.

REEEEEMIX ***airhorn***

Carpetbaggeur alert!

Any album in creation could be cherry-picked for just the right silly lines to make it seem awful.

Warren G misppelled the word "next" on Regulate: The G Funk Era...therefore let's find 3 other silly lines on there, not talk about the music itself on it one bit, and chalk it up as a ridiculous album.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

REEEEEMIX ***airhorn***

terror alert, victory, i stay hanging with the holmeses
    rootlesscos and harvey stay arguing about nonsense
    would they treat me as good as supreme if i had played records blonde chicks could get with?
    if corny posting was a felony then yuichi would be a convict.

REEEEEMIX ***airhorn***

Carpetbaggeur alert!

Any album in creation could be cherry-picked for just the right silly lines to make it seem awful.

Quoting the opening stanza of the album's main single and opening track isn't exactly "cherrypicking".

Carpetbaggeur alert!

Quoting the opening stanza of the album's main single and opening track isn't exactly "cherrypicking".

Has Evening News ever been decided on as a single? I know they did a video for it, but I've yet to hear it on the radio down here...as I hear Hip Hop Police on the regular.

And hell yes, dude cherry-picked some negatives in order not to have to address the positives.

Although he brags about rapping ???with a purpose,??? he might be better when he???s rapping without one.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how utterly bullshit such a closing line is from any perspective I can imagine under the sun.

To really believe that there is such a clear-cut distiction in Cham's skill-set between when he's rapping about trivial stuff and when he's rapping about more serious stuff is a matter of projection if I've ever heard of one.

I'm actually glad that Cham is being reviewed in the NY Times...but they should try getting someone to write it who isn't going to only listen to the album as much as he needs to in order to fill in the holes of his pre-set-for-negative-review template.

I mean, even if the album does suck, writer dude didn't even come close to convincing me that it sucks.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I>Ra-shieds's the cheerleader, he's the cheer-leed-er-er/I>

Carpetbaggeur alert!

Has Evening News ever been decided on as a single? I know they did a video for it, but I've yet to hear it on the radio down here...as I hear Hip Hop Police on the regular.

Uh, dude, you not hearing it on the radio has nothing to with whether or not it's a single--it has to do with the fact that nobody likes it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Just one thing. CHAMILLITARY MAANNN.

• Carpetbaggeur alert!

Uh, dude, you not hearing it on the radio has nothing to with whether or not it's a single--it has to do with the fact that nobody likes it.

I don't think you understand - if it's not on the radio in Texas, it just does not exist.