What about Chamillionaire?

2»

Comments

• Carpetbaggeur alert!

Chamillionaire begins his new album with a stanza that should chasten anyone who has ever wished rappers would address current events:

Terror alert, victory, I stay dropping that bombness

Rosie O???Donnell and Donald Trump stay arguing about nonsense

Would they treat me as good as Hugh Hef??? if I had a mansion full of blond chicks?

If adultery was a felony then Clinton would be a convict

Any album in creation could be cherry-picked for just the right silly lines to make it seem awful.

Quoting the opening stanza of the album's main single and opening track isn't exactly "cherrypicking".

Has Evening News ever been decided on as a single? I know they did a video for it, but I've yet to hear it on the radio down here...as I hear Hip Hop Police on the regular.

Uh, dude, you not hearing it on the radio has nothing to with whether or not it's a single--it has to do with the fact that nobody likes it.

I don't think you understand - if it's not on the radio in Texas, it just does not exist.

Its not on the radio out here in LA either that i have heard and the only single I have seen is hip-hop Police which is dope.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Carpetbaggeur alert!

Chamillionaire begins his new album with a stanza that should chasten anyone who has ever wished rappers would address current events:

Terror alert, victory, I stay dropping that bombness

Rosie O???Donnell and Donald Trump stay arguing about nonsense

Would they treat me as good as Hugh Hef??? if I had a mansion full of blond chicks?

If adultery was a felony then Clinton would be a convict

Any album in creation could be cherry-picked for just the right silly lines to make it seem awful.

Quoting the opening stanza of the album's main single and opening track isn't exactly "cherrypicking".

Has Evening News ever been decided on as a single? I know they did a video for it, but I've yet to hear it on the radio down here...as I hear Hip Hop Police on the regular.

Uh, dude, you not hearing it on the radio has nothing to with whether or not it's a single--it has to do with the fact that nobody likes it.

If Chamillionaire puts out any single...including Not a Crimnial...it gets played on the radio here...whether people you like it or not.

• (From ???The Ultimate Vacation???: It ain???t no carpet on the floor, like they renovating/Palm trees like my old homeboys ??? hella [/b] shady.???)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    "The Ultimate Vacation"

Reynaldo Rap

Case in[/b] point of faux champing[/b] at the bit to pile hate on Chamillionaire.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Just one thing. CHAMILLITARY MAANNN.

"stupid post! spend 30 minutes on the bench...regroup then try again."

You know what?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, how do I put this?

This album isn't very good.

"Come Back to the Streets" is definitely that jam...and ultimately that's the kind of info I would have liked to see a NY TImes review mention first and foremost before engaging in trashing a good dude's intellect.

But yeah, the beats on here are lacking...even worse than on Cham's previous album.

I could surely see "Bill Collecta" become a hit in the wake of "Ridin"...and I wouldn't be mad at that.

And I pretty much find something to like about what Cham does lyrically on each song throughout the album...so it's not like this is total trash by any means.

Overall it's just missing something significant...and that's a shame.

You know what?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, how do I put this?

This album isn't very good.

"Come Back to the Streets" is definitely that jam...and ultimately that's the kind of info I would have liked to see a NY TImes review mention first and foremost before engaging in trashing a good dude's intellect.

But yeah, the beats on here are lacking...even worse than on Cham's previous album.

I could surely see "Bill Collecta" become a hit in the wake of "Ridin"...and I wouldn't be mad at that.

And I pretty much find something to like about what Cham does lyrically on each song throughout the album...so it's not like this is total trash by any means.

Overall it's just missing something significant...and that's a shame.

Color me shocked.

• Who cares about Chamillionaire? It's record day!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    except T-Pain sucks.
    zzzz

yeah that's boring, me personally I'd say it like:

"I'd like to lock T-Pain and Akon in a room with no food and then shoot whoever survives"

• Case in[/b] point of faux champing[/b] at the bit to pile hate on Chamillionaire.

Didn't Faux turn you onto the Cham and Paul Wall "Get Ya Mind Correct?"

Case in[/b] point of faux champing[/b] at the bit to pile hate on Chamillionaire.

!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    damn, i sold him a beat for this record and he never used it.

would have been better than that garbage,

• Case in[/b] point of faux champing[/b] at the bit to pile hate on Chamillionaire.

!!!

Did I imagine that or is it true?

!!!

Not in the least. I was listening to those Get Ya Mind Correct tracks pre-album, back when they were posted on Swishahouse's message board.

!!!

Not in the least. I was listening to those Get Ya Mind Correct tracks pre-album, back when they were posted on Swishahouse's message board.

Please don't lie.

You are a well-known cultural interlopeur, who relies upon people like me to tell you what is the real.