GN'R LIES (slept on related)

13»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Now, the comparisons of Jimmy Page and Keith Richards to Slash are hilarious. For one, Slash would never have existed without them. Second, Slash could never in his wildest dreams (nor in reality, for that matter) come close to composing the brilliant QUALITY of material that Page and Richards have. Dude can shred, no doubt about that... but c'mon... he doesn't even come close to touching Eddie Van Halen. You dare compare Slash to Page and Richards? CRACKSMOKERY!!!

It's not even Slash's shredding that I'm talking about. Slash had a knack for being able to play in a subtle, accentuating-the-funk style that in many cases was more adept than decades worth of Richards/Page/and you might as well throw Clapton in there as well ever could.

This would be more overt an example than I'm alluding to here, but simply listen to Slash on Lenny Kravitz's "Always on the Run"...and with that alone, he sonned the entirety of all of England's guitarists ever on how to most accurately portray black American funk.

So I'll say it a third time now, Richards and Page could only ever hope to get that one particular thing down as well as Slash could seemingly could in his sleep.

It's OK, no amount of quoting Lenny Kravitz riffs is gonna change the fact that you are wrong and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. I feel so sad for you.... please leave.... you're embarrassing yourself.

Whatever, you pompous dinosaur.

• Now, the comparisons of Jimmy Page and Keith Richards to Slash are hilarious. For one, Slash would never have existed without them. Second, Slash could never in his wildest dreams (nor in reality, for that matter) come close to composing the brilliant QUALITY of material that Page and Richards have. Dude can shred, no doubt about that... but c'mon... he doesn't even come close to touching Eddie Van Halen. You dare compare Slash to Page and Richards? CRACKSMOKERY!!!

It's not even Slash's shredding that I'm talking about. Slash had a knack for being able to play in a subtle, accentuating-the-funk style that in many cases was more adept than decades worth of Richards/Page/and you might as well throw Clapton in there as well ever could.

This would be more overt an example than I'm alluding to here, but simply listen to Slash on Lenny Kravitz's "Always on the Run"...and with that alone, he sonned the entirety of all of England's guitarists ever on how to most accurately portray black American funk.

So I'll say it a third time now, Richards and Page could only ever hope to get that one particular thing down as well as Slash could seemingly could in his sleep.

It's OK, no amount of quoting Lenny Kravitz riffs is gonna change the fact that you are wrong and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. I feel so sad for you.... please leave.... you're embarrassing yourself.

Whatever, you pompous dinosaur.

Still wrong... go cry yourself to sleep listening to the mindblowingly groundbreaking "Mama Said" album...

douche...

OH, and be sure to say hi to the rest of the folks at the small penis ranch....

yeah, that just happened....

• Any references to Lenny Kravitz when discussing good, quality rock music may not be entered into the strut record because of wackness, tepidness and lameness.

• Any references to Lenny Kravitz when discussing good, quality rock music may not be entered into the strut record because of wackness, tepidness and lameness.

Positive reference to Lenny Kravitz, offense! 10 yards, loss of down!

Positive reference to Lenny Kravitz, offense! 10 yards, loss of down!

Ha! that says it better than I did...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Is that Lenny Kravitz tune the one that's a piss-poor knock-off of David Bowie's "Fame", which in itself was fairly derivative? I believe it is. Can anyone here tell me whether Lenny Kravitz has ever had anything you could describe as being even in the same time zone as an original idea?

That you choose to single out Slash's contribution to a fairly pedestrian funk-rock one-chorder for particular praise is a bit strange to me. While his solo on that song is pretty good, there's little about the groove that ought to be beyond any decent rhythm player. There's absolutely nothing about it that would ever convince me it'd scare Jimmy Page or Keith Richards or anyone else into an extra hours' practise a day, no matter how many times you say it.