ladymixmaster (should i risk it son related)

shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
the list is off the fucking chimney pole right now. anyone deal with this seller? accurate grading? timely shipping?

Comments

• well they better come through or they will probably get tossed from ebay with the amoutn of heat they have up there.

98% feedback isn't THAT low even with nearly 8000 feedback.

that said i wouldn't risk it but that's just me.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    she is a he....

i heard he gave rob one's family (r.i.p. legend) a raw deal on his wax, or something...

there's a discussion on VE about him, conflicting reports about grading conditions. MINTS being VG's... etc.

peace.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Yeah this is out of control. All heat.

• I've been burnt by this fool in the past, records just never turned up !!!
    You should probably give the auctions a wide berth as many people seem unhappy with the condition of the vinyl they receive...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    hi,

There has been a lot of talk about this seller on different message boards. google the name & things will come up...Personally, I've had some okay dealings with him/her, but I've also gotten some records that were graded so-so. I wouldn't spend big dollars on them. If you got some $$$,just call a repuatable shop & spare yourself some drama.

peace

h

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Bought one 12" off this seller a while back and didn't have any problems. The grading was a little under par but I wasn't asshurt over it or anything.

I have certainly heard a fair variety of comments about this seller though - I don't know if I'd risk it again, son.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    DO IT.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I thought this was Rob's fiancee? Stef would know....

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I got a record way overgraded one time a couple years ago, and I will never buy from ladymixmaster again. Mad heat right now though, it is tempting.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    THE RECORD IS NICE,BUT GO UP AND DOWN LIKE A CAMEL

I wouldn't trust a seller with negative feedback like that, given all the stories people have as well. Unless they pull a and post here to explain themselves they get no bids from me.

I wouldn't trust a seller with negative feedback like that, given all the stories people have as well. Unless they pull a and post here to explain themselves they get no bids from me.

• I got a record way overgraded one time a couple years ago, and I will never buy from ladymixmaster again. Mad heat right now though, it is tempting.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    vastly over graded records condition. ignored requests for refund... Buyer:
    cocaineblunts ( 848 [Feedback score is 500 to 999] )
    Jan-24-06 05:35

fuck that fraud.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i won a record recently from he/she. they were slow (read: never) to respond to emails. so i had to call them up... spoke to the dude 1/2 of LMM, he was helpful and the record arrived in a timely manner, and not at all overgraded.

my guess is that when a seller is moving that kinda of volume on the reg, grading tends to be spotty/shoddy (like funkyou back in the day)

but yeah, mad amounts of heat right now. got my emails notifications yesterday and half of them were for LMM auctions!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    CRY BABY. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES.

this dude is comedy.
    I think I may have gotten an item or 2 in the past...I wouldn't bid much though... I think the records I got were overgraded too. but I don't remember any other issues.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    I thought this was Rob's fiancee? Stef would know....

i remembered hearing about that. and it's just been confirmed by a reliable source (mahalo l!).

yeah, aside from all the misgrading and timing issues, i won't be bidding on any of this sellers shit because of what this person's done to rob's fam, people, and fans.

straight up.

• I've bought some hip hop stuff a few times from ladymixmaster. I think the grading was inaccurate in most cases, but I never paid enough to get upset about it. It was close enough to what they described. I didn't have any major problems.

All those negatives look pretty bad though.

• i won a record recently from he/she. they were slow (read: never) to respond to emails. so i had to call them up... spoke to the dude 1/2 of LMM, he was helpful and the record arrived in a timely manner, and not at all overgraded.

my guess is that when a seller is moving that kinda of volume on the reg, grading tends to be spotty/shoddy (like funkyou back in the day)

but yeah, mad amounts of heat right now. got my emails notifications yesterday and half of them were for LMM auctions!

same here with the ebay email notifications.

I'm not sure, but I always thought he/she was on ebay before 2003 under a different alias with many negative feedbacks. Can't remember who he was before and why I had this impressionn, but I got burned off by this person and I think that's why I never bought again from him.

a better feedback rate will make it easier now. But if you look at his feedbacks, a lot of jazz collectors were happy with the records in the last months, so I think it may be worth trying it now again considering the records he offers now.
    but: I think prices will go up again on the rare

• yea i bought one piece from them and the grading was definately not what they claimed it to be. they said it was opened but new and unplayed, and in no way was it that. closer to vg+ with easily seen marks. they also took their precious time to send it to me, over a month.....

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    That list of records is REfuckingdiculous

I wonder if this dude just got a whole collection of heat and is selling it in one foul swoop or whether he was waiting and building up the heat and now is flipping it all at once?? there is too much craziness in there!

• hey give it chance & bid on the sealed records.
    I was looking at "Blair" VG+ but I'll bought you it's more like Hammered Plus PLus

I wonder if this dude just got a whole collection of heat and is selling it in one foul swoop[/b] or whether he was waiting and building up the heat and now is flipping it all at once?? there is too much craziness in there!

I'm sorry but I can't help it: it's one fell swoop.

• its a he. it is not lizette. it is a dude from LA named randy. im not going to comment on others business practices. perhaps my "no comment" speaks for itself.

• now those records are out of control and they look clean because the obviously come from a large collection.
    so condition is not an issue. the only issue is if he you are actually going to receive the records.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    now those records are out of control and they look clean because the obviously come from a large collection.
    so condition is not an issue. the only issue is if he you are actually going to receive the records.

'Sup AP: how's the exhibits coming? You showing in LA anytime soon?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

I wonder if this dude just got a whole collection of heat and is selling it in one foul swoop[/b] or whether he was waiting and building up the heat and now is flipping it all at once?? there is too much craziness in there!

I'm sorry but I can't help it: it's one fell swoop.

Damn! thanks dude , i should have realized that 'foul swoop' didn't make much sense. Kinda like if I said "Word is born".

• i should have realized that 'foul swoop' didn't make much sense.

Unless of course you meant foul Soup[/b]

I bought one supposedly VG+ record from LMM years ago....it was more along VG if that. Never again.

• hey give it chance & bid on the sealed records.

Two words: California Playboys

• it's a he. it is not lisette. it is a dude from LA.