Current Stand-up COMEDIANS (Who's good?)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Here's some of my favs at the moment...Zach GalifianakisImage Hosted by ImageShack.usLouis CKImage Hosted by ImageShack.usDavid CrossImage Hosted by ImageShack.usRicky GervaisImage Hosted by ImageShack.usDemetri Martin Image Hosted by ImageShack.usJim GaffiganImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

Comments

• Patton Oswalt

Brian Posehn

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Patton Oswalt

yep

paul f. tompkins
    kristen shaal
    h. jon benjamin (with david cross)

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Havent seen his stand up, but Aziz Ansari has been killing it lately...

Pete Dominick killed it when I saw him a couple months back....

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

BIZZO
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That guy DeRay slays me every time.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    Ron Josol is one of my recent favourites. I like Daryn Jones as well, though the Buzz has been canceled for a couple years and he's on MTV now.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQBy2NB0CUw

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

Jim Gaffigan
    have you had the hot pocket hot pocket? they put a hot pocket inside of a hot pocket. it tastes just like a hot pocket....

i'm still a big fan of dave chappelle too.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Pretty funny guy, that ghetto ass Freddy Cruger w/ spoons bit was killin it.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

This is the first I've heard of these...

• dave attel

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Nick Swardson
    I haven't seen his stand-up for a minute - but his old comedy central special was hilarious (surprisingly enough for Comedy Central)
    And he's the Gay Robot.

Bill Maher and Lewis Black still kill it.

Speaking of which - did anyone see Bob Saget's new special on HBO? I was reeeeeaaaaaaal amp'd for it - ended up really sucking.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Speaking of which - did anyone see Bob Saget's new special on HBO? I was reeeeeaaaaaaal amp'd for it - ended up really sucking.

Serious I totally fell asleep during that.

If they took the audio and put it over video of a homeless guy ranting on the street corner, it totally would have been about the same. It's was sort of like Patton Oswalt's bit about Dr. Pepper's open mic set at the Yuk Yuks in Toronto.

• Patton Oswalt

Brian Posehn

Whoa, these were the exact two I was gonna say in this exact same order.

I found out I'm gonna get to design a Patton Oswalt LP cover and I'm feelin' kinda about that.

Also, Maria Bamford is kinda killin' it.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Lisa Lampanelli. I saw a stand up routine of hers a while back that was pretty funny.

• Speaking of which - did anyone see Bob Saget's new special on HBO? I was reeeeeaaaaaaal amp'd for it - ended up really sucking.

Serious I totally fell asleep during that.

If they took the audio and put it over video of a homeless guy ranting on the street corner, it totally would have been about the same. It's was sort of like Patton Oswalt's bit about Dr. Pepper's open mic set at the Yuk Yuks in Toronto.

I knew that fucker wasn't funny. His whole deal is "look at me I'm that dude but I'm cursin and shit. Fuckin A!".

Still, his cameo in "Half Baked" always kills.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

I found out I'm gonna get to design a Patton Oswalt LP cover and I'm feelin' kinda about that.

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

This is the first I've heard of these...

HMMMMMM.. FAILURE PILE

Patton Oswalt, on a roll.
    Funny thing on a KFC commercial recently they were pushing all the items individually on a plate that you can eat with a fork and spoon... almost like they were saying "shit, he's right, this brown goop pile we created is really pathetic"

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

congratulations man!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    The Doug Stanhope standup special that's on showtime right now is fuckin funny

cosine on Patton Oswalt, his new CD is the funniest shit I've heard recently.

Also, I hate to admit it, but Joe Rogans standup special I just saw recently was pretty damn funny too.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    DANE COOK!!!

IS TERRIBLE!!!

But def yes to Patton Oswalt, saw him recently with Sara Silverman. He did about 15 min at the very end and just slayed the entire room. Dude is a gifted comedian. Stock seems pretty low on Chapelle right now too, but he's still in his prime. I'd bet within a year or two he'll come out with some more top notch stand up.