ARE ICE CREAMS POPULAR IN YOUR LOCAL BLACK EXP?

Comments

• Panama Jack?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

That yellow and blue shit is actually kinda cool.

• I would wear 97% of clothing pictured in that picture(obviously,not the G-Unit shirt!)

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    whats w/ porkie pig in baby blue on the left??

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Perhaps s/he sidled up for the photo-op.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I see way more kids trying to look like Fresh Price era Will Smith than Pharrell clones on the NYC skreets these days. Especially downtown, you can't walk 50 feet without seeing five dudes in nylon windbreakers, tight jeans, and Skittles colored hi-top retro b-ball kicks. Rope chains seem to be making a big comeback too.

yup... i have seen a few of these guys as well here in Philly... fairly tight fit jeans and euro-cut t-shirts, dookie gold chains, graffiti print caps twisted to the side and retro kicks.
    Now how about this: what up with the young dudes wearing this dressy style of gear, like really colorful button up shirts, sometimes with equally loud ties even, with the shirts tucked in showing big fancy belt buckles, sometimes plaid pants with matching newsboy-style caps and of course the crazy colored nikes or BAPES or whatever these kids are wearing... like they on some early 90s In Living Color schitt? What up with THAT?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Now how about this: what up with the young dudes wearing this dressy style of gear, like really colorful button up shirts, sometimes with equally loud ties even, with the shirts tucked in showing big fancy belt buckles, sometimes plaid pants with matching newsboy-style caps and of course the crazy colored nikes or BAPES or whatever these kids are wearing... like they on some early 90s In Living Color schitt? What up with THAT?

May be a Philly thing--I don't think I've seen that in NY.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

May be a Philly thing--I don't think I've seen that in NY.

i first heard about some kids in Brooklyn gettin' down like this, like it was the newest new schitt happenin'. then i seen a couple of young, like 15-16 yr old cats here in Philly rockin' this schitt. i think it's like a MOVEMENT or something

• It's supposed to be a technical skate shoe, and they have some pretty good skaters on their team, so I'm not surprised that they're comfortable. But gotdamn those things are hideous.

The Ice Cream skate team is kind of a joke, actually.

When your best skater is Terry Kennedy,
    you have problems...

• There' a strong teenage Homo-Thug presence Uptown these days.

i said this last year and got flamed (no pun intended). on the weekend, the pharrel-wannabe-out-of-the-closet gay dudes are pretty much everywhere i look in philly.

[seinfeld] not that there is anything wrong with that [/costanza]

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

nah man every picture on that site is on some weird black hip hop dudes hanging with awkward euro stamp collectors. this "society" they've got going on is making for some STRANGE bedfellows. pas-ue. actually this site is COMEDY.

plaese to explain what part of the game this is:

philipino b-boy types and soccer dads fesh off the ski mountain. together at last!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

nah man every picture on that site is on some weird black hip hop dudes hanging with awkward euro stamp collectors. this "society" they've got going on is making for some STRANGE bedfellows. pas-ue. actually this site is COMEDY.

plaese to explain what part of the game this is:

philipino b-boy types and soccer dads fesh off the ski mountain. together at last!

Do they have their own discussion board?

• whats so different about dudes collecting vintage Polo shit and getting together to show off who has what...and record nerds collecting vintage records and getting together to show off who has what? Same thing if you ask me.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Start stockpiling that Helly Hansen.

my nautica gear will be coming out in about 2-3 yrs methinks.

^^^TRYING TO BE JUST BLAZE, ONLY WITH NAUTICA GEAR.

the super-size gold chain, which is known as a dookie rope.

• you want to put those guys in your mouth???

Fast food shit.

Fast food shit.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    People get shit so twisted! We can only blame the generation before us that gave birth to all these Tamagatchis!

For me this is all kind of funny because it's proof society just set their kids down in front of the television and got lit up alllll fucking day, so the only shit they took with them into this century is goddamn Nickelodeon and cocaine! No substance! They say in the article it comes from the influence of Theo Huxtable haha and Run DMC! Theo Huxtable wore many a christmas sweater, but he never looked like a fucking De La Soul Christmas Tree!

Run DMC? I mean, seriously those motherfuckers wear nothing but black and now one of them is clergy, they were wearing clerical clothes with leather jackets and fucking sneakers the whole time!

North face too, like a mind your own fucking business jacket. Why would they associate that shit with hypercolor? If these kids really wanted to fucking stress this retro shit hardcore you'd see Freaky Freezies and other classic shit, on ebay for a mint. But they don't remember because they came up post Back to the Future(Doc- "1985?!?!?!?!").

Folks our age might be mildly entertained but it is in no way an homage to the past! It's the same experience for those from the era who're into your shoes or your haircut, as it is seeing the cultural lag from kids in other countries when it comes to styles from the States. It's amusing, but it's like another dimension!

ALLLL this shit looks like Cross Colors to me, so it's even more funny that the original shit isn't popular (At least I think these street couture types would scoff at that shit, and all these colors are from the fucking 90s!) How come that shit isn't up on ebay? Is it because its undocumented? Back in the day that shit was the sensation, went from kmart to nordstroms overnight. I even STOLE their fucking jeans to fit in back in middleschool! Has everyone forgot? They even spelled their name with a U didn't they? Didn't that please the internationals enough to sensationalize this shit!!!?!?!?! Life would do me right if someone bid hundreds of dollars on some cross colors, what a day of reckoning that would be. hahaha.

My day of reckoning came when the kid in the Pokemon shirt asked me where the Narcotics Anonymous meeting was being held on the street this past year! My mind turned into mush!!

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Those ice creams look like they suck as a skate shoe too, thats what nikes fucking up too, people jumping down double sets want a fucking airbubble, and they don't want a skinny running shoe, they want something fat, unless they got more mature tastes and they like wearing canvas, or something plain and conventional like some pumas like the Donger wears, but he's asian and I'm taking a stereotypical guess that they got some slim feet. The wide shoes have left the building in skateboarding and I don't get it!

These Ice Creams aren't selling all that well though, my boy from puerto rico picked up like 6 of them for $20 a piece somewhere he found, and he said they were going to get him pussy for months out there. Pussy attained from the bargain bin. If I could only adopt the same formula to records....

• Hahaha! And a lot of these kids think they invented the shit.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Hahaha, sometimes it's best just to step back and let the kids have their shit*.

*this shit is over a year old too

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Im definitely not this cranky, read again. I get off on this shit if only for laughs, but it still lends to some nostalgia. If you think I'm that bitter cause Freaky Freezies or Cross Colors aren't commanding dough on ebay you don't understand my sarcasm. Or the part about the kid in the Pokemon shirt having to go to NA. Someone should make a Doc from BTTF gremlin saying "1985?" for this board though, those things are funny as shit. That would be fantastic.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

commendations on a choice depiction of a grumpy old man, it got me laughing extra hard at myself

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

1985?!?

people jumping down double sets want a fucking airbubble

I can appreciate the air bubble.