ARE ICE CREAMS POPULAR IN YOUR LOCAL BLACK EXP?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ice Creams w/ the all-over diamond print got some run in my LBE for a minute. Especially when Farrell had more of a street buzz. Magazines/media were tryin to make these out to be the next thing. The Reebok/Farrell relationship fell thru.And Cats just was feelin an entire line of creamy colors. The packaging seemed cool ( Ice Cream Box), but nah, cats aint fuckin w/ these joints. 2004/5 steez.

I am seeing more and more dudes dressed like Pharrell in Harlem lately. I don't think most of those cats are actually from Harlem, though--more like dudes that recently moved to NY in hopes of working in fashion and are now sharing a Harlem apartment with 12 other aspiring fashion dudes. In other words: still not cool to be.

There' a strong teenage Homo-Thug presence Uptown these days. Ipods w/ sparkly black t-shirts. Beyond styles. The younger gen is def more colorful w/ their styles. Even though these kids werent around for the Yellow Denim Cross Colours days.

Well, I didn't wanna speculate about dudes' sexuality... but, yeah.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I am seeing more and more dudes dressed like Pharrell .

I thought my kid was a weirdo until i realized all the kids are dressing like this.....Hollister for days

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts

There' a strong teenage Homo-Thug presence Uptown these days.

plaese to explain homo thug?

• I have been in Harlem for 2 weeks now and havent really seen many Pharrell look-a-likes but there's some here no doubt.

One place where Im sure Ice Cream would go down a storm is Berlin. Everybody seem so arty-farty there but not so much homo-thuggish more of a "Im a photographer, painter, writer, journalist, graphic designer, video-editor, fashion deisgner, dj and muscian etc etc" type people.

They would love that shit!

Dress

• I have NEVER seen a pair of Ice Creams in real life..only on the net/mags. This is a GOOD thing.

Now fake Bapes/Jordans/Nikes..is a different story...ehh..

• There' a strong teenage Homo-Thug presence Uptown these days.

plaese to explain homo thug?

That was the best Valentines day, EVER! 3 xxxooo 3

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I see way more kids trying to look like Fresh Price era Will Smith than Pharrell clones on the NYC skreets these days. Especially downtown, you can't walk 50 feet without seeing five dudes in nylon windbreakers, tight jeans, and Skittles colored hi-top retro b-ball kicks. Rope chains seem to be making a big comeback too.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about, I see dudes dressed like this everyday now:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The 80's retro thing has been bubblin for a minute. last summer is when i saw it explode. at the Hip Hop awards there was this crew of cats who were Ebayed down head to to w/ retro gear. And they stood out from the rest of the crowd who only seem to be recycling 80 shit on a general level. These cats have appeared in various mags at the time. Some Brooklyn dudes at that. Shit is peaking righty now, but i dont expect it to last past 2010-11, where the real forward lookin cats are going to be mining the 90's.
    That Fresh Prince/Neon Plastics steez is cool w/ me, but its really hyper exaggerated and not true to form.

• I love me some retro/vintage gear..dont get me wrong..but you would probably get robbed or your ass kick wearing that shit around here(the pic above). If anything you would get harrassed so bad on the street you would never come outside again.

Shit is peaking righty now, but i dont expect it to last past 2010-11, where the real forward lookin cats are going to be mining the 90's.

I am already seeing this, although not uptown. Dudes in vintage Tommy, etc. from circa when I was in high school.

Start stockpiling that Helly Hansen.

I love me some retro/vintage gear..dont get me wrong..but you would probably get robbed or your ass kick wearing that shit around here(the pic above). If anything you would get harrassed so bad on the street you would never come outside again.

Thet do look a bit costumey.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

my nautica gear will be coming out in about 2-3 yrs methinks.

• Shit is peaking righty now, but i dont expect it to last past 2010-11, where the real forward lookin cats are going to be mining the 90's.

I am already seeing this, although not uptown. Dudes in vintage Tommy, etc. from circa when I was in high school.

It's all about the 'lo, fellas..

my nautica gear will be coming out in about 2-3 yrs methinks.

Summer of '08 you might catch me in the throwback Nautica van.

Shit is peaking righty now, but i dont expect it to last past 2010-11, where the real forward lookin cats are going to be mining the 90's.

Polo is gonna be the regular dudes retro.

• Shit is peaking righty now, but i dont expect it to last past 2010-11, where the real forward lookin cats are going to be mining the 90's.

Polo is gonna be the regular dudes retro.
    So be it

Early 90s North Face

• yeah, I like that shit..although I didnt rock it back then..it was strictly Polo,Hilfiger and Nautica as far as the department store steez went. Thank god for shoplifting.

• check out the forum on that website to see how ridiculous all that shit goes for now...mega buck$

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey SC,

For me, it was all about the Benetton, Generra, Structure/Limited Express, and Bugle Boy (mid 80's-early 90's steeze).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Hey SC,

For me, it was all about the Benetton, Generra, Structure/Limited Express, and Bugle Boy.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

whoa! I prided myself on never setting foot in the Structure store back in high school...as dumb as that is, now that I think about it.

For me, it was all about the Benetton, Generra, Structure/Limited Express, and Bugle Boy (mid 80's-early 90's steeze).

Benetton was that 80's shit, but i could never fit into their Euro sizes.

• I used to have a crazy hookup in one of the Dillards around here in '94-'95. Some dumb fuck working the Polo section used to let me and my boy know who the "secret shoppers" were, what employees from other departments within the store kept an eye out on the Polo section, and which cameras were legit and all that...all in trade for us promising to start hooking him up with a steady ecstasy connect. We delayed that shit for as long as possible(because at that time I had no real xtc connect) and robbed that place blind until he ended up quitting/getting fired/or whatever the hell happened to his dorky ass.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

and

Wore em in the 80's, still wearing em today.

• Quiksilver+Billabong+Rusty=brands I refuse to wear

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Quiksilver+Billabong+Rusty=brands I refuse to wear

Quiksilver is hit or miss, but its hits are awesome...especially for short sleeve shirts.

The step-up from that would be a non-touristy Reyn Spooner.

I've had a few pairs of Billabong shorts over the years...always nice.

Never had any Rusty anything.

My favorite pair of shorts right now = Op corduroy cargo.

And I'm wearing a Timberland shirt right now as we speak. It's probably over 10 years old and still just what I like in a shirt.

Plus I got on a pair of Vans...yes, in the office.

But yeah, I freely admit that I'm not the guy to set style standards on.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    lol @ stussy upthread

I fucks w/ Quicksilver.

• What about Hobie?