ARE ICE CREAMS POPULAR IN YOUR LOCAL BLACK EXP?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
i seen a LOT of young dudes rockin these at Disneyland last week. Are these really popular in some areas? i don't think that I have ever seen anybody wear them in Philly (though i must say I really don't pay much attention to the kids these days unless they're walking too close to my Lexus... in those cases i quickly hit the door locks then go back to ignoring them)

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    in those cases i quickly hit the door locks then go back to ignoring them)

You really should clutch your man purse too.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    They got Ice Creams in the shops all up and down South Street. I don't see that many people flexing them outside of that area, though. Maybe sometimes at the corner of 40/Walnut on any given Friday or Saturday night. Come to think of it, I've been seeing a lot of neons lately.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    cupcake shit. no self-respecting man should rock these.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I saw some dude dump off 3 big ass boxes of those at a second hand spot. thats about the only time i've seen them. never on anyone's feet.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Saw them once. Ever. Ugly shit.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    Some of my little duns rock some extremely questionable colorful nonsense, but I've never seen em come to the studio in Ice Creams.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Some of my little duns rock some extremely questionable colorful nonsense, but I've never seen em come to the studio in Ice Creams.

the young duns in my school are more into fake Bapes, but school starts next week, we will see what's up with local experience for this Fall.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    cupcake shit. no self-respecting man should rock these.

Yea whatever. I wanna see you try to say that shit to The_Mack's face!

• Options
    I didn't even realize you were talking about the shoes, and was about to spout off about Bomb Pops and Dixie Cups. I've never seen anyone out here wearing a pair.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    The ice cream store in Japan was pretty sick. It was set up like a ice cream parlor inside the bape store. The shoes are still crap though.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    they are not that bad compared to bapes. But thats not saying much. They are being championed by the RnB crowd here in sydney where people fork out big bucks to rock clothes that make them look like pre schoolers.

• Don't they cost under a hundred dollars? No ones gonna be caught dead in that shit.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Hatters[/b]

• in those cases i quickly hit the door locks then go back to ignoring them)

.....oh, wait...

• I've never seen anyone out here wearing a pair.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Hatters[/b]

i gotta say, those look ok.

• They look like a poor man's Adidas.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Hatters[/b]

i gotta say, those look ok.

Yea, but imagine if that was Pap that had taken the picture instead.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts

I've never seen anyone out here wearing a pair.

You'll have to step your rnb game up then

• I've never seen anyone out here wearing a pair.

You'll have to step your rnb game up then

Maybe when I'm in Sydney next you can show me the hot spots

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    never that son. the local teens seem to be into fake bapes, af1's and whatever jeweled, all over print, neon hoody that's the flavor (no pun intended)of the week.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ice Creams w/ the all-over diamond print got some run in my LBE for a minute. Especially when Farrell had more of a street buzz. Magazines/media were tryin to make these out to be the next thing. The Reebok/Farrell relationship fell thru.And Cats just was feelin an entire line of creamy colors. The packaging seemed cool ( Ice Cream Box), but nah, cats aint fuckin w/ these joints. 2004/5 steez.
    I wonder if the more local loyal following in VA would hold on to these?

This was a quick minute ago.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    well, they sure was rockin them schitts hard down in orlando last week... don't know where all them folls was originatin' from, though. must be popular somewhere... either that or the clearance sale price was too good to turn down

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

i seen a LOT of young dudes rockin these at Disneyland last week.

was it queer day?

i seen a LOT of young dudes rockin these at Disneyland last week.

was it queer day?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    2004/5 steez.

The pair i have are damn near 2 years old ...nobody wears those shoes anymore and only a few colors were sportable... so i'm thinking they must be heavy at the Shoe Warehouse/Outlets or whatever...I must say though ..those are probably the most comfortable shoes i've had in my life ...

so i'm thinking they must be heavy at the Shoe Warehouse/Outlets or whatever.

Im surprised theyre comfy. I imagined Reebok cutting corners in that area of a shoe like this.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    It's supposed to be a technical skate shoe, and they have some pretty good skaters on their team, so I'm not surprised that they're comfortable. But gotdamn those things are hideous.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ice Creams w/ the all-over diamond print got some run in my LBE for a minute. Especially when Farrell had more of a street buzz. Magazines/media were tryin to make these out to be the next thing. The Reebok/Farrell relationship fell thru.And Cats just was feelin an entire line of creamy colors. The packaging seemed cool ( Ice Cream Box), but nah, cats aint fuckin w/ these joints. 2004/5 steez.

I am seeing more and more dudes dressed like Pharrell in Harlem lately. I don't think most of those cats are actually from Harlem, though--more like dudes that recently moved to NY in hopes of working in fashion and are now sharing a Harlem apartment with 12 other aspiring fashion dudes. In other words: still not cool to be.

I am seeing more and more dudes dressed like Pharrell in Harlem lately. I don't think most of those cats are actually from Harlem, though--more like dudes that recently moved to NY in hopes of working in fashion and are now sharing a Harlem apartment with 12 other aspiring fashion dudes. In other words: still not cool to be.

There' a strong teenage Homo-Thug presence Uptown these days. Ipods w/ sparkly black t-shirts. Beyond styles. The younger gen is def more colorful w/ their styles. Even though these kids werent around for the Yellow Denim Cross Colours days.