SoulStrut NFL Fantasy League '06-'07

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Vincent Jackson or Calvin Johnson?

• Vincent Jackson or Calvin Johnson?

Jackson is the better play for this year. He should be the #1 option at WR for Rivers.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Vincent Jackson or Calvin Johnson?

Jackson is the better play for this year. He should be the #1 option at WR for Rivers.

But I'm thinking: Gates is really the #1 option, and Johnson is #2 in a Martz offense.

I've got the second half of my draft (scheduling, scheduling) tomorrow. Thanks for responding.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm ready 4 this! Got my Ben Roethlisburger FATHEAD staring at me right now.

How does this live draft work any way? (Fantasy newbie)

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    HarvC, no problem if you prefer auto.

ONE SPOT REMAINING

now no spots remaining. Now make sure to leave all the eagles for me. And question for the room: How highly you touting Vince Young?

But I'm thinking: Gates is really the #1 option, and Johnson is #2 in a Martz offense.

I've got the second half of my draft (scheduling, scheduling) tomorrow. Thanks for responding.

I agree that Jackson will not be the main cat but he'll be the best of the WRs out there.

Johnson has to battle w/ Roy Will and Mike Furrey for catches. If it were a dynasty league then by all means I'd say Calvin.

I'm real high on Jackson this year. I could see about 1000 and 8 at least. Calvin I see more like 800 and 6. I could be wrong.

• How highly you touting Vince Young?

I got him as around the 8-10th QB. He just doesn't have a lot of weapons to deal with right now. He'll still make plays on his own. You're counting on the rushing yards and TDs to bring him up to par w/ the other 2nd tier QBs.

I agree that Jackson will not be the main cat but he'll be the best of the WRs out there.

Johnson has to battle w/ Roy Will and Mike Furrey for catches. If it were a dynasty league then by all means I'd say Calvin.

I'm real high on Jackson this year. I could see about 1000 and 8 at least. Calvin I see more like 800 and 6. I could be wrong.

Gates will be the #1 reciever in this offense, of course...I wouldn't doubt it if Tomilson ended up #2 in receptions by the time the years over, who knows though Martz likes to go downfield quite a bit so we'll see.

BTW Young is going to have a big ol' sophmore slump! Who's he going to throw to?

• Who's the sleeper QB? Kitna? Harrington? Culpepper?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Who's the sleeper QB? Kitna? Harrington? Culpepper?

Man, that's the million dolla question right there.

I have a hard time choosing any one of them over the others at this point.

• Who's the sleeper QB? Kitna? Harrington? Culpepper?

Kitna is no sleeper. He threw for 4 Large last year. Second year in a Martz offense plus the top rookie WR?

Manning-Brady-Brees-Palmer-McNabb-Kitna

I could see Harrington having initial success in Petrino's offense for a few games but it won't last all 16.

I think the Raiders are going to surprise some peeps this year and so will Lil' Hands Culpepper. One year contract.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Kitna is no sleeper. He threw for 4 Large last year. Second year in a Martz offense plus the top rookie WR?

As much as I want to hear the Lions make some noise this year, I don't see Kitna leading a team with the power of a Palmer or Brees, let alone McNabb or the others. However, I did get a kick out of that New Year's Eve roll over the Cowboys last year.

I do see what you're saying about him being good for yards, though.

• Who's got Romo in there top 5? He's got some recievers...

• Kitna is no sleeper. He threw for 4 Large last year. Second year in a Martz offense plus the top rookie WR?

As much as I want to hear the Lions make some noise this year, I don't see Kitna leading a team with the power of a Palmer or Brees, let alone McNabb or the others. However, I did get a kick out of that New Year's Eve roll over the Cowboys last year.

I do see what you're saying about him being good for yards, though.

I'm not talking about FOOTBALL, I'm talking about stats. He will rack stats.

• Dogz, Kitna will also rack some SERIOUS INTs. Don't know how that affects Fantasy, but bear that in mind.

• Dogz, Kitna will also rack some SERIOUS INTs. Don't know how that affects Fantasy, but bear that in mind.

INTs don't kill you. If he throws for 300, 2tds, 3 Ints....that's 24 points in the positive and 3 in the negative. Cost of doing business.

I just think, fantasy wise, he's the best of the 2nd tier guys. By far.

I got some other sleepers but we can talk about that after the draft.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Who's got Romo in there top 5? He's got some recievers...

I'm gonna pick nothing but Cowboys!

Who's the sleeper QB? Kitna? Harrington? Culpepper?

I could see Harrington having initial success in Petrino's offense for a few games but it won't last all 16.

I think the Raiders are going to surprise some peeps this year and so will Lil' Hands Culpepper. One year contract.

you rate him ahead of Bulger? I think Kitna will be a solid second tier QB for sure. But I like Vince Young for the alien factor, the fact is dude just is an amazing athlete, has been since Texas, and outstanding athletes have a way of turning guys you've never heard of into great receivers. Does anyone think Reggie Wayne would be a beast wihtout Peyton Manning? At the same time, who knows. The great thing about fantasy is that there is almost always a QB that no one even thinks about taking who lights up the league in the first month. remember Kurt Warner's first year. Remember the first half of last season for Rex Grossman. Just saying. Drafting puts you in a position to win, but wiaver wire work is what wins fantasy football championships.

• Naw, Bulger slipped my mind. Bulger then Kitna.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Here's my team in my ESPN league (This is my first of two drafts for the year).

The league is called "If These Balls Could Talk."

Here's my team in my ESPN league (This is my first of two drafts for the year).

The league is called "If These Balls Could Talk."

who else is in your league? Soccer moms?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It's an eight-team league (hence the deeper pool) that I run at work. Docket and mailroom guys, mostly. As decent as my team looks, I really got screwed with the timing for some of my missed picks. Draft timing is weird sometimes. There are three or four other teams that are pretty good this year.

I draft with the attorneys in one week.

It's an eight-team league (hence the deeper pool) that I run at work. Docket and mailroom guys, mostly. As decent as my team looks, I really got screwed with the timing for some of my missed picks. Draft timing is weird sometimes. There are three or four other teams that are pretty good this year.

I draft with the attorneys in one week.

you have coles and marshaun lynch on your bench, those guys are starters in most leagues. you have the number three QB in my book in mcnabb (only brees and manning ahead of him, brady and palmer are tied with mcnabb probably), the third best running back in larry johnson plus rudi johnson, who is also a number 1 back in most leagues. your wide outs are frickin larry fitzerald and marvin harrison, so that's the number 1 guy and like maybe the number 7 guy! in addition to all that kitna, who starts in most leagues is on the bench. that's a sick team. the fact that only eight people are drafting makes sense now, but still. I mean no one can predict how the season unfolds, who gets injured etc.., but you should win your league. juggernaut/

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to make the draft (family fun weekend). I have no problem doing an autodraft.

• Wrapped up a draft in a SIXTEEN team league. Frickin brutal. This ten team jammie will be a cakewalk compared.

• Y'ALL COMIN TO THE DRAFT?????

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I was just looking through the draft, and I'm nominating Chopper City for best draft. They got 3 legit #1 WRs as the starters (Steve Smith, Roy Williams & Andre Johnson). Plus Larry Johnson in the 8 spot with Cedric Benson as the #2. Only thing I don't like is Philip Rivers as the starter with only Eli Manning backing him up. Solid draft, whoever you are (not sure who this is on soulstrut).

• I was just looking through the draft, and I'm nominating Chopper City for best draft. They got 3 legit #1 WRs as the starters (Steve Smith, Roy Williams & Andre Johnson). Plus Larry Johnson in the 8 spot with Cedric Benson as the #2. Only thing I don't like is Philip Rivers as the starter with only Eli Manning backing him up. Solid draft, whoever you are (not sure who this is on soulstrut).

It's Harvey + AutoDraft. Those are solid WRs. Not sold on Benson yet.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I was just looking through the draft, and I'm nominating Chopper City for best draft. They got 3 legit #1 WRs as the starters (Steve Smith, Roy Williams & Andre Johnson). Plus Larry Johnson in the 8 spot with Cedric Benson as the #2. Only thing I don't like is Philip Rivers as the starter with only Eli Manning backing him up. Solid draft, whoever you are (not sure who this is on soulstrut).

It's Harvey + AutoDraft. Those are solid WRs. Not sold on Benson yet.

Yes, I am definitely sold on Benson...but then again, I don't think ranking him ahead of Jones-Drew, Jacobs, and McGahee is all that much of a stretch.