SoulStrut NFL Fantasy League '06-'07

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Anybody up for an NFL fantasy league this season? I wasn't checking for it a couple weeks ago, but I know I'll regret not having a squad to follow this season. If there's interest, I'll set one up. Let a bruh know.

Comments

• Anybody up for an NFL fantasy league this season? I wasn't checking for it a couple weeks ago, but I know I'll regret not having something to follow this season.

If there's interest, I'll set one up. Let a bruh know.

I'm in if you set it up. Live draft would be the nicest.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    COUNT ME IN!

Where's Phill?

• Yes, count me in!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    COUNT ME IN!

Where's Phill?

And where has Ed been?

I'm gonna set a league up in the next couple of days and I'm sure follios will fall in line.

• I think we could convince Rock to join.

I have a draft on Thursday 8/30 in the evening....when were you thinking of setting the draft date for? Tuesday after Labor Day might be a good look.

I'm good for any evening after 5 p.m. EST. So, let me know what works for the rest of ya'll.

I'm leaning towards Yahoo because it's been pretty good in years past.

Has anybody done the ESPN Fantasy thing?

• I'm leaning towards Yahoo because it's been pretty good in years past.

Has anybody done the ESPN Fantasy thing?

Yeah, they're pretty similar. Yahoo won't let you set up divisions if you want that option for free.

I'd prefer Yahoo tho cos I can access it at work but can't ESPN.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    NFL.com and the jealous bastards in my league fucked me last year......

I needed a back up Tight End on the cheap to complete my squad ...so being the genius i am i figured since Antonio Gates was Drew Brees' go to receiver in San Diego and Sean Payton loved to throw to the tight end i'd take a chance on whoever the 2nd string dude was in New Orleans........Some guy named Marques Colston ....I had Colston locked in as a Tight End from week one and tore ass ....but of course approaching playoff time a few jealous bitches in my league complained to NFL.com forcing them to declare my roster illegal eventhough it was NFL.com's goddamn fault.....nobody knew who the fuck Marques Colston was at the beginning of the season so why punish me for your fuck up ?.......It honestly wasn't a big deal that they fucked over my squad because i had enough to still to take the league...but they did the shit TEN MINUTES BEFORE KICKOFF !!! ....causing me to have zero points for that week and basically pissed my whole season away ....

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Anybody up for an NFL fantasy league this season? I wasn't checking for it a couple weeks ago, but I know I'll regret not having something to follow this season.

If there's interest, I'll set one up. Let a bruh know.

I'm in if you set it up. Live draft would be the nicest.

im in.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Never played FF before but I'm up for it.....can't do much worse than I am in FB.

I'll be out of pocket the first 2 weeks of Sept so hopefully the draft can be before then.

Any websites that can give me a crash course???

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    I'm down. I'm already in 2 as it is.

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN[/b]

Portal:[/b] http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1
    ID#:[/b] 571116
    Password:[/b] leosayer

10 total spaces available and I'd prefer to keep it tight, so don't z z z.

League is currently set to Live Draft on Saturday, September 1st @ 12:30pm PDT / 3:30 EDT.[/b] (It appears that this can only be done until 5 p.m. on weekdays. On weekends, draft times can be in the morning, afternoon, or evening.)

Does anyone besides Rock have a problem making that? I'd like to get us all in there, so let me know what works for you after registering.

• Just signed up. "Knaptown Blue Eagles"...What's the winner get? Records? Braggin rights? Both?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I am so down.

Only three spots left in the league.

Live Draft has been moved to Sunday, September 2 @ 3:00 PM EDT.[/b]

Does anybody else have a scheduling issue besides Rock? Please let me know, otherwise, this will be the last draft change.

Only three spots left in the league.

Live Draft has been moved to Sunday, September 2 @ 3:00 PM EDT.[/b]

Does anybody else have a scheduling issue besides Rock? Please let me know, otherwise, this will be the last draft change.

I can make it.....will be leaving the 4th.....truth is I may be better off with an auto-draft.

How about some more teams!!!

• We still at 7? C'mon peeps...ten is nothin. PHill? EdP? Soul on Ice?

Drew...if we're still lacking as it gets closer...I got a friend or two (one who lurks) who might could do the draft and fill out the league.

Seriously, let's go folks.

If three more aren't down by Thursday, the league will be open to any and all friends.

For the prize, I was thinking everyone send a $10-20 record to the winner. It's not a requirement to join, but at least it's something. How does that sound?

Seriously, let's go folks.

If three more aren't down by Thursday, the league will be open to any and all friends.

For the prize, I was thinking everyone send a $10-20 record to the winner. It's not a requirement to join, but at least it's something. How does that sound?

I'm down for a raer to the winner.

• Yeah, I like the decent $20 records from everyone idea...I'm thinking Soul LPs or 45's since this is SOUL stut, but whateva everyone else thinks...

• debardebar 215 Posts
    I'm in . Just signed up.

• I'm in . Just signed up.

Good man.

BUMP.

C'mon y'all...just need two more peeps. Ten team league is wide open...come win you somre RAER.

IF YOUR TEAM AIN'T THE SAINTS THEN YOUR TEAM SUCKS.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I'd sign up, but I have a draft for another league at that exact time. Dammit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'll sign up if y'all don't mind me letting Yahoo auto-draft for me.

• auto-draft

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

If you're gonna do that, I'd recommend spending about 15 minutes checking their rankings which can be jacked up. Might wanna bump up yr Saints, too. ;-)

auto-draft

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

If you're gonna do that, I'd recommend spending about 15 minutes checking their rankings which can be jacked up. Might wanna bump up yr Saints, too. ;-)

I would definitely set my priorities beforehand.

I was in on a draft last week and this is how Yahoo drafted for me:

Favre
    Delhomme
    Maroney
    T. Henry
    Deuce
    Colston
    Boldin
    Branch
    A. Gonzalez
    Horn
    Heap
    O. Daniels
    Kasay
    Mare
    San Diego D

We've aborted that draft and we're redoing it this week...but if I had to, I could definitely live with that team. In fact the only thing I'd have a problem with is Favre and even that could have worked out just fine.

So yeah, I'm comfortable with auto-drafting. My question was: are y'all comfortable with me auto-drafting?

• auto-draft

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I would definitely set my priorities beforehand.

I was in on a draft last week and this is how Yahoo drafted for me:

Favre
    Delhomme
    Maroney
    T. Henry
    Deuce
    Colston
    Boldin
    Branch
    A. Gonzalez
    Horn
    Heap
    O. Daniels
    Kasay
    Mare
    San Diego D

We've aborted that draft and we're redoing it this week...but if I had to, I could definitely live with that team. In fact the only thing I'd have a problem with is Favre and even that could have worked out just fine.

So yeah, I'm comfortable with auto-drafting. My question was: are y'all comfortable with me auto-drafting?

I got no beef w/ it, R. I agree, that's a solid squad save the QBs.

Alright, I'm in...Chopper City.

HarvC, no problem if you prefer auto.

ONE SPOT REMAINING