did chipotle change their tortillas?

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
FUCK THAT

Comments

• Check with Egbert...it's his favorite mexican in san diego.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I get the burrito bol, so I have no idea. I do know their stock is up 60% since I bought it a few months ago, so I'm down with that.

• no. i just had chipotle for lunch today. same tortillas. peace, stein. . .

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    hmm... i can't remember if they were rocking one of these. will have to check back.

http://chipotlog.com/image-galleries/col...-chipotle-new-t

i want to say the tortilla tasted almost twice baked. could be the cause.

• Qdoba is better.

• Qdoba is better.

They both suck; let's get that out there first....

But, QDoba is one hot and cold terd all rolled up poorly, and sold to the consumer at way too much cost. QDoba could be the worst fastfood I've ever eaten.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    qdoba aint hot. thats what i used to get in atl before i came to cali and experienced real mexican food.

i will ride for chipolte though. I was skeptical because mcdonalds owns them and shit, but its pretty decent.

Way better than a baja fresh.

Not as good as paquito mas, but kinda different anyways.

Don Diego's is still the shit for mex in the valley though. ask somebody,

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    qdoba aint hot. thats what i used to get in atl before i came to cali and experienced real mexican food.

i will ride for chipolte though. I was skeptical because mcdonalds owns them and shit, but its pretty decent.

Way better than a baja fresh.

Not as good as paquito mas, but kinda different anyways.

Don Diego's is still the shit for mex in the valley though. ask somebody,

McDonald's doesn't own Chipotle any more. They sold their majority share about a year ago.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Chipotle does not count as mexican food. If you are in LA, try Tacos Estrella, Happy Toms, Las Fuentes in Reseda, Chanos, etc etc etc....

There is a ritzy fancy mexican place in beverly hills of all places that is pretty authentic and off the chiiizain. Its called Frida, on beverly dr.

• How can Chipotle suck? It's chicken a tortilla some tomatoes and cheese and sour cream?

There's all kinds of great Mexican food and Tex-Mex down here, but Chipotle is a decent value and quick when you just want to throw down on some tacos or a burrito.

• I always get the bowl too, although last time I went there I got a burrito because it was free with my Zoo Pass.

Chipotle is better than baja fresh and all that other health-mex shit or whatever.

The best taco shop name in san diego is "IT'S A TACO SHOP" on sports arena blvd.

Of course in SoCal we have great mexican food. But if I were stuck somewhere else I would consider Chipotle a decent alternative. Besides, the people that enjoy chipotle (such as myself) don't think of it as "real" mexican food. But it tastes good anyways.

I will continue to stand up for chipotle on this board full of haters.