MALE VARUCA SALT SOUL COLLECTOR

Comments

• ITS TRUE. THE KID BURNED MY ASS.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    ITS TRUE. THE KID BURNED MY ASS.

GOOD RECORDS NYC SHOOK!

• Prodigal cousin of vermont record maven scowls at commons, ass-hurts local dealer. DOW takes dip despite fed opening tap on raer record supply. Sub-prime 45 loans to blame?

• B/W it's pretty much for sure that kid posts here/.....

Prodigal cousin of vermont record maven scowls at commons, ass-hurts local dealer. DOW takes dip despite fed opening tap on raer record supply. Sub-prime 45 loans to blame?

Close, it's a case of Johnny_Paycheck taking too many risks, thinking the Fed will bail him out by increasing the supply of raer.

Consumer confidence at GRNYC at an all-time low, after speculation that the proprietor will not be able to supply customers with a consistent stream of rare vinyl over $150.

• Consumer confidence at GRNYC at an all-time low, after speculation that the proprietor will not be able to supply customers with a consistent stream of rare vinyl over $150.

My wall > Your record collection

Consumer confidence at GRNYC at an all-time low, after speculation that the proprietor will not be able to supply customers with a consistent stream of rare vinyl over $150.

My wall > Your record collection

Why you gotta go there....

(sheepishly turns over Milt Jackson Sunflower)

• I'll be holding an investors call at 3:30 Monday est, to reassure everyone that despite the shortage of rare 60s soul on LP there is not an issue in the supply chain.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    B/W it's pretty much for sure that kid superposts[/b] here/.....

I'll be holding an investors call at 3:30 Monday est, to reassure everyone that despite the shortage of rare 60s soul on LP there is not an issue in the supply chain.

But will this be enough? I don't think so! That kid was a big player in the game.

• SP is into jazz.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    These parents are just trying to make the kids happy but they end of handicapping them from ever having a normal life.

That's some sad shit that I see all the time (I work for one of the more upscale child care programs in my city). I am eternally grateful that my father always tried his best to support me in my hobbies and interests (like signing me up for drum lessons when I was five, or helping me find things to do around the house so I could earn money to buy records), but he never spoiled me or handed anything to me simply because I demanded it. Parents like that are not doing their children any favors, and oftentimes they're only ensuring that their children will grow up to be demanding, neurotic jerks as adults.

These parents are just trying to make the kids happy but they end of handicapping them from ever having a normal life.

That's some sad shit that I see all the time (I work for one of the more upscale child care programs in my city). I am eternally grateful that my father always tried his best to support me in my hobbies and interests (like signing me up for drum lessons when I was five, or helping me find things to do around the house so I could earn money to buy records), but he never spoiled me or handed anything to me simply because I demanded it. Parents like that are not doing their children any favors, and oftentimes they're only ensuring that their children will grow up to be demanding, neurotic jerks as adults.

It's the circle of life yo. Chances are those grownups are demanding, neurotic jerks. Who's to blame though really?

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Most likely it's the spoiled "I want it now!" kid, but the first thing that popped into my head was that his behavior sounded like that of a child diagnosed with OCD, Autism, or Asperger's. The dad's response really made me think that it was more than a simple "spoiled brat" issue.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    You really need to set up a hidden camera & mic with a trigger pedal behind the register.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

It's the circle of life yo. Chances are those grownups are demanding, neurotic jerks. Who's to blame though really?

What? What the hell would make you assume that because a dad is caving in to his kid?
    The parents control the money and are enabling their child's neurosis. Not to mention they're forfeiting their power to their kid which will come back to bite them on the ass down the line.

If he does in fact have chemical/emotional/mental problems, they should be using that money on treatment, not records.

• You really need to set up a hidden camera & mic with a trigger pedal behind the register.

Anyone in NY that can help me do this will receive a nice record and a round of beers on the house.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

The parents control the money and are enabling their child's neurosis. Not to mention they're forfeiting their power to their kid which will come back to bite them on the ass down the line.

If he does in fact have chemical/emotional/mental problems, they should be using that money on treatment, not records.

Props to you for being a loving and intelligent parent.

Your kids are lucky to have a dad like you. (What's up, Day!)

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Props to you for being a loving and intelligent parent.

Your kids are lucky to have a dad like you. (What's up, Day!)

Thanks [email]I@n[/email]

Looks like I'll be up there in Oct. We should get up.

[color:white]page me [/color]

• You really need to set up a hidden camera & mic with a trigger pedal behind the register.

Anyone in NY that can help me do this will receive a nice record and a round of beers on the house.

You got a BAR up in there now?

I have to come visit soon...

You got a BAR up in there now?

I have to come visit soon...

Speakeasy

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    How many records did Lil Dude end up copping on daddy's Amex?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    You really need to set up a hidden camera & mic with a trigger pedal behind the register.

Seriously, a GoodRecordsNYC cam would be awesome. If this isn't set up by Thanksgiving, I'll go to the Apple store and hook you up with an iSight on my annual visit.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Seriously, a GoodRecordsNYC cam would be awesome. If this isn't set up by Thanksgiving, I'll go to the Apple store and hook you up with an iSight on my annual visit.

Damn that would make for some good internet!
    Virtual Soul Strut. Schhhhit.

• Alice Clark still available?

Dude has troubles, and so does dad. But, I ain't gonna lie- that is a funny fucking story...and, I'll watch anyone but myself on that camera.

It is all fun and games until we see ourselves on camera- 'I hate the sound of my own voice! ick!' etc. True strut annoyances revealed....

What? What the hell would make you assume that because a dad is caving in to his kid?

All I was saying was that a lot of times, psychological disorders are hereditary in nature. I'm sure the kid demanding $150+ records is the least of the dad's worries (i would guess).

Wouldn't you think that if people can get it all together that easily, they would have done so already?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Johnny Paychex= The Chuck Berry of the Soul Collecting Game

"Everything coming out alright in there, Ma'am?"

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Wouldn't you think that if people can get it all together that easily, they would have done so already?

nope.
    some parents just cant parent.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

nope.
    some parents just cant parent.

This isn't a defense of parenting across the board nor even a comment on this specific case (I wouldn't let my kid, at 14, buy ANYTHING that's $150+, be it records, clothes, whatever) but while it's technically true that parents control the purse strings, anyone with kids know that kids can wield an incredible amount of power over purchasing decisions and that's not because people are being bad parents. It's because it's really hard to keep saying "no" to your kid when they're asking over and over.

Like I said though, there's still a wide distance between "buying the cereal your kid is bugging you for" vs. "helping him complete his Tamla collection."