I dont feel like doing a fucking thing today

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Im just sitting here with invoices and staring at code, needing to put up a bunch a shit on the website and I dont think a cattle prod could get me to start banging this shit out...its hot, im tired and hungry. I got sucked into the Dylan thread and realized 45 minutes had passed..the only insrpiring thing that happened lately was a very charming French woman asking me if I was a musiclogist when I answered her question about what was the difference between Delta Blues and North Mississippi Hill Country blues...take me back to your apartment in the 16th nice lady...I wanna be out of the hot ass south today...I dont feel like doing shit.Hows your Friday?

Comments

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Today isn't so bad, but just can't wait for the bell to ring so to speak. Having the fam over for a "happy hour" tonight, so at least I have that to look forward to. Besides that w*rk is a b*tch right now and I haven't been able to log on to SS until right now, California time. Shit...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    My friday had a bizarrre twist. There was a meeting to be held today as an orientation for student teacher supervisors. 70 boxed lunches were ordered and paid for. As the delivery guy is trying to bring the lunches, our entire campus was shut down because robbery suspects were being chased and they came onto the campus. The meeting was cancelled, then they caught the robbery suspect, and now we have 70 box lunches to do something with. So, needless to say, lots of free lunch for everybody! Kinda fun.

• I feel you man.

I am also at work until 7pm tonight. Then going straight to the Darkroom to spin at the Budos show. It is sooo nice out right now in Chicago...sunny, cool breeze...damn I wanna go home!

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    bored at work myself. much better things to be doing than thinking of rap reggae songs. hung over a little and looking forward to playing tonight and sleeping long hours tomorrow. tired, so very tired.

how hot is the south these days? this time last week i was in kentucky and it was 105 degrees hotter than ass! eff that ess. strangely, minneapolis has been hovering around 70 and might not even get that warm over the weekend and we're getting some long overdue rain too, which i'm not mad at at all.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I feel you man.

I am also at work until 7pm tonight. Then going straight to the Darkroom to spin at the Budos show. It is sooo nice out right now in Chicago...sunny, cool breeze...damn I wanna go home!
    shd i go to this?? these dudes are good?

how do i motivate myself to work when i hate my job and everything about it?

• Work is good, and i'm getting a lot done for this preseason game tonight; plus, i'm producing a couple quarters, so if you're in the New England area, and you see a disaster in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, you know who is broadcasting it to you.

BUT, the TD (technical director) brought his son to be the runner for the truck, and that fat little kid is such a fucking demanding dick. I wanna slap him and tell him to go back to his internship, quit rolling his eyes, and ask fucking nicely.

• yes, you should go see budos tonight man, they're good! come introduce yourself if you make it...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    im tired and hungry.

You must eat!

My day has become considerably more lazy since I ate a most delicious lunch (sorry) of dill-y falafel, basmati with lentil/eggplant stew, salad and garlic yoghurt. Am trying to revive myself with cold coffee left over from this morning.
    I just got three of those Creation Rockers LPs and a great Okeh Records Chicago soul comp, so I really wish I was at home with the stereo, the cats, a stick of JA food and some cold green tea. Yea.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Work is good, and i'm getting a lot done for this preseason game tonight; plus, i'm producing a couple quarters, so if you're in the New England area, and you see a disaster in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, you know who is broadcasting it to you.

BUT, the TD (technical director) brought his son to be the runner for the truck, and that fat little kid is such a fucking demanding dick. I wanna slap him and tell him to go back to his internship, quit rolling his eyes, and ask fucking nicely.

Dude, you should. You're a producer, so you have the sway. That's your production, and you don't need to mollycoddle some kid because he's related to staff. That's the TD's bad for introducing his personal life into the work environment.

Anyway, I've been nursing a pretty heavy hangover all day due to meeting a really hot young lady DJ last night and getting torn apart on vodka. Turned out she's in a relationship, but her man was out of town, which was why she was kicking it solo with me.

Plus this is my 12th day in a row at work.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    bored at work myself. much better things to be doing than thinking of rap reggae songs. hung over a little and looking forward to playing tonight and sleeping long hours tomorrow. tired, so very tired.

how hot is the south these days? this time last week i was in kentucky and it was 105 degrees hotter than ass! eff that ess. strangely, minneapolis has been hovering around 70 and might not even get that warm over the weekend and we're getting some long overdue rain too, which i'm not mad at at all.

its hot, but the high tomorrow is only supposed to be 97! Cold Front!

Went down to the Deli to grab a sammich, while I was waiting, I read the review in the local rag for the movie "Superbad"...I have never read a more pretentious piece of shit review for a movie in a long while...the review panned it...even went so far as to bad mouth this dude:

Michael Cera..man this kid is a fucking comedy genius...his timing is unfucking real...he killed shit in Arrested Development..I mean if you can out-straight-man Jason Bateman, you're a motherfucker...

Now I havent seen the movie and the reviewer has, but I am looking forward,regardless...I think it will be great

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    mollycoddle

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Hows your Friday?
    I'm not feeling so hot. I went to work late and then left within 20 minutes. I got a bad headache and my stomach is acting up. might not be able to do my radio show tonight.
    at least I don't have any club/party gigs this weekend

J*****, that sucks about hot DJ girl...what was she playing? (besides you)

Hookup, whats "apartment in the 16th"?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    J*****, that sucks about hot DJ girl...what was she playing? (besides you)

Dubstep. I pretended to be interested.

Hookup, whats "apartment in the 16th"?

I was getting her address to write up a reciept and her zip/post code said she lived in the "16th"...Paris is divided up into districts called arrondissements...the last 2 numbers of the post code refers to what district they live in, ie. the 10th, the 16th, the 9th, etc....

seen.

Hows your Friday?
    I'm not feeling so hot. I went to work late and then left within 20 minutes. I got a bad headache and my stomach is acting up. might not be able to do my radio show tonight.

phone that shit in if you arent feeling well...on my radio show on Wednesday I wasnt feeling it, so I just played two old mix CDs of mine....no work whatsoever

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Preparing for the hurricane to hit by sunday bought some garbage bags to bag up the valuables just in case the zinc roof blows off.
    This weekend is gonna be fun.

Hows your Friday?

phone that shit in if you arent feeling well...on my radio show on Wednesday I wasnt feeling it, so I just played two old mix CDs of mine....no work whatsoever
    no one is there to "phone it in" to. (slacker college station R)
    i don't feel like leaving my apartment, otherwise I would go and just replay last week's show.

• now[/b] are you happy to be back?

good lord it is HOT. its days like these i am thankful for LA. i mean, i hate hot weather but i really like what the ladies are wearing.