NEW RAP YOU ARE FEELIN' (rap related)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
David Banner - Speakers (yes even the Akon hook)Lil Wayne - DreamsKanye Ft. Lil Wayne - Barry BondsSouljah Boy - Crank DatSlim Thug - Wood Grainyes, add on

Comments

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    WC - Gang Affiliated
    UGK - Gravy
    KiaShine - Tech Game

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    WC - Gang Affiliated

Have you heard the album and, if so, how is it?

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    PE - harder than you think

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    The 8Ball and MJG song off the Kia Shine album is

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude N' Dem "Watch My Feet"
    UGK "Hit The Block Featuring T.I."
    Izza Kizza "I'm The Izza Kizza" (in fact all dude's shit is crazy good, watch for this cat.)
    Kardinal Offishall "Graveyard Shift Feat. Akon"
    Kinfolk Kia Shine "So Krispy" (not really NEW but still...)
    Q-Tip "Work It Out"
    DJ Benzi "Gettin' It feat. The Cool Kids & Lil' Wayne"
    Turf Talk "Holla At You ft. Rick Rock"
    Milano "Drop feat. Akon"
    Jason Fox "Aunt Jackie" (Yeah I know, but this shit is flavor on some Fresh Prince throwback shit.)
    Mr. J. Medeiros "Silent Earth"
    Andre 3000 "Throwdown"

All get a hearty SHIT YEAH. You know, it's funny to see a list of shit that I'm feeling without the names of all the usual suspects.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Izza Kizza "I'm The Izza Kizza" (in fact all dude's shit is crazy good, watch for this cat.)

WC - Gang Affiliated

Have you heard the album and, if so, how is it?

6.5. Its slightly better than his last. It kinda sounds like a Westside Conn album minus Mac-10.
    Grown-Ass Man West Coast Rapp. Dudes complainin bout being overlooked these days, like sour NYC rappers.
    Large Ice Cube production w/ some other cats contributing. I like WC. He's a decent MC who does have high expectations from cats. Dude just keep pluggin away at his shit w/ out all the hoopla.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

me too - has totally grown on me

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

DJ Benzi "Gettin' It feat. The Cool Kids & Lil' Wayne"

this song is fun as shit. definitely a mix-cd cut, but still the lick.

check it

Ha, this guy's from Colorado Springs. I used to know this dude's group "The Procussions" back when they were a local four-man rap group. Now it's just two guys I guess and they all moved to LA and then NY or some shit. Crazy to see him getting love on here. Those guys were always on some straight up hip hop shit. Nothing too raw or too grimy, pretty clean cut and straight forward. Haven't heard any of their recent stuff since they've gotte national distro through Rawkus or whatever.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Ha, this guy's from Colorado Springs. I used to know this dude's group "The Procussions" back when they were a local four-man rap group. Now it's just two guys I guess and they all moved to LA and then NY or some shit. Crazy to see him getting love on here. Those guys were always on some straight up hip hop shit. Nothing too raw or too grimy, pretty clean cut and straight forward. Haven't heard any of their recent stuff since they've gotte national distro through Rawkus or whatever.

Yeah, I like that song. Pretty chill, in a Schnipper sort of way.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    gorilla zoe, boyz n da hood, plies, pastor troy, royce da 5'9's 'bar exam' mixtape, bone thugs album, that prodigy record, that new joell ortiz single is better than the last one. Boss hogg outlaws. trill ent. compilation. that styles ghost sessions record from earlier in the year. a bunch of the singles people are talking about here. want to check the new tum tum. the new stuff twista has been dropping. The new premier joints for termanology and big shug. etc.

that ugk of course, goes w/out saying

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    UGK "Hit The Block Featuring T.I."

cosign this, altho it wouldn't fit into the middle of the record i was all o_O when noz said it was wack

what do you guys think of yung burg

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts

Is this that Goodie Mob spin-off kinda thing? If so, what's the album like - anyone know? There were a few things floating around a year or so back, maybe longer, and I thought they were good.

Every track I heard on the album while skimming last night started off with him saying "Look at my hair, look at my shoes" or somethign very similar. I couldn't take it seriously at all. Then I got to the Ball and G track and that shit was striaght fuckin' FIRE. I would up it right now if I was at home, but try and listen to it if you can.

edit: here's a link to the track, supposedly.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2639412b12a461/

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Is this that Goodie Mob spin-off kinda thing? If so, what's the album like - anyone know? There were a few things floating around a year or so back, maybe longer, and I thought they were good.

I dunno. I'm pretty sure dude is from Memphis. I haven't heard the album yet but that's such a great song.

Its a cool album. dude isnt superrapper but he flows to his own beats pretty well. The beats are big and solid.

Good regular stuff. nuthin game changin at all.

• subsub 311 Posts
    Panacea - Flashback to Stardom
    The Smile Rays - A toast
    DJ Vadim - The sound catcher
    ParanormL - Jazz is the fundamentals
    Oddisee - Foot in the door
    Upstarts - The know how
    Blu - Below the heavens
    One Self - Organically grown

This is the thing I was thinking of;

I think it just came out in the US.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=w6TRhlFQFWk

'embedding disabled by request'

Every track I heard on the album while skimming last night started off with him saying "Look at my hair, look at my shoes" or somethign very similar. I couldn't take it seriously at all. Then I got to the Ball and G track and that shit was striaght fuckin' FIRE. I would up it right now if I was at home, but try and listen to it if you can.

edit: here's a link to the track, supposedly.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2639412b12a461/

This is great - thanks. I'll keep an eye peeled for this.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Andre 3000 "Throwdown"

what's it all about?

• saigon- comeon baby
    common - i want you
    papoose & snoop -bang it out
    talib- hot thing

forgetting a lot of stuff. there is some good rap out now.

ohh, and i know this song is corny, but i was in New Orleans for a wedding this past weekend and people were losing their minds to.....

the cupid shuffle!!!

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

me too - has totally grown on me

Anyone got an mp3 of this they could upload? I can't seem to track it down...

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Right now i'm submitting tracks to OC and Joell Ortiz (i'll post it up in September)...I listening back to Ortiz. Not bad at all.
    Saigon got me amped with his swizz beats collab.
    I'm waiting on Carter 3. Period.
    I still avoid all Akon products.
    Rell, Jones, Zeekey, 40 cal, i tried...i gave up.
    Talib Kweli...Joe Budden...Styles P.

does the last devin the dude full-length count? That's really the newest hip-hop i'm feelin.

does the last devin the dude full-length count? That's really the newest hip-hop i'm feelin.

Have you heard the UGK double album?

• I am fucking with the new Sean Price in a major way.