MF Doom show in SF last night (fraud related)

13»

Comments

• sergserg 682 Posts
    yeah dude has been lip syncing it at all those paid dues/rock the bells festivals

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    we put on a doom show here in dc a few years ago. he was kind of a lackluster performer, and late to the show, but he definitely did a good hour+, as obligated. apparantly that was an anomaly.

the weirdest part was that when doom's tour manager (?) did the soundcheck for him, he ran through his songs and sounded exactly like him. so the idea of ghost dooms seems completely viable on some humpty hump/krusty klown college shit.

i went to that show...sound mixing was wack.

Sorry?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yeah dude has been lip syncing it at all those paid dues/rock the bells festivals

I can't believe fools are buying that shit. I watched a couple other videos and it's clear as day dude is lip syncing. I wonder what the deal is.

nalgas

• sergserg 682 Posts
    well the people going to those rock the bells things are retarded, fucking 80 bucks to stand around with sweaty baseball caps and cargo shorts waving their hands in the air like they've never been to a fucking rap show ever and yell the wrong words to songs they downloaded off the intersucks. Those kids fucking eat that bullshit up, never question that rappers are fucking dumbasses, and that they are getting fucked in the ass to watch one of the most poorly organized concerts ever.

I don't like rock the bells at all

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    well the people going to those rock the bells things are retarded, fucking 80 bucks to stand around with sweaty baseball caps and cargo shorts waving their hands in the air like they've never been to a fucking rap show ever and yell the wrong words to songs they downloaded off the intersucks. Those kids fucking eat that bullshit up, never question that rappers are fucking dumbasses, and that they are getting fucked in the ass to watch one of the most poorly organized concerts ever.

LOL! Well said, but Serg tell us how you REALLY feel about the rock the bells shows. Don't hold back.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

LOL! Well said, but Serg tell us how you REALLY feel about the rock the bells shows. Don't hold back.

Those shows started out here in San Bernardino but I've never been. Serg pretty much nailed the reasons why. Hate to say it, but outside of Federation most rap shows I've been to were boring as fuck.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I did a show with him back in the day and it was great. After he was done, he chased some kids out of the club and beat their asses, and went into the studio and recorded a song about it the next day.

ha i remember you telling this story years ago. The show was at liquid right?

I've seen him live a few times and he was not lipsynching and was pretty damn good too.

This is awful, I just lost a bit of respect for him.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I saw him in 2000 at this little place near UPenn and he killed it. Maybe he hates to fly so all of his West Coast gigs are standins. I like the part of the clip where he raps "is this mic on?" Ha, no.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    if ever there was a necessary moment!!!!
    EXPLAIN YOURSELF ZEV!!

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    Found this shit on youtube:

Check the lyric at 2:13

What's going on?? DOOM don't fail me now!

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    Update via Stones Throw's newsletter:

DOOM RESPONDS TO RUMORS

Every day for the past month we've been hit up by people wanting explanations, statements, clarifications, and declarations about MF DOOM. Is he lip synching? (No. Listen to the videos on Youtube.) Is he an impostor? (No, but he did lose some pounds.) Is he in the hospital? (No, he's in his studio ... or if not there, you can find him in the pub with the grub stain.)

Reached earlier this morning at his home in Georgia, an alive and well MF DOOM issued this statement: "What up? I'm dead."

DOOM was in Los Angeles recently and recorded a few verses at The Bomb Shelter studio, where Madvillain, Quasimoto, YNQ, and Madlib classics have been made. Among the new joints recorded was one with him and Guilty Simpson over J Dilla's "Mash" and another over Dilla's "Lightworks". "Mash's Revenge" will be released on the album "B-Ball Zombie War" on October 2. Take a listen: www.myspace.com/mfdoom

• doing rapper hands.

my girl loves that move

• Goddamn those Rock the Bell concerts look fucking TERRIBLE. I would throw up on myself if I walked up in one of those fucking shows(but I wouldnt go in the first place).

So I read somewhere yesterday(who knows where), Doom was supposed to be at a show(or something like that) and whoever was on stage said to "pray for Doom, he is in the hospital fighting for his life"..or something very similar. Shit, maybe I read that on this forum? Maybe that was just a bullshit rumor or something, I dont know. All I do know is those YouTube clips of his shows posted above look beyond corny.