MF Doom show in SF last night (fraud related)

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Wasn't there some dude who was making money impersonating Quasimoto and putting on shows like 4 years back? With like some crazy homemade Lord Quas costume and shitty pitch shifter pedal... hahaha

dj fuckstick got the pics!

Ahhh, the Justice League. Now known as the Independent--where last night's MF Doom madness went down. I'm actually there right now waiting to sound check. We'll see what happens tonight....

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    what if Doom didnt really exist?

what if he is a myth?

maybe no one has ever really seen Doom....???

people who are friends with him might be friends with someone who isnt really Doom...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Wasn't there some dude who was making money impersonating Quasimoto and putting on shows like 4 years back? With like some crazy homemade Lord Quas costume and shitty pitch shifter pedal... hahaha

Ahhh, the Justice League. Now known as the Independent--where last night's MF Doom madness went down. I'm actually there right now waiting to sound check. We'll see what happens tonight....

Watch the flying bottles man! Hope things go alright for you, whatever ends up going down with Doom.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

what if he is a myth?

people who are friends with him might be friends with someone who isnt really Doom...
    I have a picture of him without his mask from a show he did in Orlando about five years ago. I can assure you that he exists.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

what if he is a myth?

I have a picture of him without his mask from a show he did in Orlando about five years ago. I can assure you that he exists.

yea but im sayin

imagine the unmasked Doom wasnt Doom and the real Doom that does shows regularly is not really Doom

and this fake Doom last night was really a fake "fake Doom"

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

what if he is a myth?

yea but im sayin

imagine the unmasked Doom wasnt Doom and the real Doom that does shows regularly is not really Doom

and this fake Doom last night was really a fake "fake Doom"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    we put on a doom show here in dc a few years ago. he was kind of a lackluster performer, and late to the show, but he definitely did a good hour+, as obligated. apparantly that was an anomaly.

the weirdest part was that when doom's tour manager (?) did the soundcheck for him, he ran through his songs and sounded exactly like him. so the idea of ghost dooms seems completely viable on some humpty hump/krusty klown college shit.

Watch the flying bottles man! Hope things go alright for you, whatever ends up going down with Doom.

Show got cancelled. "Medical reasons."

• I heard this was the case at Rock the Bells too!

I totally said the same thing to my boy as we were watching his "show"

As we were walking up, I remember Murs hinting at something like that as he was stalling for time, since Doom was (naturally) late.

• I heard this was the case at Rock the Bells too!

I totally said the same thing to my boy as we were watching his "show"

As we were walking up, I remember Murs hinting at something like that as he was stalling for time, since Doom was (naturally) late.

He's on some Barry Bonds shit.

Doom gets the astrick (*).

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Show got cancelled. "Medical reasons."

Doom revealed!

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I went to see a TISM show in highscool, and we turned up really late because the support acts stunk. So we were right at the back of the room, and i'm pretty short so we couldn't really see shit. So the band comes out, in pseudo devilish full body suits. The gutarist goes to take a power chord strum, and before he could a power chord emanates from the back of the room (right behind us). Lights go down on the main stage, and come up on the back of the room revealing what looked like a small concession stand at the back of the room. The curtains pull back and another band in the same suits (presumably the "real" TISM) start up the show, from the back of the hall, putting us in the front row.

MF Doom needs to get on TISM's level, the mind-fuckery possibilities are endless.

• rascmonrascmon 441 Posts
    anyone remember the pics/videos of the fake sticky fingaz? dude toured all over europe or some shit and had mad confused europeans wilin out to last dayz lipsynchin

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Ahhh, the Justice League.

i miss the justice league despite their muffled ass sound system. barry mcgee all over the walls, a gigantic rectangular bar and many many memories. best name ever for a club

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

i miss the justice league despite their muffled ass sound system. barry mcgee all over the walls, a gigantic rectangular bar and many many memories. best name ever for a club

I definitely miss the old bar setup. the new one is weak.

but the sound system in there was g-d awful.

and I left more than one show due to stifling heat. place had NO ventilation.

but the shows I've seen/experiences I've had at that venue alone could fill a book.

I definitely miss the old bar setup. the new one is weak.

but the sound system in there was g-d awful.

and I left more than one show due to stifling heat. place had NO ventilation.

but the shows I've seen/experiences I've had at that venue alone could fill a book.

The sound system is better now (not perfect, of course, but better), and the bar doesn't jut into the middle of the floor anymore. It still gets pretty hot in there, though. When I was on stage Wednesday, it took all of about 5 minutes for me to start sweating like Patrick Ewing.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I got way too high in there from a joint someone handed me (NAGL, I know) while the Skratch Piklz were performing and had a "Don't Fear The Reaper" moment ala

I also got thrown out for smuggling a 40 in there.

Good times.

I got way too high in there from a joint someone handed me (NAGL, I know) while the Skratch Piklz were performing and had a "Don't Fear The Reaper" moment ala

Good times.

Hahaha, but did you try to worm Crump's brother's chicks?

• i miss the justice league despite their muffled ass sound system. barry mcgee all over the walls, a gigantic rectangular bar and many many memories. best name ever for a club
    they had the WORST bathrooms too. i remember one night they flooded. yuck. plus, the stall doors started really high off the floor, so if you were sitting on the toilet, it seemed like the bottom of the door was higher than your booty and everyone could see you.

this story is so bizarre though. that sucks that the club won't refund people's money.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    that sucks that the club won't refund people's money.

i had a similiar experience when i thought i was going to see bill laswell's project at the time (especially since he did a free show at stern grove the previous day) and i get there and it's a dj playing the stuff. everyone was so pissed off! $17 for that

this story is so bizarre though. that sucks that the club won't refund people's money.

People were chanting "Refund! Refund!" on Wednesday...I kinda feel like they should've gotten one. People who bought presale tickets for last night's show are getting refunds, though.

Also, I can honestly say I've never smelled a stench quite like the JL's/Independent's green rooms. As soon as you walk into one, this horrible odor of mildewey towels, locker-room stank, and stale farts and BO pretty much punches you in the face.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    we put on a doom show here in dc a few years ago. he was kind of a lackluster performer, and late to the show, but he definitely did a good hour+, as obligated. apparantly that was an anomaly.

the weirdest part was that when doom's tour manager (?) did the soundcheck for him, he ran through his songs and sounded exactly like him. so the idea of ghost dooms seems completely viable on some humpty hump/krusty klown college shit.

i went to that show...sound mixing was wack. was good to see labtekwon tho.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Lost some respect for dude with this fakeness. Dude is Milli Vanilli.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    that sucks that the club won't refund people's money.

i had a similiar experience when i thought i was going to see bill laswell's project at the time (especially since he did a free show at stern grove the previous day) and i get there and it's a dj playing the stuff. everyone was so pissed off! $17 for that

you were better off...Bill Laswell is

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    It seems like doom's live is rep as far back as a few years ago is pretty bad in the bay area. His shows, the two i've seen in sf, were certainly not worth a paid ticket. gladly i never paid.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I did a show with him back in the day and it was great. After he was done, he chased some kids out of the club and beat their asses, and went into the studio and recorded a song about it the next day.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts

Good times.
    I aint ending up like that Samoan dude

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    Lost some respect for dude with this fakeness. Dude is Milli Vanilli.

this shit looks weak. at one point the mic isn't even near his mouth and you can hear him say something. those guys need some work. what type of hypeman school did they go to?

"put your hands down. put your hands down."

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    times one million