WEEKDAY FINDS...

pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
here's my little lot: i prefer the later Illes LP (with the parcel on the cover) more glammy and a more fun listen... the 'Z' soundtrack has a bunch of stupid greek music on but one track 'cafe rock' is a monster fuzz and breakbeat tune that comes out of nowhere ---- i only picked it up in the shop cos the cover looks cool. i love it when things come together! the SBB is a little dull but i needed to complete the set.... how lame is that?!whats everyone else scored?

Comments

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    IMG src=http://www.soulstrut.com/images/reviews/crates/motown/Hirt,-Al---Soul-In-The-Horn.gif>

FINALLY

why the fuck was this so impossible to find? ive seen every other record he ever did probably 235987877777777777777724983470298346 times and ive only seen this ONCE, yesterday. lots of cool shit on here, not just harlem hendoo

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

FINALLY

why the fuck was this so impossible to find? ive seen every other record he ever did probably 235987877777777777777724983470298346 times and ive only seen this ONCE, yesterday. lots of cool shit on here, not just harlem hendoo

I hadn't listened to this record since I got it years ago. Slapped it on and was surprised hat there were quite a few good songs on there because all I could originally remember was the sample on there.

• FINALLY

I hadn't listened to this record since I got it years ago. Slapped it on and was surprised hat there were quite a few good songs on there because all I could originally remember was the sample on there.

This one's quite nice....

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

FINALLY

I hate to say this as a Memphian, but I think it actually trumps the Mar-Keys version...

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    I found this LP in a thrift the other day:

Although the music is pretty good, it's hard to enjoy it with the abundance of soundbytes & news clips thrown in the mix. A bit of a shame really.
    Also the pressing is really bad for such a big label (Mercury).

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

FINALLY

I hate to say this as a Memphian, but I think it actually trumps the Mar-Keys version...

great record. not sure why i had picked it up, probably because it looked better than the other al hirt records and it was in a dollar bin so, why not. got it home and dropped it on harlem hendoo and pooted myself.

• e-find, but one i've been looking for since 2002...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I found this LP in a thrift the other day:

Although the music is pretty good, it's hard to enjoy it with the abundance of soundbytes & news clips thrown in the mix. A bit of a shame really.
    Also the pressing is really bad for such a big label (Mercury).

Yeah I have that, feel the same way.