Rep your Lowest Form of Music

2»

Comments

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts
    I???m going to go with dad rock, for lack of a better term, and your mileage may vary according to your local experience and background. The genre of dad rock isn???t so much defined by particular artists; it???s more about the aesthetic, generally non-threatening, laidback guitar strumming with a touch of baby-boomer angst and a dash of wistfulness. Typically, it???s seventies rocker-types who weren???t cool enough to do drugs or bands named after states. Artists who may have some redeeming qualities and essential material, i.e. Bob Dylan or Neil Young, lobbed the occasional underhand slow-pitch terd that dad-rockists eagerly co-opted and added to the endless rotation of lovelorn ballads and blazing uptempo harmonica solos. Other artists such as the Fogelbergs of the world, operate strictly in the dad rock paradigm, an alternate reality in which Jimmy Carter is still in office and a wood-paneled basement sounds like a great idea. My dad rides hard for all these dudes, when we???re rolling in the Toyota Avalon with the steering mushier than a bowl of porridge, you best believe we???re pumping the Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose. There are even newer jams that have been adopted into the dad rock canon, like the New Radicals ???You Get What You Give??? and Rufus Wainwirght???s ???Hallelujah.??? I remember being six years old, throwing a tennis ball at the side of my house while my dad was jamming out to some Eagles LP and painting the living room, the definition of a dad rock experience.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    HAHAHA! This made me laugh!

I can??t even imagine people honestly ENJOYING this music? I can??t even understand what drugs would be needed to make this bearable! Jeeeeez, imagining sitting down making a "best of" CD with this shit for your other gabber-loving friends, or even worse LIVING NEXT DOOR. It??s sonic torture for gods sake!

- J

I used to go to raves, free parties etc, gabber never had a huge draw, but I'd equate it to liking the hardest forms of metal/rock. Some gabba dj's would drop grindcore (?) rock type tracks in sets.

A dance sub-sub-genre that always amuses me is Scouse House.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    That's not Scouse. It's at least 20 miles away! I'd place him from Middleton/Oldham, maybe Manc end of Warrington. Not any further North, because he missed the opportunity to rhyme "Cider" with "Ruffneck rider." :schoolboyerror:

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Punk Trash Heavy Hardcore Rock...or whatever you call it. People like Blue Oyster Cult and shit. You need to be sick to appreciate that kind of "noise".

cosign with Birdman, you have never heard a BOC song. But, I assume you are talking about Slayer, Sabbath, Stooges, etc.....its ok proper rock isnt for everyone.

So now plaese to throw away EVERY Hip Hop/Rap record you own with a "Heavy Hardcore Rock" Sample...whew, dont you feel better after getting rid of hundreds and hundreds of records?

Basically my lowest form would be anything "hot" in the clurb at the moment, I mean the music cant be that fucking good if the "whats hot" turnover is every fucking week...."God, that song is old, that shit was big back in July"...disposible anti-music....

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Didjeridoo music

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    goddamn this thread is getting good.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

• the most primitive from of latin music, dramatatic intros...yelling, and most of all.....CHANGE THE BEAT.

Bmore rates pretty low for me as well.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

• Is this thread supposed to be about the lowest form of music that you actually like or what do you think is the lowest form of music period?

• All of those guys need to get punched hard.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I???m going to go with dad rock, for lack of a better term, and your mileage may vary according to your local experience and background. The genre of dad rock isn???t so much defined by particular artists; it???s more about the aesthetic, generally non-threatening, laidback guitar strumming with a touch of baby-boomer angst and a dash of wistfulness. Typically, it???s seventies rocker-types who weren???t cool enough to do drugs or bands named after states. Artists who may have some redeeming qualities and essential material, i.e. Bob Dylan or Neil Young, lobbed the occasional underhand slow-pitch terd that dad-rockists eagerly co-opted and added to the endless rotation of lovelorn ballads and blazing uptempo harmonica solos. Other artists such as the Fogelbergs of the world, operate strictly in the dad rock paradigm, an alternate reality in which Jimmy Carter is still in office and a wood-paneled basement sounds like a great idea. My dad rides hard for all these dudes, when we???re rolling in the Toyota Avalon with the steering mushier than a bowl of porridge, you best believe we???re pumping the Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose. There are even newer jams that have been adopted into the dad rock canon, like the New Radicals ???You Get What You Give??? and Rufus Wainwirght???s ???Hallelujah.??? I remember being six years old, throwing a tennis ball at the side of my house while my dad was jamming out to some Eagles LP and painting the living room, the definition of a dad rock experience.

YOU HATIN ON YACHT ROCK???

I'm gonna go with that whiny EMO bullshit that has taken over the rock airwaves. that shit is annoying. they all have the same voices, crying about high school crushes, and getting beat up in gym. pussy rock.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Dude, you just went from my Favorite New Poster to Mortal Enemy in one fell swoop.

Music that I hate? The first thing that comes to mind is "dreamy" pan-flute playing South American indidgenous music. Kill me now.

• Acapella...

College doods fakin' the soul to re-enact all the worst music...WITH VOCAL INSTRUMENTS, and STUPID NAMES!

• the most primitive from of latin music, dramatatic intros...yelling, and most of all.....CHANGE THE BEAT.

Bmore rates pretty low for me as well.

theres plenty of good reggaeton. there's also plenty of bad reggaeton. hatting on the entire genre without listening to more than 10 songs is

would you like hip hop if you only heard 'chicken noodle soup', 'ay bay bay', 'party like a rockstar' and 'my drink and my two step'?

Acapella...

(damn, i got the office on my mind this week. i cant wait for the new seasoon!)

• Music that I hate? The first thing that comes to mind is "dreamy" pan-flute playing South American indidgenous music. Kill me now.

So-called Peruvians who are probably just mexicans in funny shirts and hats. Those guys are everywhere.

Maybe Thes can clue us in if those guys are real peruvians or not.

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts

Check the post, me and my dad ride to this shit. Windows down, shoes on the dash. I thought the point was to rep genres nobody else is feelin.

oh. i think were all confused as to what this thread is supposed to be.

KEEP YACHTING!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I will continue to say this again and again: there is no such thing as "Yacht Rock."

There is "Dad Rock."

There is "White Heat."

i will never utter that phrase again.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Check the post, me and my dad ride to this shit. Windows down, shoes on the dash. I thought the point was to rep genres nobody else is feelin.

REDEEMED!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I have this embarrassing affinity for straight ahead free jazz.