Rep your Lowest Form of Music

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
When I think of food courts and hi-jinks, there's only one god awful genre that comes to mind.Yaba Dabba Doo.What is your Lowest Form of Music?

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    When I think of food courts and hi-jinks, there's only one god awful genre that comes to mind.

Yaba Dabba Doo.

What is your Lowest Form of Music?

Gotta agree if you are talking about current poppy punk ska, but old
    60's Jamaican ska is dope IMO.
    And I've got a soft spot for the 80's British stuff-The Specials, English Beat, Madness etc.
    For me it's Tejano, that mexican polka shit kills me!

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Trance

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    current poppy punk ska,

• I dunno about third wave ska, but you need to get familiar:

ska music is good when done right, 30 years ago.

as far as "lowest" form, in my opinion, music is just different notes. you get out of it what you put into it. if your objective is to make a pop hit and sell alot and have no one care about your shit next year, that's what you'll make. If you want to pour your heart and soul into a track that might not sell shit, but people will be checking for 20 years from now, good shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

third wave ska

Please don't use that phrase--that music is not ska and neither is that two-tone trash from the eighties.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Punk Trash Heavy Hardcore Rock...or whatever you call it. People like Blue Oyster Cult and shit. You need to be sick to appreciate that kind of "noise".

• third wave ska

Please don't use that phrase--that music is not ska and neither is that two-tone trash from the eighties.

simpletons understand simple words. what would you call it pops?

ps- so a band call the "skatalites" isnt making ska music

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I quite like Hepcat.

But they opened for Rancid. This is why we hate.

2Tone = genius British music.

I got some Reggaeton on Fuentes. It's not bad.

• Trance

and it's retarded cousin, Gabber.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I dunno about third wave ska, but you need to get familiar:

as far as "lowest" form, in my opinion, music is just different notes. you get out of it what you put into it. if your objective is to make a pop hit and sell alot and have no one care about your shit next year, that's what you'll make. If you want to pour your heart and soul into a track that might not sell shit, but people will be checking for 20 years from now, good shit.

I cannot stand 1980's synth-pop at any price, whether it's New Order or even some teenybopper act like A-Ha...yet all the new alt-rock bands coming out today like Office and We Are Wolves have that sound, and I like them quite a lot, so who's to say?

But I still won't be busting out with any Ministry...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Rap

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

I dunno about third wave ska, but you need to get familiar:

I cannot stand 1980's synth-pop at any price, whether it's New Order or even some teenybopper act like A-Ha...yet all the new alt-rock bands coming out today like Office and We Are Wolves have that sound, and I like them quite a lot, so who's to say?

But I still won't be busting out with any Ministry...

...but no Joy Division, JP? For shame.

Rap

[color:blue]I cannot stand 1980's synth-pop at any price, whether it's New Order or even some teenybopper act like A-Ha...yet all the new alt-rock bands coming out today like Office and We Are Wolves have that sound, and I like them quite a lot, so who's to say?

But I still won't be busting out with any Ministry... [/color]

[color:red]...but no Joy Division, JP? For shame. [/color]

Nope. Can't stand that shit.

I think what saves the newer bands like Office is that they sound a little more glammish. New Order and Heaven 17 and the rest, on the other hand, are just disco in new wave drag.

Luck, what you doin' up at this ungodly hour!! >

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Trance

Thank you.

Die you tranceyfucks.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I don't have a "lowest form of music". Maybe this shows a lack of discrimination on my part, but I can usually find something worthwhile in pretty much any genre of music. I've even got a couple of Celine Dion 12"'s at home, for Christ's sake. I have to say, though, that while I don't actively dislike it, this strain of ska-punk which seems to be popular in parts of the US is kinda bewildering to me. It doesn't seem to have much to do with actual ska at all, and just sounds like an amped-up version of The Specials' punkier moments, which were always comparatively few and far between to begin with.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Anything that sounds like the Venga Boys feat. Crazy Frog on doublespeed. Trance, Hardcore Trance, whatever you want to call it.

Augustus Pablo and that "Studio One"-type output. There I said it. Perhaps recreational smoking would reveal some mental hook on which to gain purchase for further listening. But that's never been my thing.

Festival rock. Killers, Radiohead, whatever is being hyped to within an inch of it's life. If anyone tells me I am supposed to like something, it'll be the thing I debliberately set out to like the least. I can take some of the Fooeys though.

Rappers who are retarded. Mugs who parade "Cribs" around a gaff where your feet stick to the carpet and are unable to string a sentence together. Mugs who tell youth that criminal activity and non-contribution to society because you need 24" chrome rims are the only measures of success.

Really old Harlem World inaudible bootlegs of mediocre rhyming where everyone's raps seem to based on the same fridge-magnet rap sentence set.

but

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Really old Harlem World inaudible bootlegs of mediocre rhyming where everyone's raps seem to based on the same fridge-magnet rap sentence set.

this is a joke right?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    EUROtrance.

DJ Tiesto type stuff. "Dreamy Synths" and sped up female smurf-vocals. Urgh!

- J

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    dudes, meet jumpstyle THE LOWEST FORM OF MUSIC!

Looks like a good workout though.

This is what I mean:

- J

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Punk Trash Heavy Hardcore Rock...or whatever you call it. People like Blue Oyster Cult and shit. You need to be sick to appreciate that kind of "noise".
    i don't think you have ever heard an actual BOC song.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    happy hardcore
    reggaeton
    trance
    drum machine merengue
    all new pop music from 1992 foward
    poser metal
    lite jazz cd 101.9 dentist chair and of course
    private press/rare glam
    redundo
    hkunt

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Looks like a good workout though.

This is what I mean:

- J

damn. this is it for me. I absolutely cant stand it.

Unfortunately most of the known world is all about it,

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Trance

good lord. This is so shockingly awful that i think there might be something to it. Once you pass a certain threshold of amazingly bad music i at least have to kind of respect it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Trance

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    Trance

goddamn..my ears are bleedin ..

HAHAHA! This made me laugh!

I can??t even imagine people honestly ENJOYING this music? I can??t even understand what drugs would be needed to make this bearable! Jeeeeez, imagining sitting down making a "best of" CD with this shit for your other gabber-loving friends, or even worse LIVING NEXT DOOR. It??s sonic torture for gods sake!

- J

damn. this is it for me. I absolutely cant stand it.

Unfortunately most of the known world is all about it,

I know I know! Thankfully this kind of sound has quieted down a lot over here.

Check out that video though! Considering how much money this putrid slice of trance-vomit made when it came out I thought they would??ve been able to spend a bit more on a decent video, instead of some handheld camera bullshit farting about downtown Oslo!

This whole song, that "artist", that video is probably the worst example of conveyor-belt techno I??ve ever heard. ESPECIALLY considering how old that particular sound was even when it came out!

- J